Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 332 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another source with basically the same info... http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/10/nos4a2-a..._medium=social
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great to see that one of the networks has the sense of picking up an adaption of Joe Hill’s work! Pity that the Locke & Key series didn’t get picked up twice, perhaps this will open Fox’ and Hulu’s eyes...
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In reviewing Noah M.'s collection thread (post# 391), I note that he posted in regards to the Heart Shaped Box Lettered Edition by Hill that "[a]pparently there was a problem at the bindery and 6 of the traycases were either destroyed or were unable to be completed, so only 9 copies of the planned 15 were actually sold." I checked in with Noah M. and he does not recall the source for this statement. Also, I emailed Bill with Subterranean and because the release was over 10 years ago, he doesn't remember anything off hand that suggests less than 15 were produced. In any event, it's a very rare book, but I was curious if anyone has any information regarding this issue. Thanks for the help!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Great to see that one of the networks has the sense of picking up an adaption of Joe Hill’s work! Pity that the Locke & Key series didn’t get picked up twice, perhaps this will open Fox’ and Hulu’s eyes...
    I hope it's just a one off, AMC has a tendency to stretch things out to make extra $.
    Charlie Manx will be a really hard character to cast and play. He could end up being cheesy if done wrong.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Dark Carousel LP Release Party

Only 3 hours away, Lori. Maybe they could even manage to get that book to you finally
    Lol, I know right! Unfortunately this is in the middle of the work week so I'll have to pass but it looks like it's going to be fun. I have a couple of friends that are going so I will have to live vicariously.
    I took your advice and called and guess what? They told me to email!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I hope it's just a one off, AMC has a tendency to stretch things out to make extra $.
    Charlie Manx will be a really hard character to cast and play. He could end up being cheesy if done wrong.
    What happened with Locke and Key? I thought Hulu picked it up and they've filmed a pilot?
    I agree, Manx will be hard to cast but if they get it right can you imagine the possibilities? AMC has done some quality programming and should allow for a decent budget so my hopes are high for this. I agree though, it needs to be contained and not turned into a gazillion season series ala The Walking Dead.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Hulu filmed a pilot but decided to not pick up the series.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone mentioned Walton Goggins, I think he could do a good job.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Dark Carousel LP Release Party

Only 3 hours away, Lori. Maybe they could even manage to get that book to you finally
    Lol, I know right! Unfortunately this is in the middle of the work week so I'll have to pass but it looks like it's going to be fun. I have a couple of friends that are going so I will have to live vicariously.
    I took your advice and called and guess what? They told me to email!
    Wow. While I like the service they provide with the Hill sigs; not the greatest way to approach your issue.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

After some schedule finagling at work and the fact that I have quite a few vacation days built up I decided to say screw you work(!)and go to the Dark Carousel party next week. Should see Chris there (hey Chris! ) and a couple of my other friends so am looking forward to it. If anyone else from here is going please chime in!
    We'll give everyone a full report. I'm hoping to bring my replica Creepshow voodoo doll and see if Joe will have a little fun in the picture but we'll gauge mood first

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After some schedule finagling at work and the fact that I have quite a few vacation days built up I decided to say screw you work(!)and go to the Dark Carousel party next week. Should see Chris there (hey Chris! ) and a couple of my other friends so am looking forward to it. If anyone else from here is going please chime in!
    We'll give everyone a full report. I'm hoping to bring my replica Creepshow voodoo doll and see if Joe will have a little fun in the picture but we'll gauge mood first
    You guys must all report back with pics. And I bet Joe would LOVE the voodoo doll! Have fun!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, Lori! Glad you decided to go. Don't forget to pick up your other books while there And have Joe sign them of course.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Anyone get their record? Doesn't look like amazon will send me one...maybe...i have to wait

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone get their record? Doesn't look like amazon will send me one...maybe...i have to wait
    I got a packaging notice from Bull Moose.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I got a packaging notice from Bull Moose.
    I received the same notice from Bull Moose. Amazon states my order from them will arrive Tuesday. I suspect orders from Water Street won't ship til after Joe's event on the 25th.

Country
    Country Flag

Joe mentioned in this newsletter that he is about 250 pages into a new book. Would be interested to know if he brings this up at the event or one of you going will inquire

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My LP arrived from Bull Moose...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do we know if the story will be published as printed?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I haven't heard anything. I do expect it to be printed though.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Does it state the limitation anywhere, Brian?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I haven't heard anything. I do expect it to be printed though.

I remember reading somewhere that he was getting close to having enough short stories for another collection, so I'd assume this would go in there.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Does it state the limitation anywhere, Brian?
    I don't see any mention of a limitation.

Neat! How is the story?
    And I'm guessing there's a download code, but usually when I buy vinyl from amazon they give a digital version too but it doesn't seem that way for this one.

It's weird how Joe's Kindle stuff and this appear to be a Joe Hill "Branding" same font, one color background and a single image for each story. I kind of like that. I wonder if that's his decision or the marketing bros.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Neat! How is the story?
    And I'm guessing there's a download code, but usually when I buy vinyl from amazon they give a digital version too but it doesn't seem that way for this one.

It's weird how Joe's Kindle stuff and this appear to be a Joe Hill "Branding" same font, one color background and a single image for each story. I kind of like that. I wonder if that's his decision or the marketing bros.
    Do not have my copy yet but yes, there is supposed to be a download code.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Neat! How is the story?

Do not have my copy yet but yes, there is supposed to be a download code.
    There is a code. I haven't listened to it yet though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 332 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 292 ... LastLast