+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 332 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Saved - can someone give year and total on this? Is it 100 signed hardcovers?
    Year would be 2007, unknown totals, though there seem to be a lot of signed "PS File Copies" out there.

Both the signed and unsigned were hardcovers, the same except for the sig page.

The unsigned edition is still available from PS.
    I think the total number depended upon the number of subscribers to the Postscripts Mag; remember The Saved was the annual Christmas gift to subscribers - if you subscribed to the signed editions of Postscripts then you got a signed/numbered chapbook. Pete Crowther would probably be the only one who could answer that...

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    5/6 of it was released as a non signed limited...but some of it is still limited, as in a small press run and sold out.
    I think if we are matching this list to the one like the Stephen King one we did years ago - we are only doing signed editions. I remmeber that was a question with books by King (like 999).

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kacod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Saved - can someone give year and total on this? Is it 100 signed hardcovers?
    I think the total number depended upon the number of subscribers to the Postscripts Mag; remember The Saved was the annual Christmas gift to subscribers - if you subscribed to the signed editions of Postscripts then you got a signed/numbered chapbook. Pete Crowther would probably be the only one who could answer that...
    Initially that was the intent, I thought, but they came up in the PS store for separate ordering for $24 shortly thereafter.

They were sold out before I saw that (of course), but wouldn't that mean there were copies beyond what was need for subscriptions?
    I wonder also if they were numbered or stamped as file copies.

Would be nice to hear what Mr. Crowther has to say...

Also as an addition, Miss Mindy from CD responded to my inquiry, the hardcovers of Grave Tales #6 have yet to be completed.
    So I guess the 2009 release date needs to be changed to 'TBD'

Karl

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

These last weeks I've been talking with Vincent Chong, who did the illustration artwork of ‘20th Century Ghosts’, ‘Heart-Shaped Box’, ‘Locke & Key’ and ‘Gunpowder’ (talking only about Joe Hill. He did also a lot of incredible illustrations for several Stephen King books). He also did the artwork for the limited edition of his next book ‘Horns’.

If anyone's interested, he sells prints of the illustrations. Here are some samples:

Prints cost £20 + S/H. In order to avoid spam, I won't put Vincent's email here but I'll provide it by PM upon request.

And something you don't see too often:

Two remarques done for Gunpowder. He also does remarques upon request. Cost is £10 for a small remarque and £30 for a full page one (like the one of the Low man in yellow coat.

I encourage all to visit his website:

http://www.vincentchong-art.co.uk/

I'm really astonished by some of the images (and not only the King-based ones!)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Looks AMAZING - id love to get mine done!

Along the Path of the Beam DavidK44 is on a distinguished road

Some more prices for the list:

Subterranean #2 HC was $80

Voluntary Committal (250 numbered SC) was $12

Pop Art - the 150 numbered SC copy was only available as a bonus with Subterranean#6 for $80. The 52 copy lettered HC was available separately for $75.

Might want to note that 'The Land at the End of the Working Day' is by Pete Crowther, with intro by Joe - otherwise, there's going to be a bunch of people wondering what Hill book that one was....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing those, Ari, including the link. I love Chong's work.

EDIT:

I was so mesmerized by Vincent Chong's artwork, I glossed right past the subsequent posts. Thanks for the additional information, DavidK.
    Last edited by Patrick; 09-22-2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: oops

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    These last weeks I've been talking with Vincent Chong, who did the illustration artwork of ‘20th Century Ghosts’, ‘Heart-Shaped Box’, ‘Locke & Key’ and ‘Gunpowder’ (talking only about Joe Hill. He did also a lot of incredible illustrations for several Stephen King books). He also did the artwork for the limited edition of his next book ‘Horns’.

If anyone's interested, he sells prints of the illustrations. Here are some samples:

<see photos upthread>

Prints cost £20 + S/H. In order to avoid spam, I won't put Vincent's email here but I'll provide it by PM upon request.

Two remarques done for Gunpowder. He also does remarques upon request. Cost is £10 for a small remarque and £30 for a full page one (like the one of the Low man in yellow coat.

I encourage all to visit his website:

http://www.vincentchong-art.co.uk/

I'm really astonished by some of the images (and not only the King-based ones!)
    hehehe....the top remarque looks familiar

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

hehehe....the top remarque looks familiar

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I love your remarque, Ralph!

Here's mine:

John F. Kennedy Roomtemp is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think anyone has mentioned the s/l sub copy of The New Dead. Limited to 250 copies. Published late 2009 I think.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

you people are killing me with all the stuff I DON'T have!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the additional info, Roomtemp. Who is the publisher on that one?

If anyone wants to update and repost the list, I'll copy it into the first post.

Sure are plenty on that list that I don't have either, so I know how you feel.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I thought I was doin so good! I gotta stop almost running him over and get on him about Horns! LOL I wanna read it!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for the additional info, Roomtemp. Who is the publisher on that one?

