Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2000s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And we're at six spots.

And I still have, hmm let's see... 19 movies to nominate

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to nominate my little girls favourite movie from the era:

Movie: My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
    Year: 2005
    Director: Victor Dal Chele

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Russian Ark (2002)
    Aleksandr Sokurov

Watch trailer:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'd like to nominate my little girls favourite movie from the era:

Movie: My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
    Director: Victor Dal Chele
    As it's your little girl's favourite film, consider it SECONDED!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd Hot Fuzz.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Pineapple Express.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Fountain. Beautiful and sad.

Country
    Country Flag

Three spots remain.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'll second The Fountain. Beautiful and sad.
    Just picked this up on DVD today.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #28

Film: King Kong
    Director: Peter Jackson
    Spoiler in video: No

"Heroes don't look like me, not in the real world. In the real world they got bad teeth, a bald spot and a beer gut. I'm just an actor with a gun, who's lost his motivation. Be seein' ya."

With only 3 spots remaining, this definitely needs to be one of them!

Country
    Country Flag

Respectfully, with 92 available to second, that wouldn't be one of my three picks

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #28

"Heroes don't look like me, not in the real world. In the real world they got bad teeth, a bald spot and a beer gut. I'm just an actor with a gun, who's lost his motivation. Be seein' ya."

Hell yes, gotta support my Kiwi director, Peter Jackson.

Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    NOMINATION #28

Hell yes, gotta support my Kiwi director, Peter Jackson.

Seconded

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I second pineapple express.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll Second Gangster No. 1 and that's that!

Country
    Country Flag

That's that indeed. Our list is set and voting will begin in a week, on July 29, following the same overall schedule as the 1990s tournament.

This will not only allow me some time to prepare all the trailers and posters for each movie, and compile my schedule, if there are gaps in the movies that made it in, this week should allow some time to catch up of some of those you might not have seen or always meant to.

Country
    Country Flag

As an honorable mentions kinda thing, here is the remainder of my list that I didn't get to nominating:

Country
    Country Flag

As an honorable mentions kinda thing, here is the remainder of my list that I didn't get to nominating:
    The Terminal was going to be my 30th and final nomination...

Country
    Country Flag

Wild Card round?

Country
    Country Flag

Some stats:

Number of nominations per year:
    • 2000: 23
    • 2001: 32
    • 2002: 29
    • 2003: 21
    • 2004: 24
    • 2005: 25
    • 2006: 29
    • 2007: 30
    • 2008: 20
    • 2009: 23

Directors with multiple nominations:

1. Alexander Payne: About Schmidt, Sideways
    2. Andrew Stanton: Finding Nemo, WALL-E
    3. Ang Lee: Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    4. Ben Stiller: Tropic Thunder, Zoolander
    5. Bong Joon-ho: Memories of Murder, The Host
    6. Brad Bird: Ratatouille, The Incredibles
    7. Cameron Crowe: Almost Famous, Vanilla Sky
    8. Danny Boyle: 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionaire
    9. David Cronenberg: A History of Violence, Eastern Promises
    10. David Fincher: Panic Room, Zodiac
    11. David Lynch: Inland Empire, Mulholland Dr.
    12. Edgar Wright: Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead
    13. Gore Verbinski: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Ring
    14. Guillermo del Toro: Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone
    15. Hayao Miyazaki: Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away
    16. Jason Reitman: Juno, Up in the Air
    17. Jay Roach: Meet the Fockers, Meet the Parents
    18. Joel and Ethan Coen: No Country for Old Men, O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    19. Jon Favreau: Elf, Iron Man
    20. Mel Gibson: Apocalypto, The Passion of the Christ
    21. Park Chan-wook: Lady Vengeance, Oldboy
    22. Paul Thomas Anderson: Punch-Drunk Love, There Will Be Blood
    23. Pete Docter: Monsters, Inc., Up
    24. Richard Linklater: Before Sunset, School of Rock
    25. Rob Zombie: Halloween, The Devil's Rejects
    26. Robert Rodriguez: Sin City, Grindhouse
    27. Roland Emmerich: 2012, The Day After Tomorrow
    28. Ron Howard: A Beautiful Mind, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    29. Sam Mendes: Jarhead, Road to Perdition
    30. Sam Raimi: Drag Me to Hell, Spider-Man 2
    31. Tarsem Singh: The Cell, The Fall
    32. Tim Burton: Big Fish, Corpse Bride
    33. Wes Anderson: Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums
    34. Zhang Yimou: Hero, House of Flying Daggers

1. Alfonso Cuarón: Children of Men, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Y Tu Mamá También
    2. Brad Anderson: Session 9, The Machinist, Transsiberian
    3. Darren Aronofsky: Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, The Wrestler
    4. James Mangold: 3:10 to Yuma, Identity, Walk the Line
    5. M. Night Shyamalan: Signs, The Village, Unbreakable
    6. Martin Scorsese: Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed
    7. Zack Snyder: 300, Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen

1. Christopher Nolan: Batman Begins, Memento, The Dark Knight, The Prestige
    2. Clint Eastwood: Gran Torino, Letters from Iwo Jima, Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River
    3. Michael Haneke: Caché, Funny Games, The Piano Teacher, The White Ribbon
    4. Peter Jackson: King Kong, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Return of the King, The Two Towers
    5. Quentin Tarantino: Grindhouse, Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2
    6. Steven Soderbergh: Erin Brockovich, Ocean's Eleven, Solaris, Traffic

1. Ridley Scott: American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Matchstick Men
    2. Steven Spielberg: A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, Catch Me If You Can, Minority Report, Munich, War of the Worlds

Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant hopefully will grace us with his wonderful analysis of actors with multiple nominations like last time

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant hopefully will grace us with his wonderful analysis of actors with multiple nominations like last time
    We shall see.

When does the worst films of the 2000s tournament start?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    We shall see.

When does the worst films of the 2000s tournament start?
    Those eliminated in round one should automatically qualify.

Country
    Country Flag

I see Feev has already declared The Dark Knight as the eventual winner. I dunno. This is a very wide open decade with no clear favorite, in my opinion. Lots of great films to choose from and The Dark Knight is only one of them. But what do I know, I didn't think Shawshank would win the 1990s.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see Feev has already declared The Dark Knight as the eventual winner. I dunno. This is a very wide open decade with no clear favorite, in my opinion. Lots of great films to choose from and The Dark Knight is only one of them. But what do I know, I didn't think Shawshank would win the 1990s.
    Incorrect. 1408 will run away with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast