+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 332 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 8289

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Just got he email that SubPress has started shipping out Full Throttle. I figured it had to be close.

Also, there's still copies available.
    Now if Strange Weather would start some sort of movement. It's approaching 3 years since announcement.
    We don't even know what the books will look like yet. I know they're doing the 4 separate books for each story and we know the artists for each story, but beyond that there's not much info about it.

I'll be surprised if we get it this year.
    The latest info I received from Brian from CD (last month) is that they’re down to one set of signature sheets needing to be signed
    Yeah, I'm hounding that artist to get the sheets done, hoping to have them really soon. It's been 14 months now since they landed on his desk, and gentle prodding hasn't done the trick so far...

Also, I realized this week that we never posted the artwork for the books! I will rectify that this week.

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a fire needs to be lit under his ass. I know you don't want to piss anyone off and ruin a working relationship, but having them for 14 months and still have no idea what's going on and when you'll finally get them is ridiculous.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PayPal F&F, shipping included within the US, International at cost.

Postscripts #10 Spring 2007 Fine Hardcover, Unsigned $25.00

Locke & Key Hardcovers Volumes 1-6 Fine 1st printings, Unsigned $40 each
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Just got he email that SubPress has started shipping out Full Throttle. I figured it had to be close.

Now if Strange Weather would start some sort of movement. It's approaching 3 years since announcement.
    We don't even know what the books will look like yet. I know they're doing the 4 separate books for each story and we know the artists for each story, but beyond that there's not much info about it.

The latest info I received from Brian from CD (last month) is that they’re down to one set of signature sheets needing to be signed
    Yeah, I'm hounding that artist to get the sheets done, hoping to have them really soon. It's been 14 months now since they landed on his desk, and gentle prodding hasn't done the trick so far...

Also, I realized this week that we never posted the artwork for the books! I will rectify that this week.

Best,
    Brian

While we are on the subject is there any artwork available for seasons of terror. Not sure if you can share that at all because of the other publisher . Thought I’d ask

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be surprised if we get it next year.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I just got shipping notification for the Full Throttle Signed Limited Edition from Subterranean Press.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    I just got shipping notification for the Full Throttle Signed Limited Edition from Subterranean Press.
    Well, at least we'll be getting one Joe Hill limited edition this year.

Strange Weather keeps fading in the distance....
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Excited to get this one!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My signed limited edition of Full Throttle arrives tomorrow. I can't wait!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I had to order my Full Throttle S/L through Camelot Books as they have a nice payment plan. As soon as they get it, it should be on the way to me!

I must also take a moment and say that the shine has surely left the penny for me concerning CD. I am still a fan, will still occasionally give them my money, have had great customer service, but to allow an artist to delay a project of this caliber for more than a year, simply because they wont take a weekend and sign the sig sheets is bordering on unforgivable. Any artist worth their salt would not pull this kind of amateur bullshit and should not be hired on for another project. A publisher should not be afraid to “rock the boat”. They hired a person to provide a service. This service has not been provided in a reasonable time. They should have no intention of working with this person again anyways, so “rock away”!!!

:end rant
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    I had to order my Full Throttle S/L through Camelot Books as they have a nice payment plan. As soon as they get it, it should be on the way to me!

I must also take a moment and say that the shine has surely left the penny for me concerning CD. I am still a fan, will still occasionally give them my money, have had great customer service, but to allow an artist to delay a project of this caliber for more than a year, simply because they wont take a weekend and sign the sig sheets is bordering on unforgivable. Any artist worth their salt would not pull this kind of amateur bullshit and should not be hired on for another project. A publisher should not be afraid to “rock the boat”. They hired a person to provide a service. This service has not been provided in a reasonable time. They should have no intention of working with this person again anyways, so “rock away”!!!

We are "rocking the boat" as hard as we can. If the artist refuses to make the time, we either proceed without the sheets or we wait a little longer. There really aren't other options. If we proceed without the sheets, collectors are mad they were told the edition would be signed. If we wait, collectors are mad we waited. We're doing what we can.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

We are "rocking the boat" as hard as we can. If the artist refuses to make the time, we either proceed without the sheets or we wait a little longer. There really aren't other options. If we proceed without the sheets, collectors are mad they were told the edition would be signed. If we wait, collectors are mad we waited. We're doing what we can.

Brian
    I’m just a young dumb collector who doesn’t know squat about publishing. But I would go out on a limb and guess that a majority of your clients would at this point be ok with you just skipping the artist in question signature and publishing the book. Would it be nice to have the signature?? Sure but what’s even nicer is having the book. I guess I just don’t see how a artists signature is worth a 1-2 year delay. My humble opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    I’m just a young dumb collector who doesn’t know squat about publishing. But I would go out on a limb and guess that a majority of your clients would at this point be ok with you just skipping the artist in question signature and publishing the book. Would it be nice to have the signature?? Sure but what’s even nicer is having the book. I guess I just don’t see how a artists signature is worth a 1-2 year delay. My humble opinion .
    It's certainly a possibility. It's actually easier to do that with this project than some others since each volume has its own signature sheet. So there would be three signed volumes and one unsigned. (Instead of a normal book where the person with the sheets has sheets already signed by other people, which means asking those people to sign new sheets, etc.)

But that said, if we can get the sheets back in the next six weeks, it doesn't really delay anything because of our case maker's schedule. We could start the books this week, without the signature sheet, but if the sheets arrive in the next six weeks, then we'll have lost the opportunity to have that volume signed as promised... all so the books can sit finished for an extra six weeks while the case maker catches up on their backlog due to the time they were closed due the pandemic.

Personally, I'd rather try to get the sheets done in the next six weeks and have all of the volumes signed as promised, instead of "rushing" to get the book printed... unsigned... so it can sit around and wait... just so we can say it's at the printer.

Brian

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post
    I still have not even seen a shipping notice
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I be nosy and ask which artists are we talking about?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I would be shocked if it was CPWIII, so I doubt it’s him.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

to allow an artist to delay a project of this caliber for more than a year, simply because they wont take a weekend and sign the sig sheets is bordering on unforgivable. Any artist worth their salt would not pull this kind of amateur bullshit and should not be hired on for another project. A publisher should not be afraid to “rock the boat”. They hired a person to provide a service. This service has not been provided in a reasonable time. They should have no intention of working with this person again anyways, so “rock away”!!!
    Agree with all of this. If I was this artist, I would be so embarrassed. It's a shame that some people think their time is more valuable than others'. If it were me publishing a book, I know I'd never work with this artist again, no matter how good their work is, just based off this instance (unless, of course, the reason for delay has been some kind of catastrophic personal or family issues).

Like Brian said, it's already been awhile waiting, so what's six more weeks if it gives CD the possibility to get the sig sheets in and bound? If it's much longer, though, I honestly wouldn't care if this artist's corresponding novella wasn't signed at all. Whoever it is has already left a bad taste in my mouth.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I still have not even seen a shipping notice
    Neither did I.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's certainly a possibility. It's actually easier to do that with this project than some others since each volume has its own signature sheet. So there would be three signed volumes and one unsigned. (Instead of a normal book where the person with the sheets has sheets already signed by other people, which means asking those people to sign new sheets, etc.)

But that said, if we can get the sheets back in the next six weeks, it doesn't really delay anything because of our case maker's schedule. We could start the books this week, without the signature sheet, but if the sheets arrive in the next six weeks, then we'll have lost the opportunity to have that volume signed as promised... all so the books can sit finished for an extra six weeks while the case maker catches up on their backlog due to the time they were closed due the pandemic.

Personally, I'd rather try to get the sheets done in the next six weeks and have all of the volumes signed as promised, instead of "rushing" to get the book printed... unsigned... so it can sit around and wait... just so we can say it's at the printer.

Brian
    Thanks, Brian. I ordered my copy when it went on pre-order. I'd be happy to wait for signatures from everyone involved. Just my two cents.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    to allow an artist to delay a project of this caliber for more than a year, simply because they wont take a weekend and sign the sig sheets is bordering on unforgivable. Any artist worth their salt would not pull this kind of amateur bullshit and should not be hired on for another project. A publisher should not be afraid to “rock the boat”. They hired a person to provide a service. This service has not been provided in a reasonable time. They should have no intention of working with this person again anyways, so “rock away”!!!
    Agree with all of this. If I was this artist, I would be so embarrassed. It's a shame that some people think their time is more valuable than others'. If it were me publishing a book, I know I'd never work with this artist again, no matter how good their work is, just based off this instance (unless, of course, the reason for delay has been some kind of catastrophic personal or family issues).

Like Brian said, it's already been awhile waiting, so what's six more weeks if it gives CD the possibility to get the sig sheets in and bound? If it's much longer, though, I honestly wouldn't care if this artist's corresponding novella wasn't signed at all. Whoever it is has already left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I agree with both Brian and Ricky that we might as well wait the additional six weeks. After that, it's time to move on and CD can take whatever course of action they need to, to get their money back if the artist has already been paid. I completely agree with Chris' frustration as well as it's an insult at this point to have the asshole's sig in one of my books. I also realize that it may not be Brian's place to do the pushing but rather Richard's. Brian can only do what he's allowed to do. It not being his press and all. I'd hope it would have never gotten this far with LPP.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Brian
    Thanks, Brian. I ordered my copy when it went on pre-order. I'd be happy to wait for signatures from everyone involved. Just my two cents.
    I agree.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I agree with both Brian and Ricky that we might as well wait the additional six weeks. After that, it's time to move on and CD can take whatever course of action they need to, to get their money back if the artist has already been paid. I completely agree with Chris' frustration as well as it's an insult at this point to have the asshole's sig in one of my books. I also realize that it may not be Brian's place to do the pushing but rather Richard's. Brian can only do what he's allowed to do. It not being his press and all. I'd hope it would have never gotten this far with LPP.
    So yesterday was not one of my better days and i took it out on Brian James Freeman a bit, even knowing that he has done his best and that fielding these criticisms cant be how he wants to spend his time off, or work time for that matter. I am more than fine with waiting another 6 weeks for them to be done. I would be even less pleased with an incomplete set. I do stand by my belief that a time frame should be part of any contract with an author or artist, but it is what it is and this will be a beautiful edition when it is done. I trust that karma will help nudge this artist into doing the right thing. 🙂
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I don't want to voice my suspicions out loud, but a little Googling seems to point to the most likely culprit.

I see there's some artwork up on the site now! I can't wait to see it all in person.

Same here. I also have them holding another book for me so they can ship together. I'm not sure when to expect the package, but I'm doubly excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s been an awesome week and I just felt the need to share my joy !
    After all the difficulties IDW experienced with their webshop for con exclusives, I got my hands on the SDCC exclusive hardcover of Locke & key Small World.

Thanks to my buddy Brian Freeman (Brian861) for helping me get hold of the Peach Momoko variant set of Locke & Key...In Pale Battalios Go...#1

And, best of all with a massive shout out to David from Betts !!! As of today I’m the proud owner of a Suntup lettered copy of Horns, the crown jewel of my collection.
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 332 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 ... LastLast