Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2000s

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see this one on the list...

NOMINATION:

Film: A Beautiful Mind
    Year: 2001
    Director: Ron Howard

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    No but seriously... the Village is shit
    Nah it's okay, I don't get the hate for it. Saw it in theaters and liked it a lot, including the twist. I'll unashamedly vote for it in the first round. We'll see how far it goes.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I didn't see this one on the list...

NOMINATION:

Film: A Beautiful Mind
    Year: 2001
    Director: Ron Howard
    Second this

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

No but seriously... the Village is shit
    We would have missed out on this though....

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're going to leave a negative reputation comment, at least drop your name. Anonymously doing it is chickenshit and such people should flogged, tarred, and feathered, and then they should be forced to watch Intolerable Cruelty on repeat for a week.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination 12

Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
    Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Punch-Drunk Love seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
    Ang Lee

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination
    3:10 to Yuma
    Dir. Mangold

One of the few decent westerns of the decade and superior to the original in my opinion.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #8?

The Bourne Identity (2002)
    Dir: Doug Liman
    I was going to do this, so I will second it.

My eyes are crap but has anyone nominated The Descent yet? And I don't mind if you take it from me cause I will second it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My eyes are crap but has anyone nominated The Descent yet? And I don't mind if you take it from me cause I will second it.
    Not yet...

Somebody go! The well is far from dry!

Country
    Country Flag

Admittedly, we've been going pretty fast, I hope we don't leave anyone who wants to nominate and second behind. Only three days in and we've passed the halfway point. I believe the 1990s took much longer.

Sorry, the 00s was the decade when I really, really starting exploring films like a madman. Such a wide range:From Sin City to The Son to Rec to Silent Light to Me, You and Everyone We Know, it's a fantastic movie decade! I haven't even really gotten into the crazy Japanese and French horror flicks yet either. Double the list, Mae! Double the list!

J/K

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Sin City, where is the Sin City nomination?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    HJ, can't second back to back, but I'll count it after Tommy's.
    Many apologies. I will familiarize myself with the rules to prevent further gaffes.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
    Ang Lee

Watch trailer:
    Seconded. A gorgeous film.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    HJ, can't second back to back, but I'll count it after Tommy's.
    Many apologies. I will familiarize myself with the rules to prevent further gaffes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Admittedly, we've been going pretty fast, I hope we don't leave anyone who wants to nominate and second behind. Only three days in and we've passed the halfway point. I believe the 1990s took much longer.

Maybe we can do a slight expansion? Bigger polls first round with more eliminations? We could always get to the total and then do supplemental nominations to see if we get enough (1x or 2x the # of groups), if not, they won't be included.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I will try another nomination even though many of them are flopping pretty bad so far.

NOMINATION #5

Film: Doubt
    Year: 2008
    Director: John Patrick Shanley

Trailer
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I guess I will try another nomination even though many of them are flopping pretty bad so far.

NOMINATION #5

Film: Doubt
    Year: 2008
    Director: John Patrick Shanley

Trailer

I didn't want to nominate this one myself. SECOND

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Nomination 7

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008 )
    Directed by: Nicholas Stoller
    Second.

Someone said there is no love for comedies here and they were right. The Hangover, Juno, Anchorman, 40-Year-Old Virgin, and more good ones don't even have a nomination.

Bios like Walk the Line and Erin Brockovich aren't getting any love either.
    Not to mention Superbad, Pineapple Express, Knocked Up. Comedies didn't do all that great in the 90s tournament either.

Updated List of Movies

I second 3:10 to Yuma.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hence the "and more."

Stranger than Fiction
    Marc Forster

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination 13

500 Days of Summer (2009)

Directed by: Marc Webb

p.s.....who will be the brave soul to nominate The Room?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast