Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 332 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Camelot already taking pre orders for The Fireman PS limited - $100

http://camelotbooks.com/books/detail...ishing-edition
    A bit cheaper from the source, Shac at around $102 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Are the slipcased (non-lettered) copies individually numbered? It doesn't specify, only indicates limitation...anyone know?
    I'm thinking it's un-numbered Ron as there isn't any mention of it. Not an official answer of course.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lettered edition has sold out.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

904 copies of the limited edition still available .....

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The 1000-copy limitation on this one was, all things considered (e.g. a deluge of signed 1st trades in both US and UK editions, a generally tepid reader reaction, etc.), higher than I would have expected.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my copy.

Any word whether the 1000 copies are numbered?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    The 1000-copy limitation on this one was, all things considered (e.g. a deluge of signed 1st trades in both US and UK editions, a generally tepid reader reaction, etc.), higher than I would have expected.
    I think the biggest misstep PS made was waiting too long to put up the order page. I actually support that way of doing business but in this case it backfired, and in my humble opinion, I place most of the blame on Joe Hill. He simply signed too many damned books and OKd all these entry level limiteds and variants. It's absolutely ridiculous and now that the first proper signed limited is available, people already either have too many versions or aren't going to spend $100 on an underwhelming story. Too bad, artwork looks top notch and it seems like it's going to be a nice production. I just have the Joe Hill fatigue and will pass on this edition. He'll do a ________ anniversary edition anyway so no rush.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good points and understandable perspective. Personally I see this as a top-notch production for a completely reasonable price. If a publisher can afford to carry the inventory, I can see doing the limitation quantity that you get approved in your negotiations.

PS has believed in Joe since before anyone knew his lineage. So why not lock in the production with the expectation that these books will sell over time, especially as Joe continues to grow in fame and popularity.

Producing a smaller quantity is great for the secondary market, but it doesn't do much for the original publisher. So again, why bother fueling after-market sales if you can negotiate a larger limitation (e.g. 1000 vs 500) and can manage to carry the inventory a little longer.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed with everything, especially the second point. Some books simply take longer to sell. That doesn't mean they're not nicely done books.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Agreed with everything, especially the second point. Some books simply take longer to sell. That doesn't mean they're not nicely done books.
    On a purely personal selfish basis, and lacking imagination because this is what was done with prior books: I was hoping for a 500 numbered limitation with the first 200 signed by author and artist, and #301-500 signed by only Joe. With me securing one of the first 200.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm sorry but I really don't see this as a "top notch" production. CD just sold a gift edition of the shining for 3 dollars more that will be superior in every way.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I'm sorry but I really don't see this as a "top notch" production. CD just sold a gift edition of the shining for 3 dollars more that will be superior in every way.
    Apples and oranges.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Apples and oranges.
    Okay lets compare the editions to subpress Joe Hill productions. Still get blown out of the water.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Apples and oranges.
    Okay lets compare the editions to subpress Joe Hill productions. Still get blown out of the water.
    Agreed. More fair comparison.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

Grant has posted an artfolio for The Wastelands.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/produc...nds-portfolio/

My Mood
    Inspired

This has been for sale for awhile - plus this is the Joe hill thread.

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

This has been for sale for awhile - plus this is the Joe hill thread.
    Thank you hall monitor. Reason I posted was I saw your wanted SK art folio.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete mentioned in the PS Publishing thread that the slipcased copies of The Fireman will be numbered.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seen on facebook : "Joe Hill - the graphic novel collection" to be released on nov 15th
    >>> https://firewireblog.com/2016/07/28/...el-collection/

"Joe Hill: The Graphic Novel Collection ($50) includes: Kodiak (2010) with illustrations by Nat Jones, The Cape (2010) and The Cape 1969 (2011) illustrated by Zach Howard, Thumbprint (2013) illustrated by Vic Malhotra, Wraith (2014) with illustrations by Charles Paul Wilson III, plus the short stories Throttle (2009) from the Road Rage collection and By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain (2012) taken from 2016 Bram Stoker Award Winner Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury. Fans of comic books, horror, and Hill, take note."
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It's worthless without the Spider-Man story!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be grateful if members who have a copy of The Fireman UK manuscript proof check to see if their copy looks like the copy in the link below. I have just received one that looks different and it had a different promo postcard inserted in the book.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1017577

Thank you

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Up for grabs:

Pop Art (softcover) S/L by Joe Hill

Fine condition and stored in a archival protector.

If interested PM me with offers.

Bonus Item: If an offer is made and agreed upon before 12:00 AM (eastern time) Saturday 8/20 I will also throw in a US ARC of the Fireman.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Up for grabs:

Pop Art (softcover) S/L by Joe Hill

Fine condition and stored in a archival protector.

If interested PM me with offers.

Bonus Item: If an offer is made and agreed upon before 12:00 AM (eastern time) Saturday 8/20 I will also throw in a US ARC of the Fireman.
    PM sent
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From twitter :
    "The next book, STRANGE WEATHER, collects 4 short novels (a more elegant term than novella). As of tonight, I've got 2 in final draft form."
    >>> https://twitter.com/joe_hill/status/...src=email&s=11
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From twitter :
    "The next book, STRANGE WEATHER, collects 4 short novels (a more elegant term than novella). As of tonight, I've got 2 in final draft form."
    >>> https://twitter.com/joe_hill/status/...src=email&s=11
    One of the four will be in the special CD issue, coming soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 332 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 ... LastLast