If anyone wants to update and repost the list, I'll copy it into the first post.

Sure are plenty on that list that I don't have either, so I know how you feel.
    The Subterranean Press edition of The New Dead will be very limited -- only 250 copies, with no lettered edition -- and feature a full color cover and four interior color plates by Stephen R. Bissette. In addition, Glenn Chadbourne has contributed an original illustration to appear at the head of each story.

Table of Contents
    “Lazarus” by John Connolly
    “What Maisie Knew” by David Liss
    “Copper” by Stephen R. Bissette
    “In the Dust” by Tim Lebbon
    “Life Sentence” by Kelley Armstrong
    “Delice” by Holly Newstein
    “Closure, LTD” by Max Brooks
    “The Wind Cries Mary” by Brian Keene
    “Family Business” by Jonathan Maberry
    “The Zombie Who Fell From the Sky” by M.B. Homler
    “My Dolly” by Derek Nikitas
    “Second Wind” by Mike Carey
    “Among Us” by Aimee Bender
    “Ghost Trap” by Rick Hautala
    “The Storm Door” by Tad Williams
    “Kids and Their Toys” by James A. Moore
    “Shooting Pool” by Joe R. Lansdale
    “Weaponized” by David Wellington
    “Twittering from the Circus of the Dead” by Joe Hill

Limited to 250 numbered copies signed by all contributors and sold out pre-publication - $125.00 SOLD OUT

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the detail info on that Sub Press book, Ralph. I don't know how I missed out on even hearing about that book completely.

News from the land of Joe:

"Two Locke & Key related items:

First, when Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft was released in hardcover, I did a thing where folks could call and preorder a copy from a certain local bookstore, and I’d sign it for them. That seemed to work pretty well, so I thought I’d do it again with Locke & Key: Head Games, which is out later this month.

If you’d like to get your paws on a signed copy of Locke & Key: Head Games, put a call in to the River Run Bookstore in Portsmouth, NH, sometime between now and the 23rd of September. Their number is (603) 431-2100.

Before you pick up the phone, hang on a second, ’cause there are a few nitpicky ground rules. I’ll sign up to three books per household, but at least one of them has to be Locke & Key: Head Games. I can only personalize and doodle in one. Remember that you’ll be paying cover price and shipping costs. Finally, every effort will be made to deliver your orders in mint collection. But no one can promise your books won’t pick up a scuff or something in shipping. River Run Books can’t offer refunds.

Secondly, I want to give a head’s up that today sees the release of LOCKE & KEY - SPECIAL EDITION, which reprints the first issue from “Welcome to Lovecraft,” the script, and, best of all, a color release of “Freddy Wertham Goes to Hell.” Some of you know the story behind “Freddy,” but to recap for those who don’t: this was the second comic I ever wrote, and my second collaboration with artist Seth Fisher, a blazing talent who passed away far, far too young. Seth was midway through his work on “Freddy” when he died, and the pages were finished by his best friend, the equally gifted Langdon Foss. I’m delighted to see the story get a big color release (it was originally published in b&w) and I hope people will give ‘er a look. You can learn more about Seth’s life, and view lots of his work, here at his website, floweringnose.com."
    Just a reminder that today is the last day to call and order your inscribed LOCKE & KEY: HEAD GAMES hardcover!

I finally called this morning and ordered mine.

They are definitely limiting the inscription to only one book, so that's all I ordered (no need for flatsigned copies).

Also they do not have the comic book, LOCKE & KEY - SPECIAL EDITION, darn it.

wow... another one i had no idea about but i do know about that story....

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah River Run is a book store, not Comic book. y'all will have to get the comic someplace else.

And I almost ran him over again...he needs to learn to NOT cross the street in front of me! LOL

I think if we get a good settlement from the ins. company...I am going Joe Hill book shopping...after I pay some bills....

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered an inscribed...SUPER NICE PEOPLE THERE!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Everyone...

Thanks on the info on The New Dead. I was on my phone so not to easy to type long entries while I browse.

I thought some people here might be interested that IDW has listed some of those Signed / Limited San Diego Comic Con Locke and Key Keys... Signed by Joe.! For $20 bux !
    I ran across it on Joe's Site so props to sgc1999 for posted it...

Here's the link:

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/locke...ey-signed.html

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Roomtemp! Order placed!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was on Joe's site just last night and didn't see this, so thanks, Roomtemp! Order placed.

There were 500 numbered keys, I kind of get the impression that these are the extras - also signed, but maybe unnumbered. How do you guys read it?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you there Patrick. Still pretty excited about it though... I was kicking myself for not ponying up for an ebay one. Gotta be one of the few times that waiting has payed off.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Roomtemp

One on the way to me as well. It will look good with my IDW S/L

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Lurking

There were extras after Comic Con and they were sent to Joe to have him sign them. So I am assuming these are numbered.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 332 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast