2 9.52%
  • The Triplets of Belleville

2 9.52%
  • Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 1 - Group 14 of 32

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Great Movie Tournament - 2000s: Round 1 - Group 14 of 32

During the first round of The Great Movie Tournament, please vote for up to six films you would like to move onto the next round. The top six films will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given film receives will determine its standing going forward.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Directed by James Cameron

Watch Trailer

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
    Directed by Scott Derrickson

Watch Trailer

Caché (2005)
    Directed by Michael Haneke

Watch Trailer

Meet the Fockers (2004)
    Directed by Jay Roach

Watch Trailer

School of Rock (2003)
    Directed by Richard Linklater

Watch Trailer

May (2002)
    Directed by Lucky McKee

Watch Trailer

The Triplets of Belleville (2003)
    Directed by Sylvain Chomet

Watch Trailer

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
    Directed by Nick Park and Steve Box

Watch Trailer

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost didn't vote for Avatar because I feel it is a greatly overrated movie. However, it is still is a good movie and if it wasn't overrated, I would have voted for it with no hesitation, so figured I shouldn't punish the movie for being overrated.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Weird group for me.

I've seen a lot of the films in the tournament, but this bracket happens to have most of the films that I haven't seen in it. Also, is Emily Rose a good movie? For some reason I never gave it much thought.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised at how well Emily Rose is doing. It's streaming free with ads on Crackle if you wish to check it out: https://www.sonycrackle.com/the-exor...y-rose/2478287

And I'm sad to see May with only two votes. It's such a weird and fun movie. It's one of my favorites from 2002. Love it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

May is nuts. That final shot. Oh man. So twisted and sad and shocking.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    May is nuts. That final shot. Oh man. So twisted and sad and shocking.
    I adore that ending. One of the best in horror.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Why are there only 2 votes for Triplets of Belleville...?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Why are there only 2 votes for Triplets of Belleville...?
    And May

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Avatar (71.43%)
    2. Meet the Fockers (38.10%)
    3. School of Rock (38.10%)
    4. The Exorcism of Emily Rose (28.57%)
    5. Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (19.05%)
    6. Caché (14.29%)

And the following two titles have been eliminated:
    1. May (9.52%)
    2. The Triplets of Belleville (9.52%)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm still shocked it was only the 2 of us to vote for Triplets. Has no one seen it? It's not like many of the other films got tons of votes to take away from it either.

And I still have not seen May. I guess I better rectify that soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Please do, Heather! May is amazing!

+ Reply to Thread