Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 332 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I loved it. My favorite Hill book.
    +1

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    +1
    I enjoyed NOS4A2 also and can't wait to see the adaptation. On a strange note: I really struggled reading Heart Shaped Box, however, I decided to get it on audio book and really enjoyed it being read to me. I know, strange.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    +1
    I enjoyed NOS4A2 also and can't wait to see the adaptation. On a strange note: I really struggled reading Heart Shaped Box, however, I decided to get it on audio book and really enjoyed it being read to me. I know, strange.

Mulleins
    Stephen Lang is an excellent narrator.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Picture of the two below:

Like Tim said, you have both copies, my friend. With the 1-200 being the most desirable among us Hill collectors.
    What does the deluxe version sell for these days?
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Picture of the two below:

Like Tim said, you have both copies, my friend. With the 1-200 being the most desirable among us Hill collectors.
    What does the deluxe version sell for these days?
    Camelot Books has one of the 201-500 at $375 and the rarer deluxe 1-200 at $700.

Betts is selling one of the 201 for $325. My guess on the deluxe is between $600-700.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I paid $500 for my deluxe but that was from another collector.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

True, without commissions, $500 is a fair price for the Deluxe. I would let my Deluxe go for that.

Mulleins

Country
    Country Flag

True, without commissions, $500 is a fair price for the Deluxe. I would let my Deluxe go for that.

Mulleins
    I'll never let mine go lol.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Hmm.
    Now that I look, mine is indeed the deluxe edition with blue boards, but it is a PC copy.
    What's the bump for that, 10% less or is this edition in enough demand that it won't really subtract anything?

I've been thinking of selling the few Joe Hill books that I have.
    Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly I only have #396 of HSB...although it does have a full page Chong Remarque that looks like the limitation page/cover on page right after limitation...so not gonna sell mine either
    And another Chong Remarque in my Horns under #200
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Selling Lettered set of 5 Books from Subterranean Press:
    NOS4A2 plus 4 Books from Locke and Key - all matching letter. If there is interest please PM directly.
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

“You Are Released” from FLIGHT OR FRIGHT was just nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in Long Fiction. The story will also appear in The Best Horror of the Year Volume Eleven.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heads up - Camelot books is having a Flash Sale for the next couple of hours and it includes a matching numbered set of Locke & Key for $750 (down from $1250)

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/flash-salejpseta

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not much Joe activity recently so I thought I would share that I'll be seeing him next Friday at Exeter Lit Fest. They having things happening all weekend but Friday evening is a costume ball/ Q&A/ signing that he'll be attending. My friend, who is very crafty, made masks to look like the kids in Wraith and Christmasland t shirts so we'll be going as them! Should be a good time. I'll let you know how it goes!

P.S. I recently sold my Pop Art chapbook, The Saved chapbook, A Fireman excerpt chapbook, and Thumbprint chapbook on ebay as a lot. Grand total $154.00

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Not much Joe activity recently so I thought I would share that I'll be seeing him next Friday at Exeter Lit Fest. They having things happening all weekend but Friday evening is a costume ball/ Q&A/ signing that he'll be attending. My friend, who is very crafty, made masks to look like the kids in Wraith and Christmasland t shirts so we'll be going as them! Should be a good time. I'll let you know how it goes!

P.S. I recently sold my Pop Art chapbook, The Saved chapbook, A Fireman excerpt chapbook, and Thumbprint chapbook on ebay as a lot. Grand total $154.00
    Sounds fun, Lori! Don't forget to tell him about his required Midwest stop the next time he's on the road

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Neat! That should be fun.
    Yea bummer not so much Joe stuff. The Throttle story list hasn't been released yet correct? I was wondering if the story in the Weight of Words book will be in it. I heard that's a good one.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Enjoy Lori! I think the person that got hold of the lot got an awesome deal!!
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Neat! That should be fun.
    Yea bummer not so much Joe stuff. The Throttle story list hasn't been released yet correct? I was wondering if the story in the Weight of Words book will be in it. I heard that's a good one.
    There’s enough going on for Joe Hill collectors...just think of the At Home in the Dark collection which includes the new short Faun or the movie tie-in editions of NOS4A2
    As for the TOC of Full Throttle, 7 of the 13 shorts included are known, head on over to http://www.joehillbibliography.com to find out which ones

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, Marco. Picked up the PB of At Home in the Dark. The ISBN matches the one on your site but there isn't any reference in the book as to if it's a first printing. No number line or number to be found.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I've bought several of Lawrence Block's independently published paperbacks and they typically don't have number lines or other indication of printing on the TOC

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the 1st 3 books of Locke and Key letter Z. Im looking for letter Z book 4 or to sell my 1st three letter Z books. No point in a partial set. Sub press did not reach out to me before selling my number from under me. I have checked and rechecked.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Simon

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I've bought several of Lawrence Block's independently published paperbacks and they typically don't have number lines or other indication of printing on the TOC
    Gotcha.

Country
    Country Flag

It’s a strange one indeed. I ordered my copy a couple of months ago on amazon.de and was quite surprised when I received it a couple of weeks ago. I knew there’d be a paperback edition of this collection as I was informed about this by the editor, but it wouldn’t be available until after the release of Subterranean’s limited.
    It looks as if this paperback is printed on demand, using content and cover material from the editor. My copy states “printed in Poland on fulfillment by Amazon” on the last page, but no printing information, copyright information, ISBN or published price.

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the back cover and back page of my copy, Marco. I received mine from Amazon (US) as that's the only place I could find selling it. It's dated like it would be overseas, not in the US. Mr. Block maybe the one to reach out to in regards as to how to identify a true 1st of this title.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

LB addressed the issue of why it was produced ahead of the sold-out HC in a recent email newsletter. (And for anyone looking to contact him, lawbloc@gmail.com is the published address that has worked for me in the past.)

Basically, selling the ebook and paperback early because of Amazon:

Spoiler:
    Here's where it gets complicated. Amazon has never stopped offering the hardcover for sale. They've even been dropping the price of late, and the last I looked they had this $50 book on pre-order for the low low price of $33.06.

That's quite a bargain. What's the catch?

The catch? They don't have any books. I'm sure it's an honest mistake on their part, and that they figure they'll get their order in before the end of April and will thus be able to fill whatever orders they get. That usually works fine, but not with limited erditions that the publisher is enjoined from reprinting. Now it's possible Amazon may be able to round up some copies from distributors, but even that's by no means a sure thing, and I can't believe they'll haul in enough copies that way to fill all the orders they've been getting.

So if I ordered a hardcover of AHITD from them—

You may get it. But there's an awfully good chance that you won't.

That doesn't seem right.

No kidding. Bill Schafer at Subterranean finds the whole prospect very dismaying, and gave me the go-ahead to start selling the ebook and paperback editions right away, rather than hold back until the end of April.

You're saying they're available right now? The AHITD ebook and the paperback?

The ebook's been available for pre-order for a while. What we've been able to do now is move up the release date from April 30 to March 19. If you already pre-ordered it, you don't have to do a thing; it'll be delivered to you on Tuesday, March 19. If you held off out of a reluctance to place an order ages ahead of time, you can order now—and get your ebook on Tuesday.

And the paperback?

Amazon doesn't do pre-orders for POD paperbacks. So it's live right now. All you have to do is order it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 290 of 332 FirstFirst ... 190 240 280 288 289 290 291 292 300 ... LastLast