Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 332 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Still no "twentieth century..." in french...
    When that happens, let me know, I would like to get a copy.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On his site, Joe addressed concerns from fans in areas that his book tour won't reach.

...there probably will be a Canada swing before I’m finished traveling for HORNS and I’ll be in Texas in 2011 as a Guest of Honor for the World Horror Convention. With a little luck, it won’t be three years between HORNS and the next book, so a visit to both the South and the Midwest are likely in the near future.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We have 4 dates within 8 hours and I don't think we can make one.

Middle of the week, and work is getting in the way.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, geez, Bill. You need get your priorities straight.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I started Horns last night -- it has a very jaunty, saucy tone. I look forward to seeing where he goes with this.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

You are gonna like it Bev!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

OMG a NYC date!!!!!!! and that one is close to my house!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How do you think I feel? I work in-house for his damned publisher and can't get to any of his signing tours.

I did have to go to NYC yesterday for a business meeting and was fortunate enough to meet his editor. Nice lady she is.

I didn't realize it but she is also the editor for:

Terry Pratchet
    Neil Gaiman
    Neal Stephenson
    Issac Asimov (RIP)
    Christopher Moore (If you never read any of his books, you should)
    Al Sarrantonio
    Ray Bradbury
    Ben Bova
    Dan Simmons
    Raymond Feist
    and a whole lot more.

Her office was like a shrine
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm liking the "midwest" comment - would love it if he came somewhere close to here!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    How do you think I feel? I work in-house for his damned publisher and can't get to any of his signing tours.

I did have to go to NYC yesterday for a business meeting and was fortunate enough to meet his editor. Nice lady she is.

Terry Pratchet
    Neil Gaiman
    Neal Stephenson
    Issac Asimov (RIP)
    Al Sarrantonio
    Ray Bradbury
    Ben Bova
    Dan Simmons
    Raymond Feist
    and a whole lot more.

She sounds like Peter Schneider's wife
    Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Terry Pratchet
    Neil Gaiman
    Neal Stephenson
    Issac Asimov (RIP)
    Al Sarrantonio
    Ray Bradbury
    Ben Bova
    Dan Simmons
    Raymond Feist
    and a whole lot more.

She sounds busy!!! You get anything you want to share??? A pair of glowing horns? A keychain? A bookmark? A toothpick?? ANYTHING?!?!?!?!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    She sounds like Peter Schneider's wife
    I don't know who that is
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He worked for Doubleday and was editor and Marketing Director for King's S/L The Stand.
    He most recently was Editor (Owner?) at the now defunct Hill House publishing.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's quite an impressive list of authors!

And now for those who cannot make it to any stops on Joe Hill's book tour, there is this from Joe's site:

You can call River Run Books and order a signed, doodled copy of HORNS before the book is out. You’ll have to pay for shipping. I’m willing to sign and personalize two books, and flat sign up to three others, per household; one of the personalized books has to be HORNS, though. Many of the other booksellers I’m visiting on the tour will also ship a signed book and will accept a credit card over the phone (Water Street Books, for example). Just call them and ask. And here are links to River Run and Water Street for their contact info.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks alot Patrick!! Seeing as I can't go to the opposite side of the country for a signing, this is perfect!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Signed Page is offering a pre-sale of signed copies of Horns for the retail price ($29.99), plus s/h:

http://www.signedpage.com/authors/hill-horns.html

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

BTW, why is he using the Joe Hill nickname? I mean... Hill ?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

His second name is Hillstrom
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that makes sense now!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I think the family has always used the shorter "Hill", though (e.g. The Shining Dedication: "This is for Joe Hill King, who shines on", published when Joe was a mere 5 years old). The moment I saw the Subterranean Press soliciation for an original novella from unknown writer named Joe Hill (Voluntary Committal) all those years ago- I immediately had my strong suspicions. As soon as I saw the author photo on the 20th Century Ghosts dj- it was all but confirmed.

Regardless of who his dad is- the guy is a stunning writer.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey Guys - Just got an email from VJ Books... they have Horns available for pre-order for about $30.00 signed.

Description : 2010 NY: HarperCollins First edition, first printing, mint, new/unread in a flawless dustjacket, signed by the author.

Joe Hill at VJ Books
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    I think the family has always used the shorter "Hill", though (e.g. The Shining Dedication: "This is for Joe Hill King, who shines on", published when Joe was a mere 5 years old). The moment I saw the Subterranean Press soliciation for an original novella from unknown writer named Joe Hill (Voluntary Committal) all those years ago- I immediately had my strong suspicions. As soon as I saw the author photo on the 20th Century Ghosts dj- it was all but confirmed.

Regardless of who his dad is- the guy is a stunning writer.
    I think the 'family' called Joe "Joe", Naomi, "Naomi", and Owen "Owen.
    Stephen King himself is called "Steve" amongst friends (I presume the 3 children call(ed) him some version of "Dad"
    Wikipedia links
    Joe Hill
    Stephen King

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey Guys - Just got an email from VJ Books... they have Horns available for pre-order for about $30.00 signed.

Description : 2010 NY: HarperCollins First edition, first printing, mint, new/unread in a flawless dustjacket, signed by the author.

Joe Hill at VJ Books
    Thanks for the link Pam.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey that link states Joe Hill was in Creepshow along with his dad.

I'm going to have to watch that again and see Joe when little. lol
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

yep he is the kid before the sketches

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 332 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast