Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 332 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I certainly understand living in high humidity areas and have dealt with my share of roaches (also called water bugs if they are in nicer homes). I lived for a while in Killeen, Texas. (BTW, I still can't believe King's editors, proofreaders, fact checkers, etc. let him get away with misspelling it as Kileen all the way through 11/22/63.) While there I took my copy of Straub's Ghost Story published by Hill House out of its slipcase and found a dead roach on the top page edges. I flicked it away and there was a small brown spot left behind where he died. But I think rather than protecting the book the slipcase actually promoted the damage by providing the "water bug" a dark place to go and die. So I don't think that a slipcase offers any protection from insects because surely they can crawl inside most normally fitting slipcases.

I'm not anti-slipcase by any means. I just think that selling them as protection is not a valid point.
    For me, I don't have a completely sun-free room. So if I can get a slipcase, I can put the book on shelf backwards with the spine towards the back. Gives me a little bit of fading protection. I don't buy them for all of the trade editions.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    And I no longer live in that kind of environment
    Neither do I. In Amarillo the average humidity seems to be around 15% which is not so good for our skin (it is really dry, especially in the winter) but seems perfect for books. No problems with mildew or insects very much. I have heard that over time glued bindings can dry out and crack but I've been here 25 years and have never had a problem with that.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I don't have the risk for bugs. For me, the aftermarket slipcases are used for signed 1st editions. So when I look at my bookcase and see those slipcases, I know that those books carry a little more significance.
    I think that slipcases can and usually do enhance the cosmetic appearance books on a shelf. For a long time I used those little red sticky dots to mark the signed books. Pretty cheap solution to identifying the signed vs. unsigned.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Locke and Key Vol. 6 - up for pre-order. And speaking of slipcases - if you order from things from another world - you can get a slip case to house all 6 HC volumes:

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Locke-%7...se-Ed___440372

"Want a slipcase for all 6 Locke and Key hardcovers? This is the only way to get it!

Order the final hardcover, along with a slipcase that will fit the whole collection."

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just placed my order for a slip case for NOS4A2 from Subterranean Press. WOOT!

I can't wait to see the art they choose!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Locke and Key Vol. 6 - up for pre-order. And speaking of slipcases - if you order from things from another world - you can get a slip case to house all 6 HC volumes:

"Want a slipcase for all 6 Locke and Key hardcovers? This is the only way to get it!

Order the final hardcover, along with a slipcase that will fit the whole collection."
    Looks like the same thing, but cheaper here.

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/lo...pre-order.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Looks like the same thing, but cheaper here.

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/lo...pre-order.html
    Seems like that slipcase is going to standard issue with the final book. Think I'm wrong about that and that only these places are offering it?

Anyone heard anything about Joe signing if you order through River Run like he normally does?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slipcase isn't standard issue, you can buy the HC without the slipcase also.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

From the latest PS Publishing Newsletter:

20th CENTURY GHOSTS (10th Anniversary) by Joe Hill, planned for 2014.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm... I do like 20th Century Ghosts a lot but not sure if I should shell out (presumably) a hundred bucks or so for it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I saw that, and thought, Really? A 10th Anniversary edition? Is that truly needed (or wanted)? Seems a little lot too soon to me.

I was also surprised by the long list of Anniversary editions...that appears to be a niche PS is trying to carve out for themselves, apparently.

Now, here are a few teasers for 2014
    • CARRIE (40th Anniversary) by Stephen King
    • THINNER (30th Anniversary) by Stephen King (Richard Bachman)
    • CREATED BY (20th Anniversary) by Richard Christian Matheson
    • 20th CENTURY GHOSTS (10th Anniversary) by Joe Hill
    • THE MALACIA TAPESTRY (35th Anniversary) by Brian W. Aldiss
    • ELLISON WONDERLAND (50th Anniversary)by Harlan Ellison

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like they are trying to capitalize on Joe Hill's recent success. With 20th Century Ghosts being 10 years old I am willing to bet that most casual readers or newer readers have never heard of it. I don't think it's really needed, but it is all about profit anyway.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just pre ordered my NOS4A2 Slipcase from Sub Press

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So just wondering, with these PS Publishing books, Cemetery Dance and Subterranean get copies later right?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So just wondering, with these PS Publishing books, Cemetery Dance and Subterranean get copies later right?
    They usually do I think.

Yeah, ours are taking a long time to cross the pond this time around, too. It seems to be a bit of luck when they get here fast. Not PS Publishing's fault at all, just the postal service, I guess!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I saw that, and thought, Really? A 10th Anniversary edition? Is that truly needed (or wanted)? Seems a little lot too soon to me.

I was also surprised by the long list of Anniversary editions...that appears to be a niche PS is trying to carve out for themselves, apparently.

I find these editions to be extremely annoying honestly... facsimile sigs...i'd be interested maybe if they were real limiteds

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

I find these editions to be extremely annoying honestly... facsimile sigs...i'd be interested maybe if they were real limiteds

They may be true signed/limiteds w/ actual sigs, I don't know. Actually, I kind of assumed they would be, but I have no idea one way or the other.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Ditto on that Alan
    We all float down here!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Ditto on that Alan
    Me too - can't miss out! Love the look of the book! Here's to hoping that Vinny comes up with a cool image to match.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why sell a book once when you have "collectors" that'll shell out more money for every new edition you decide to print?

Exactly why I refuse to buy comic books and instead wait for an omnibus.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Country
    Country Flag

Rodriguez is working on the art for the slipcase.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rodriguez is working on the art for the slipcase.

That is wicked.

Looks even better in color (which is apparently how it'll be foil-stamped):

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 332 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast