Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 332 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I find it hard to believe that Joe Hill will turn down a chance to sign his name in another thousand books.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Joe Hill will turn down a chance to sign his name in another thousand books.
    100% agree with you. No clue why he does it. Maybe he sees the secondary market for his dad’s stuff and doesn’t want people shelling out those prices.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I have a rare joe hill book, one that is not signed. Not many of those around

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I have a rare joe hill book, one that is not signed. Not many of those around
    I have a few as well. But that'll change if he ever comes to town
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they’ll do away with all the different signed versions and stick with one that goes out to a bunch of stores.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What is the lettered set of Lock an Key worth?
    I would say 750 each in second hand market. If you get a matching set sometimes you will pay a little more. I think Yegor is selling all four matched for 750 each to members here.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What is the lettered set of Lock an Key worth?
    I would say 750 each in second hand market. If you get a matching set sometimes you will pay a little more. I think Yegor is selling all four matched for 750 each to members here.
    I tried selling a lettered copy of the latest edition and think I got something around $350. Thats with rights. They just don't sell. Maybe a matching set is vastly different (I think around retail honestly), but I have not seen a standalone go for over retail sadly.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

According to the back of the proof, it doesn’t look like there will be publisher signed editions. It does state a 5 city book tour.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Does it say which cities?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Does it say which cities?
    It does not unfortunately.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    According to the back of the proof, it doesn’t look like there will be publisher signed editions. It does state a 5 city book tour.
    Which publisher is the proof from? In the UK, Gollancz may do a signed edition, and Goldsboro books may do their own signed edition as well.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Which publisher is the proof from? In the UK, Gollancz may do a signed edition, and Goldsboro books may do their own signed edition as well.
    It’s the US edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in the below:

Subterranean Press:
    Nos4a2
    Signed Limited Edition with slipcase
    Book and slipcase are in Fine condition.

If interested message me.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have every Joe Hill Limited for sale. Including Lock and Key matching set. PM me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

100% agree with you. No clue why he does it. Maybe he sees the secondary market for his dad’s stuff and doesn’t want people shelling out those prices.
    Many years ago Mr. Hill made some statements regarding signed editions the US 20th Century Ghosts and of the latest issue of Locke & Key that were being sold on eBay signed by him. The problem was he had not signed any copies of the Locke & Key that was being sold. He contacted both the seller and eBay and neither seemed to concerned with the issue. He actually stated the sellers id and asked people to be wary of buying from him. He also arranged to have a local seller sell signed copies and stated he would sign anything people ordered. I believe he has tried to continue that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Many years ago Mr. Hill made some statements regarding signed editions the US 20th Century Ghosts and of the latest issue of Locke & Key that were being sold on eBay signed by him. The problem was he had not signed any copies of the Locke & Key that was being sold. He contacted both the seller and eBay and neither seemed to concerned with the issue. He actually stated the sellers id and asked people to be wary of buying from him. He also arranged to have a local seller sell signed copies and stated he would sign anything people ordered. I believe he has tried to continue that.
    If you're a Hill fan, him signing everything should be a non-issue. I feel if you collect authors just for a sig, you're doing it for the wrong reason. JMO of course. I love the fact that I can get many things personalize and that Joe is willing to take the time and effort to do that for his fans.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Marco. Is it the 30th anniversary of The Sandman vol. 8: World's End that Joe wrote the preface for?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Marco. Is it the 30th anniversary of The Sandman vol. 8: World's End that Joe wrote the preface for?
    That would be an interesting trivia given that Stephen King wrote the signature of the previous vol8 !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That would be an interesting trivia given that Stephen King wrote the signature of the previous vol8 !
    This releases later this month, Jeremy so I'm think that is the one Marco refers to in his latest update.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If you're a Hill fan, him signing everything should be a non-issue. I feel if you collect authors just for a sig, you're doing it for the wrong reason. JMO of course. I love the fact that I can get many things personalize and that Joe is willing to take the time and effort to do that for his fans.
    That actually is something I feel admirable about Hill. He takes care of his fans. I have a bunch of his books he signed for me at the Toronto stop of the Horns tour. That's pretty cool. I was referring more to the limited editions and his double/triple/quadruple dipping. See: 20th Century Ghosts for example. Or two S/Ls of NOS4A2. He signed so many books that we kid around about his unsigned books being harder to find. No one here seems genuinely upset about it.

As for collecting only for sigs, I agree. Still though, some signatures are worth the hunt and I don't think there's a wrong or right way to collect. I mean, good luck A) seeing McCormack in public and B) getting him to sign a copy of The Road.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite books I own is a NOS4A2 that is personalized to me. Got a ton of SK but that JH is special to me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Brian, you’re correct.
    @Jeremy, King wrote the introduction for vol. 8 and Joe did the preface
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Country
    Country Flag

That actually is something I feel admirable about Hill. He takes care of his fans. I have a bunch of his books he signed for me at the Toronto stop of the Horns tour. That's pretty cool. I was referring more to the limited editions and his double/triple/quadruple dipping. See: 20th Century Ghosts for example. Or two S/Ls of NOS4A2. He signed so many books that we kid around about his unsigned books being harder to find. No one here seems genuinely upset about it.

As for collecting only for sigs, I agree. Still though, some signatures are worth the hunt and I don't think there's a wrong or right way to collect. I mean, good luck A) seeing McCormack in public and B) getting him to sign a copy of The Road.
    I see where you're coming from, Paige. Makes perfect sense in reference to the S/Ls. Color me defense when it comes to my man Hill

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    @Brian, you’re correct.
    @Jeremy, King wrote the introduction for vol. 8 and Joe did the preface
    Thanks for clarifying, Marco. Appreciate you keeping us up to date on all things Hill!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://info.harpercollins.com/nos4a...Y0MDYwNDIwOAS2

Just in case anyone needed the link for Joe Hills updates after each episide
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 332 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 ... LastLast