Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 332 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    My wife works at Costco. They have 30 1st editions on hand. $12.49 + $1.06 sales tax = $13.55 per book
    Would she be able to pick one up for me?
    Also, likely every Costco in the USA received 24-36 copies. The only way to know if they are 1st editions is to go and see.
    Is there a Costco near you?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife works at Costco. They have 30 1st editions on hand. $12.49 + $1.06 sales tax = $13.55 per book
    Right now I am contemplating buying several copies.
    The honest answer is that it's a labor of love to buy and ship stuff like this to members-anyone at cost.
    Just a decent shipping box and bubble wrap cost ~$2 per book.
    Not to mention some members (not you) are a PITA when it comes to asking and then promptly paying....

I'll get back to you.
    Thanks, RF. I am going to look around this weekend at my local B&N and Sam's Club (no Costco), so I might track one down for me and possibly some for others as well.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right now I am contemplating buying several copies.
    The honest answer is that it's a labor of love to buy and ship stuff like this to members-anyone at cost.
    Just a decent shipping box and bubble wrap cost ~$2 per book.
    Not to mention some members (not you) are a PITA when it comes to asking and then promptly paying....

I'll get back to you.
    Thanks, RF. I am going to look around this weekend at my local B&N and Sam's Club (no Costco), so I might track one down for me and possibly some for others as well.
    Costco seems like a better deal - I had called ahead to the bookstore hosting Joe when I visit him - asked if they had 1st/1st HC - which they did and I just put one on hold - for the signing. That was copperfields in Petaluma, CA - if you are really desperate

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Chad, but Jerome has me covered.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Found this one at the Tattered Cover here in Denver. They had 8 or so and I looked at every one and this was the only one with a re-marque. I wonder if they put 1 re-marque per box?

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok,
    so the kick off signing/reading last night was great. Water st bookstore did an amazing job of setting up a Christmas land like setting, too. Lots of cookies and creepy balloons and some streamers to boot. Here are some pics. sorry they are from my cell phone.
    Got a ton of goodies signed and doodled and got some incite on some future project. One I personally wanted to know about and asked him about sequels to gunpowder which he said he still planned on doing and said the title of the next one will be "slave girls of gunpowder" sounds fun
    Tabitha and Joes kids were there too. family there to see him off on his world tour

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Want to buy a NOS4A2 uk proof if anyone has one.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post

Found this one at the Tattered Cover here in Denver. They had 8 or so and I looked at every one and this was the only one with a re-marque. I wonder if they put 1 re-marque per box?
    That is very cool - nice grab

Country
    Country Flag

Simon - looks like a great night - cannot wait to meet him in a couple weeks

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I wonder how many of those are out there...
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Ok,
    so the kick off signing/reading last night was great. Water st bookstore did an amazing job of setting up a Christmas land like setting, too. Lots of cookies and creepy balloons and some streamers to boot. Here are some pics. sorry they are from my cell phone.
    Got a ton of goodies signed and doodled and got some incite on some future project. One I personally wanted to know about and asked him about sequels to gunpowder which he said he still planned on doing and said the title of the next one will be "slave girls of gunpowder" sounds fun
    Tabitha and Joes kids were there too. family there to see him off on his world tour
    Looks like it was a great time. Can't wait to get my copy!

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to his stop in Iowa City next week, since it's only a couple hours away from here. That is what I wanted to ask him as well...when he was going to continue the gunpowder series. Did you ask him to doodle some things for you and he was ok with it? This will be my first time going to any of these, so I am really looking forward to it...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    I am going to his stop in Iowa City next week, since it's only a couple hours away from here. That is what I wanted to ask him as well...when he was going to continue the gunpowder series. Did you ask him to doodle some things for you and he was ok with it? This will be my first time going to any of these, so I am really looking forward to it...
    Ya,
    if you only have a few books im sure he would do a doodle in one if you asked. He did tons of them last night.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

That is very cool - nice grab
    Thanks! I really thought it was cool. I am hoping to get to meet him when he comes to town next week. This will be my first book signing.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

That is very nice............congrats...
    I requested the two copies I ordered from Water Street to have doodles, and be dated...
    I'll find out soon as they shipped monday............

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pictures of the event. Thanks for sharing.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff guys!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ok,
    Looks like fun! I wanted to go but it's a bit of a drive for me, so I opted for the Boston one this friday since I'll be out that way anyways for a concert the following night. Can't wait! Looks like a lot of people went, was it pretty packed? I saw him a few years ago when he was touring for Horns. He came right next to where I live, but it was on the night of a decent snowstorm, so there weren't too many people there.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I may see you there.
    Its only an hour drive for me so its hard to pass up.
    anyone else going to the Boston signing???

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is he signing with? Is it a sharpie or...? I haven't been to a signing of his since Horns and I'm wondering if he can sign the glossy pages of Road Rage and The Cape. I'll be at the Portland ME signing. Trying to talk the wife into riding the motorcycle down but it'd be a three hour ride.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Looks like fun! I wanted to go but it's a bit of a drive for me, so I opted for the Boston one this friday since I'll be out that way anyways for a concert the following night. Can't wait!
    Jealous!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    What is he signing with? Is it a sharpie or...? I haven't been to a signing of his since Horns and I'm wondering if he can sign the glossy pages of Road Rage and The Cape. I'll be at the Portland ME signing. Trying to talk the wife into riding the motorcycle down but it'd be a three hour ride.
    He actually has a plethora of writing utensils. He switches from sharpies to fine point pen and so on. I have yet to see him use a crayon yet however

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    Take your marker/crayon of choice just in case!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I may see you there.
    Its only an hour drive for me so its hard to pass up.
    anyone else going to the Boston signing???
    Nice, where about's do you live. I'm out in western MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Looks like fun! I wanted to go but it's a bit of a drive for me, so I opted for the Boston one this friday since I'll be out that way anyways for a concert the following night. Can't wait!
    Jealous!
    Ricky, you should go! Boston's such a great city to visit.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to, believe me! But travel isn't free. Plus, I have a final tomorrow. Boo!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Joe mentioned on twitter today that they are working on a 4th printing already.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 332 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast