Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 332 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

- The SubPress edition has illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez; are these illustrations also in the IDW edition? No/ it's different artist.

- The SubPress edition includes Wraith. Is this the prose story that the IDW prequel comic is based on? Yes and it's exclusive to SubPress

- Which of the two editions would you recommend? SubPress. also because the wraith is in prose and just beautiful edition overall.

the wraith graphic novel that is in the IDW limited is also available as a trade edition.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for your input. I picked up a copy of the IDW edition today, along with the PS edition of The Fireman and the Candy Cane key.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Selling a PC copy of Looking Glass, the first book in the Cemetery Dance Signature Series, featuring (and signed by) Joe Hill and a bunch of other people.

Fine in Fine brodart-covered dustjacket.

Last eBay sales were $85 (a BIN that sold immediately), $125, and $150. Currently one listed at $200.

$100 PayPal F&F, shipping is free in the lower 48 and at cost everywhere else.

(Cross-posted in the Other Collectible Authors thread)

SOLD

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GameStop has an exclusive cover for the Marvel #1000 comic that I'm going to try and pick up today. If you're interested and can't get to GameStop or don't have one near you, let me know and I'll try and pick one up for ya. The cost is $9.99 and they are already up on eBay at hugely inflated prices.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    GameStop has an exclusive cover for the Marvel #1000 comic that I'm going to try and pick up today. If you're interested and can't get to GameStop or don't have one near you, let me know and I'll try and pick one up for ya. The cost is $9.99 and they are already up on eBay at hugely inflated prices.
    I’d be interested in one if you managed to pick up an extra. Cheers!
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    I’d be interested in one if you managed to pick up an extra. Cheers!
    Will do, Marco!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Selling a PC copy of Looking Glass, the first book in the Cemetery Dance Signature Series, featuring (and signed by) Joe Hill and a bunch of other people.

Fine in Fine brodart-covered dustjacket.

Last eBay sales were $85 (a BIN that sold immediately), $125, and $150. Currently one listed at $200.

$100 PayPal F&F, shipping is free in the lower 48 and at cost everywhere else.

(Cross-posted in the Other Collectible Authors thread)
    SOLD$85, then to eBay in a few days if no bites

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    No idea on the reference but do have to say don't judge Joe on that book. It's by far his worst so if you like it, it only goes up from there and if you don't then give Horns a try before you give up on him
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think it's a cool concept but I was told to not start with The Fireman because no one seemed to like it. I'm reading HORNS now and loving it.
    Completely agree with Josh here. If you never read The Fireman, you'd be none the worse for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Compared to all of his other writing, the comics, novels, novellas, short stories and even his forwards/introductions, The Fireman is shockingly bad, like from a different author.
    I just finished this book last night. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't like it that much.

It wasn't even like it was a really bad story or bad writing. It just drug on FOR-EV-ER!

This book probably could've been and should've been about half the length that it was.

Luckily this wasn't my first Joe Hill book. I've read most of his other stuff and enjoyed it. But this one he seems to channel his dad with a case of "diarrhea of the word processor".
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chiming in to agree that of his novels it's likely my least favourite. I didn't hate it, but I found I struggled to want to finish it out. I set it down more than once and wasn't compelled by the climax. I'm looking forward to Full Throttle though, I enjoyed Strange Weather.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

For sale:

NOS4A2 – Joe Hill (#991/999, signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III)
    Fine book in a fine slipcase, includes the graphic novel Wraith
    $180

Key to the Candy Cane Gates (Skelton Crew Studio)
    #84/400, the attached card is signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III.
    $125

Both for $285 with free shipping! PM me if interested. Thanks for looking!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Full Throttle presigned edition

Only a couple nights sleep until Full Throttle's released! Looking for a copy of the regular presigned edition (the one with the same ISBN as the hardcover 9780062200679 but with a tipped in signature sheet).

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if Joe Hill has a UK book signing planned in the near future?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    There's no formal book signing planned for the UK unfortunately

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Only a couple nights sleep until Full Throttle's released! Looking for a copy of the regular presigned edition (the one with the same ISBN as the hardcover 9780062200679 but with a tipped in signature sheet).
    I will be at his Powell's appearance tomorrow. I can pick up an extra copy if they have these.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I will be at his Powell's appearance tomorrow. I can pick up an extra copy if they have these.
    That’d be great! Thanks for trying to help out! This was the only one I haven’t been able to preorder, got the B&N, BAM presigned editions, an inscribed copy from Water Street books, paperbacks and all various UK editions on order. Cheers!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

That’d be great! Thanks for trying to help out! This was the only one I haven’t been able to preorder, got the B&N, BAM presigned editions, an inscribed copy from Water Street books, paperbacks and all various UK editions on order. Cheers!
    No Problem. I expect Powell's to have that version. I will let you know after I get there and confirm they have them.

Well I suspect I may not be able to get you a copy tonight. I am at Powell’s and there no copies to be found. I asked and they are going bring out books for him to sign at the end of his appearance. I am guessing the copies with the tipped in sheets may not make it out until tomorrow.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New Joe Hill...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

No luck with tipped in sheets tonight. I asked one person if they would have some tomorrow and he had no idea. I will try to swing by later in the week, but that will be schedule dependent. I will keep an eye hear in case you are able to secure one before that.

Country
    Country Flag

No luck with tipped in sheets tonight. I asked one person if they would have some tomorrow and he had no idea. I will try to swing by later in the week, but that will be schedule dependent. I will keep an eye hear in case you are able to secure one before that.
    I'll check for you on Wednesday as well, Marco.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I suspect I may not be able to get you a copy tonight. I am at Powell’s and there no copies to be found. I asked and they are going bring out books for him to sign at the end of his appearance. I am guessing the copies with the tipped in sheets may not make it out until tomorrow.
    Alas...thanks for trying to help out, much appreciated !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    There's no formal book signing planned for the UK unfortunately
    I visited Joe’s UK publisher yesterday and asked about any UK signings. None are planned for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    For sale:

NOS4A2 – Joe Hill (#991/999, signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III)
    Fine book in a fine slipcase, includes the graphic novel Wraith

Key to the Candy Cane Gates (Skelton Crew Studio)
    #84/400, the attached card is signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III.

Both for $285 with free shipping! PM me if interested. Thanks for looking!
    Dropped to $260!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who will be tomorrow in Denver for the event?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Who will be tomorrow in Denver for the event?
    Me!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 332 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 ... LastLast