Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 332 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 5,276 to 5,300 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If this Blackwells edition is yet another variant outside Goldsboro's 350 signed/#d copies, the number of variants of this book has gone from silly to absurd. I hope the PS edition is cheap, because with this many "special editions" flooding the market it's likely not going to be a particularly good investment.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    If this Blackwells edition is yet another variant outside Goldsboro's 350 signed/#d copies, the number of variants of this book has gone from silly to absurd. I hope the PS edition is cheap, because with this many "special editions" flooding the market it's likely not going to be a particularly good investment.
    I couldn't agree more. I also noticed the ISBN for the signed copy at B&N is different from the one for the signed copy at BAM. J could be reading them wrong, but enough is enough.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I don’t know if someone is pulling my leg or not but I hear the other day that Joe has a rare medical condition. It’s similar to sleep walking but its sleep autographing. They said he has full-time staff that place books in front of him while he sleeps and on a good night he can sign a full pallet of books.

Spoiler:
    OK so I may have just made that up but it sounds plausible
    It's a rare untreatable disorder aptly named Blankpageophobia, usually coupled with Doubledipitis. Neil Gaiman is said to be suffering from it as well.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I don’t know if someone is pulling my leg or not but I hear the other day that Joe has a rare medical condition. It’s similar to sleep walking but its sleep autographing. They said he has full-time staff that place books in front of him while he sleeps and on a good night he can sign a full pallet of books.

Spoiler:
    OK so I may have just made that up but it sounds plausible
    It's a rare untreatable disorder aptly named Blankpageophobia, usually coupled with Doubledipitis. Neil Gaiman is said to be suffering from it as well.
    Ain't that the truth. He tweeted he signed 3000 signature pages for the Cheap Seats book coming out. He should spend time with his wife and new child :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Odd. On Goldsboro ' s website it says exclusive. Personally I think Blackwells are reselling...
    (Their site also says they only have very limited copies)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a variant junkie but I also agree this is too much.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Odd. On Goldsboro ' s website it says exclusive. Personally I think Blackwells are reselling...
    (Their site also says they only have very limited copies)
    I doubt that since Blackwell sells it for £ 20 while the Goldsboro edition costs £ 25
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

If you go to the Blackwell's website it states that it is published by Orion and is a first edition signed by the author. I think someone may have used the wrong photo on the ad as no mention is made to the red edging.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just spent 50 minutes on a video conference with Joe for an interview that will appear in the forthcoming issue of Cemetery Dance. You won't be disappointed!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I ended up with an extra ARC of The Fireman. It's the US second state. $75 OBO.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I just spent 50 minutes on a video conference with Joe for an interview that will appear in the forthcoming issue of Cemetery Dance. You won't be disappointed!
    Looking forward to it!

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Waterstones signed edition: https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9781785172991

It shows, though doesn't state, red page edges. Different ISBN
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What are the chances all the uk editions have red edges...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's looking pretty good right about now.

Unsigned without red edges is the hard one to find.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think at current count I have, 3 maybe 4 copies pre ordered. Genuinely excited, I don't even care If they're rare, I'm just pumped to have them.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was talking to a UK collector yesterday and they were saying that all UK editions were sprayed not just Goldsboro. Not sure if he meant all signed editions or ALL editions. I think Waterstones is doing a sprayed one as well.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I wonder if the Goldsboro edition is the only embellished-UK-trade that is numbered (of 350), though. I haven't seen mention of a numbered limitation on any of the others.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted this in the "evil sellers" thread, but I wanted to list it here as though as he has another Fireman proof available:

Just a friendly warning:

I bought a proof of The Fireman from eBay seller slough_exile. It was one of those shipping by Amazon deals, so my book was shipped only in a cardboard box where it freely bopped around until landing on my doorstep. Book was advertised as "Brand New," but now there are dings from the shipping. It's not horrible, but I am totally annoyed and let him know it. I just wanted to alert the rest of you as I assume he ships all his books this way.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked Gollancz on Twitter to clarify the red edged copies. They replied that only select retailers will get signed copies with red edges (Goldsboro and Waterstones). Apparently Blackwell books used the wrong picture in their add, they may be getting signed copies as Joe will do a book tour in the UK in June, but not the limited red edged variant.

Edit: Blackwell books contacted Gollancz and will be getting copies of the limited red edged version as well

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Are all three stores providing numbered copies, or just Goldsboro?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blurb about The Fireman in today's PS Publishing newsletter.

So let’s kick off with a look-see at what David Stoupakis is up to on THE FIREMAN.

David has just turned in his third (of twelve) piece and it’s an absolute doozy. Both Joe and I are vying for suitable compliments each time he sends something along and every time I think, yeah, this is it: this is the best he’s gonna do. And then he goes and tops it a couple weeks later. Take a look—here are the second and third pieces: See what I mean!

In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month.

Edit: Just noticed the number on the fireman's helmet
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Are all three stores providing numbered copies, or just Goldsboro?
    As far as I know, Goldsboro is the only one that offers a numbered version of this signed edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Blurb about The Fireman in today's PS Publishing newsletter.

So let’s kick off with a look-see at what David Stoupakis is up to on THE FIREMAN.

David has just turned in his third (of twelve) piece and it’s an absolute doozy. Both Joe and I are vying for suitable compliments each time he sends something along and every time I think, yeah, this is it: this is the best he’s gonna do. And then he goes and tops it a couple weeks later. Take a look—here are the second and third pieces: See what I mean!

In response to all those folks clamoring for the order page, fear not. It’ll be up late next month.

Edit: Just noticed the number on the fireman's helmet
    Late next month...that means there's still some time to save money if PS maintains the pricing level of the 20th century ghosts anniversary edition, I'm gonna need the extra time to come up with the dough

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you had the chance to ask Joe a question, what would it be. Questions that are more general stand a better chance in this hypothetical than very specific ones (about characters or particular events in books, for example).
    When he appeared in San Francisco a while back for the NOS4A2 book tour, I asked him a question.
    At the ~41 second mark:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 332 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast