10 38.46%
  • House of Flying Daggers

7 26.92%
  • Road to Perdition

13 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 1 - Group 17 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 1 - Group 17 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Minority Report (2002)
    Directed by Steven Spielberg

Watch Trailer

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
    Directed by Joel Coen

Watch Trailer

300 (2006)
    Directed by Zack Snyder

Watch Trailer

Oldboy (2003)
    Directed by Park Chan-wook

Watch Trailer

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
    Directed by Peter Jackson

Watch Trailer

1408 (2007)
    Directed by Mikael Håfström

Watch Trailer

House of Flying Daggers (2004)
    Directed by Zhang Yimou

Watch Trailer

Road to Perdition (2002)
    Directed by Sam Mendes

Watch Trailer

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oldboy is like in my top 10 favorite foreign films of all time.

300 is silly comic book fare but damn it's a visual wonder.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Oldboy is a seriously gritty film. It grabs you and does not let go. Even after it's over, it doesn't let go.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really surprised that the numbered movies, especially 300, are getting so many votes.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing 300 in theaters is one of my most favorite theater-going experiences ever. It's a freaking adrenaline rush. When I got out of that first showing I felt like I was high.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Oldboy is like in my top 10 favorite foreign films of all time.
    Agreed. I will never forget being completely floored by that ending. Kudos.

Minority Report is a dark horse in this tournament.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oldboy is out!?!?!? fuck this group

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Oldboy is out!?!?!? fuck this group
    And House of Flying Daggers. This group was a tough draw.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (80.77%)
    2. Minority Report (69.23%)
    3. 300 (50.00%)
    4. Road to Perdition (50.00%)
    5. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (42.31%)
    6. 1408 (38.46%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. House of Flying Daggers (26.92%)
    2. Oldboy (26.92%)

+ Reply to Thread