Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 332 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in for one.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Kinda spendy for a mug, but I don't think I'm going to be able to resist. NOS4A2 was my favorite read of 2013, and I haven't read many books since then that have been as good or as memorable.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gotta love Charles Paul Wilson III's art on that mug!!!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon has NOS4A2 Kindle Edition for $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/NOS4A2-Joe-Hil...dp/B009NF6Z2K/

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Today's signing was a lot of fun. Joe was there for the last panel (We Get the Horror We Deserve) and really kinda stole the show. Before he started signing he camped it up for a couple of photos, posing with a hammer and a sick grin. Of course, i didn't get the camera out in time! I was able to talk to him for about four minutes while he signed my Horns and Nos4a2. He did remember my wife taking him to day camp in 1978!
    Also got some signed Paul Tremblay, Christopher Golden and Glenn Chadbourne (The Dark Man).
    May post some pics tomorow, to late tonight.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Today's signing was a lot of fun. Joe was there for the last panel (We Get the Horror We Deserve) and really kinda stole the show. Before he started signing he camped it up for a couple of photos, posing with a hammer and a sick grin. Of course, i didn't get the camera out in time! I was able to talk to him for about four minutes while he signed my Horns and Nos4a2. He did remember my wife taking him to day camp in 1978!
    Also got some signed Paul Tremblay, Christopher Golden and Glenn Chadbourne (The Dark Man).
    Awesome, I've never made it to a Joe Hill appearance, but he always personalized the books I sent him or when he made bookstore appearances up north! I keep hoping he'll come to Florida for a signing or something!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The Locke and Key audio came out today!
    Anyone know how to download it without downloading audible's download manager software...you know because that needs to be a thing.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just stream it online.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I got to meet Joe Hill too and get some stuff signed. (Pics are in my thread if anyone's interested)

One thing that annoyed me was Glenn Chadbourne left I'm going to guess around forty minutes early. He was supposed to stay from 1 to 5 and I showed up before 4:30 and he had already left and taken his stuff with him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    The Locke and Key audio came out today!
    Anyone know how to download it without downloading audible's download manager software...you know because that needs to be a thing.
    Let me know if you figure it out. I'm having a hell of a time to download it any way. I have Windows 10 and can't get the audible app to download or the software to download and install. I hate audible. If it wasn't free I would have got a refund already.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I loaded the App on Windows 10 and an I Phone with no issues.

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I use the Audible app on my phone. It's pretty easy with Android.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I hate audible. If it wasn't free I would have got a refund already.
    I'm with you dude.
    I got it to work on my mac I didn't have to install anything, I double clicked on the downloaded file and it opened a dialogue box in my itunes asking me for my audible ID which I didn't have. I kept putting in my amazon password bc that's how I got into the "library" section in audible. Nothing worked but when I opened my email amazon had sent me a password that only worked for only 30 minutes(wtf?!!!) then I double clicked the file again and I pasted that password in the box that came up and it worked.
    Hope that is helpful.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's something wrong with my computer. I can't load any apps from the Windows App Store. I tried from another computer and it worked. I will start listening today.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's very good! I finished book one yesterday. The audio version is kinda creepy with the extra sound effects but
    Spoiler:
    the echo is a little annoying.

Country
    Country Flag

Is it only the contents of the first graphic novel?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No it is the whole series ~13 hours long. I just finished the first Novel yesterday and stopped.

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I just started it. I'm doing some driving today so I have a little time.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

anybody find copies of

Best American Fantasy and Science Fiction signed by Joe Hill? He is the editor, i would think there are signed copies for sale somewhere!!!!

Please help!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just got the audible app for my phone and it downloaded fine. I used my amazon name and password and it logged me right onto audible.

For those that have started listening to it does it say which book it's on? Or am I just going to have to stop it when I get to something unfamiliar. I need to finish reading the last few books.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    anybody find copies of

Best American Fantasy and Science Fiction signed by Joe Hill? He is the editor, i would think there are signed copies for sale somewhere!!!!

Please help!
    With the book just released today and Joe being in the UK, I doubt there are any signed copies anywhere. As the editor, it isn't something that publishers would release as a pre-signed book for sale.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just got the audible app for my phone and it downloaded fine. I used my amazon name and password and it logged me right onto audible.

For those that have started listening to it does it say which book it's on? Or am I just going to have to stop it when I get to something unfamiliar. I need to finish reading the last few books.
    There are chapters listed that sound like they follow the individual comics, so six chapters is one graphic novel. I can't confirm until i get home and compare to my hard backs. I'm on chapter six now. Not a spoiler, but I did recognize Stephen King's voice as one of the characters.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I haven't compared but I believe the chapters match the comics. I enjoyed Mr. King's appearance but it was too short.

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished chapter six. The next chapters opens with an announcement of Book Two Head Games.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried it on my Windows computer and it wanted to install a program. That installed okay but then wanted a password.

I'll try it on my android phone or tablet since others have said it's easy on those.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 332 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 275 ... LastLast