Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 332 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I would love to get this in the 1/200 state like I have for the other Joe Hill books from PS but I can't believe the jump in price 330.00 for 1/200, if I recall correctly the earlier books were around 75.00 for the 1/200 state, this is ridiculous
    But why should the eBay'ers make all the profit? I don't like the opening price either, but I don't fault PS for recognizing that they are way under market for a Joe Hill limited release of only 200 books.
    I don't think you will see much profit selling on ebay for this book at this price. The latest Locke & Key S/L to sell on ebay went for 191.00, it cost 265.00 w/shipping.

It's a shame but I won't pay lettered prices for a 1/200 book.
    I don't consider those two items a fair comparison (HORNS vs. L&K). First, I put more stock in a novel collectible than a comic book collectible. But that aside: I already have all the comic books, and as much as I love them, I am not willing to pay $265 for a hardcover collection of only a few of them - despite the signatures. There are still multiple S/L volumes to be released of this story, so the all-in cost of the complete story (in S/L format) is going to be pretty significant.

HORNS, on the other hand, is a complete novel. Pay once and you get the whole thing. $330 may be a bit high in today's market, but I don't think it's completely unreasonable given the author's popularity, the limitation figure (200 vs. 500 or 1500, etc.), and the fact that it is a novel, not a comic book.
    Last edited by Patrick; 09-04-2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: clarity

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

If I had the money, I would buy it. But, alas, I don't....ce la vie
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would love to get this in the 1/200 state like I have for the other Joe Hill books from PS but I can't believe the jump in price 330.00 for 1/200, if I recall correctly the earlier books were around 75.00 for the 1/200 state, this is ridiculous
    But why should the eBay'ers make all the profit? I don't like the opening price either, but I don't fault PS for recognizing that they are way under market for a Joe Hill limited release of only 200 books.
    I agree 100 percent with that - just because I'm not buying a copy doesn't mean that's not the market price. I think there's def. 200 people who will pay $330, and yes, PS Publishing should see that profit, not speculators.

But...the problem is you price out the new collectors (or even would-be on-going collectors) and pretty soon, you don't have that market anymore. I think they are trying to make Joe Hill a collector's brand name, before he's got the track record to back it up...so I don't think it's a wise investment at that $330 price.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

If the book is like The Colorado Kid traycased edition I have no problem paying that much money as that book was very nice and bound in real leather, but if it is like the Artist Editions of The Colorado Kid with a standard cloth bound book with glue binding and a dust jacket with a traycase, then it will be a rip-off.
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    If the book is like The Colorado Kid traycased edition I have no problem paying that much money as that book was very nice and bound in real leather, but if it is like the Artist Editions of The Colorado Kid with a standard cloth bound book with glue binding and a dust jacket with a traycase, then it will be a rip-off.
    Agreed. Until proven otherwise, my assumption is that PS will present an edition worthy of a higher price.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

sorry - its labor day weekend and I must be slow.

he said 1 copy pp, right? Does that mean buying 1 slip and 1 tray is not an option? Or does that not count...?

Just want to be sure

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

he said 1 copy pp, right? Does that mean buying 1 slip and 1 tray is not an option? Or does that not count...?

Just want to be sure
    <------------Asked for a clarification from PS Publishing. Answer to come.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Just want to be sure
    Ahh thank you Randall - i guess i could have done the same. I just caught up to this topic late and wasn't sure. Thanks for that, buddy

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Can anyone give me an idea of good price for the UK S/L heart shaped box with Slip?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they're still going for about the issue price, about US$100. I've got one still in the shrinkwrap.

John

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

hmmm nice thank you JOHN...is the book flatsigned or book plate?
    How many were printed? It appears as though I'm seeing two different versions?

PS since I have you here and you are the Proof man...any idea about Chrichton proof values?
    Jurrasic Park and Prey? Thanks

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just want to be sure
    Ahh thank you Randall - i guess i could have done the same. I just caught up to this topic late and wasn't sure. Thanks for that, buddy

Per PS Publishing:

Hi Jerome

It's either or. We're trying to make it fair for all of Joe's fans. There's only 500 copies total so we wanted to make sure people had a good chance of getting one or the other of them.

Best wishes

Pete Crowther

Just want to be sure

Per PS Publishing:

Hi Jerome

It's either or. We're trying to make it fair for all of Joe's fans. There's only 500 copies total so we wanted to make sure people had a good chance of getting one or the other of them.

Best wishes

Pete Crowther
    F*ck. Okay - traycase edition it is...

Just got an email from Camelot Books. Apparently we can order through them as well.

I really don't want to be the scammer here, but I am thinking of ordering a slipcased edition through them and a tray-cased edition through PS. I don't feel entirely guilty because I'm not re-selling...so...

For those who were interested in both, this might be an option...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the same email, Dolan, but I hadn't thought of that option.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

bad collector!!! he he
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    bad collector!!! he he
    LOL! I thought, "I hope someone doesn't report me!"

You guys know I don't sell my Joe Hill stuff... so this is just s little secret detour

Default UK s/l heart shaped box

So is this flatsigned or bookplate? anyone know?
    I'm seeing two different ones i think...

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think they're still going for about the issue price, about US$100. I've got one still in the shrinkwrap.

John

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The UK S/L HSB is flatsigned, 1300 copies.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Flatsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    So is this flatsigned or bookplate? anyone know?
    I'm seeing two different ones i think...

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John

thanks to both of you!!
    seems rather cheap for a s/l?
    is it decent ???

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like mine quite a bit.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I like mine quite a bit.
    Ditto...

Ok i get it now...there's a UK S/L
    and a Centepede S/L yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    Ok i get it now...there's a UK S/L
    and a Centepede S/L yes?
    No. Subterranean for the US edition.

Here are 2 photos of the UK edition. The endpapers are quite cool as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 332 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast