+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 332 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

News on the SubPress website about the S/L of Locke & Key, plus info on the second arc:

Joe Hill — HEAD GAMES is Coming to Subterranean

We’re mighty pleased to announce that we’ve just finished negotiating the rights to Locke & Key: Head Games, the second graphic novel in Joe Hill’s seriously horrific (and good) comic book series.

We’ll have more details down the line, but you can expect a very limited edition (276 copies) published roughly nine months ahead of a 1000 copy trade edition the same way we’re handling Welcome to Lovecraft, the first miniseries in Locke & Key.

Speaking of Welcome to Lovecraft, the books have long been done. We’re waiting now on the slipcases, which are expected to land in our offices in the next 3-4 weeks. The trade edition has already been printed as well, and we’ll have it up for preorder soon.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Sub Press has the new anthology The New Dead, with a new Joe Hill Story (Twittering from the Circus of the Dead), on sale now. It's expensive, but it's $25 off.

btw, it's a pretty good lineup of authors.

*sigh, I miss the days of a $40 Limited Edition*
    Geoff

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I love that authors give their stories to people who sell books for more money that the average "Joe" can afford! UGH! Guess I will never read it!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For those interested, here's the link:

The New Dead

I agree--it's pretty expensive. Maybe Hill's story will be included in a future collection of his works.

John

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

There will be a trade edition of The New Dead from St. Martins. Might even be out before the subpress limited. The book was contracted by St. Martins- subpress just jumped at the chance to do a micro-limited of it. I can't afford $100 for the limited either, but we'll all get to read it either way. Sounds like a great book!

Ron

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    There will be a trade edition of The New Dead from St. Martins. Might even be out before the subpress limited. The book was contracted by St. Martins- subpress just jumped at the chance to do a micro-limited of it. I can't afford $100 for the limited either, but we'll all get to read it either way. Sounds like a great book!

Ron
    Yep, there's a trade paperback being released too.
    Geoff

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    For those interested, here's the link:

The New Dead

I agree--it's pretty expensive. Maybe Hill's story will be included in a future collection of his works.

John
    Ugh... I just placed my order - though $100 for a short story (I only want Joe's is a bit steep. Whatever. I want it.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

On another note - I just received my "Locke & Key" limited.

Great design. Not too impressed with the dustjacket art (very Heart Shaped Box) and not something I would really collect if Joe didnt sign it.

Either way - had to have it and glad I do!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. I thought the presentation for a hardbound book that not only had the entire first arc, as well as the original "script" from Joe Hill was awesome.
    I also noted (and should have mentioned earlier) that the book "smelled good". It really smells like a new book-hard to quantify, but it made my day.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the $100 Sub. Press S/L. I want it.

However I passed on the more expensive comic book hardback.

Go figure.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

congrats Kenny!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Thanks!

Jerome, I like the idea... and its interesting to think if Joe gave the artist the text (on the normal pages) and then went to drawing the actual comic on the color pages. Its an interesting process.

That said, I am not really a comic fan and I find it hard to read Joe's comic (I just don't have the imagination for it)...

I will agree with you on the smell!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't received my Locke & Key limited, yet.

on another note, The New Dead by Sub Press sold out in it's first week.
    Geoff

Joe Hill Lettered Thumbprint

Mmmkay boys - its on like Donkey Kong. I want this one, BAD.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Joe Hill Lettered Thumbprint

Mmmkay boys - its on like Donkey Kong. I want this one, BAD.
    Yea, that is a very nice book, and very tempting.

The sad thing for this story is, I forgot what it was about a day later. I usually write up a review for myself, as a reference and I couldn't remember how it ended. I keep on telling myself I'll read it again, and write my thoughts down immediately after reading, but I have never done so. To me the story was very forgettable. *shrug*
    Geoff

My Mood
    Lurking

Go Kenny!!!! Go Kenny!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck with the auction Kenny.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Well - of course there is a dilemma.

This guy is also selling a lettered Voluntary Committal which is the other one I am missing. I don't see many lettered VC around... but I cant afford both.

Should be interesting if I am going to basically print money for this guy and buy both - or pick the one I want..

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for broke! Buy 'em both!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

John F. Kennedy Roomtemp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Dolan,

Hope we don't get in a bid off for the Voluntary Commital. It's one of the few I dont have also.

Cheers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck to both of you.
    I myself just can't get excited about a lettered chapbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Roomtemp View Post
    Hi Dolan,

Hope we don't get in a bid off for the Voluntary Commital. It's one of the few I dont have also.

Cheers
    Yikes! That's the one I am thinking of going after as it's the first time I have seen it in a while... Well - may the best bid win

Quote Originally Posted by Roomtemp View Post
    Hi Dolan,

Cheers
    Well my bid was $5 too low. Sad about it but I had that feeling of - Good for whoever won it... I think that $325 is a bit much for it. But I thought my bid of $320 was a bit over as well... but that's the name of the game!

Well I am fucking furious... AT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i bid $450 on the lettered Thumbprint. I also had a bid-snipe set at $620 which was as high as I was going to go.

Well I also had a snipe set for the VC chap book which went through at $320 but i lost it at $325. Fine. I deleted that snipe since it went through and I didn't win.

So I hit refresh with 1 second left of Thumbprint and it says "Outbid at $455!" And I am like... WHAT THE FUCK?!!?

Well - I deserve a swift kick in my ass because I deleted the Thumbprint snipe. Not the VC snipe. So I deleted the active snipe not the inactive one.

And I was willing to pay $200 more than the higher bigger.

Talk about FURIOUS with myself. DAMNIT.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolan,
    Looks like I got a bit lucky! I had a snipe in also on the Thumbprint......
    I wanted the VC also but you outbid me on that one.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 332 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast