Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 2000s

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Nomination 7

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008 )
    Directed by: Nicholas Stoller
    Second.

Someone said there is no love for comedies here and they were right. The Hangover, Juno, Anchorman, 40-Year-Old Virgin, and more good ones don't even have a nomination.

Bios like Walk the Line and Erin Brockovich aren't getting any love either.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Milk ( 2008 )
    Dir. Van Sant

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Someone said there is no love for comedies here and they were right. The Hangover, Juno, Anchorman, 40-Year-Old Virgin, and more good ones don't even have a nomination.

Please nominate some of them

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Band's Visit (2007)
    Eran Kolirin

Watch trailer:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination 7

Second.

Not enough documentaries, westerns or musicals either.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination

Film: A Prophet
    Year: 2009
    Director: Jacques Audiard
    IMDB

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination 7

Second.

I plan on it.

I'll start with a bio first though:

Walk the Line
    James Mangold
    Second. Love that movie.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

Please nominate some of them

I plan on it.

I'll start with a bio first though:

Walk the Line
    James Mangold

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding A Prophet.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the first time the 2nd came before the nomination...

Sorry. I realized I responded to the wrong message, deleted, and reposted.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'll second Monster and

Nomination
    Match Point
    Dir. Allen
    Second.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination 11

I Love You, Man (2009)
    Directed by: John Hamburg
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to look through my DVDs tonight to refresh my memory on some films. Always some good ones you don't think of off the top of your head.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

United 93 (2006)
    Paul Greengrass

Watch trailer:

This one deserves more love than it gets, I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but it was refreshing to hear new voices sing the songs and so beautifully shot....

Nomination
    Across the Universe
    Dir. Taymor

Country
    Country Flag

And there's another beautiful Julie Taymor movie waiting since day one

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

United 93 (2006)
    Paul Greengrass

Watch trailer:
    I'll second United 93.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Nomination:

Film: 2012
    Director: Roland Emmerich
    Starring: John Cusack, Oliver Platt, Chiwetel Ejiofor

Trailer:
    I will second this wonderful, so-bad-it's-good, schlock-fest.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

And there's another beautiful Julie Taymor movie waiting since day one
    And still another I could and maybe will nominate. I'll go ahead and second Frida, my favorite Salma Hayek performance. I loved her for that.

Country
    Country Flag

HJ, can't second back to back, but I'll count it after Tommy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Nomination:

Film: 2012
    Director: Roland Emmerich
    Starring: John Cusack, Oliver Platt, Chiwetel Ejiofor

Trailer:
    I will second this wonderful, so-bad-it's-good, schlock-fest.
    Hey HBJ, you have to wait for someone else to second in between your seconds but since I just seconded, it's OK.

You are fast, Mae!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Village

M. Night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
    Whoever gave me bad rep for this? AND told
    Me I’m fuckin kidding this is a shit movie...FUCK YOU. I’m done. Enjoy all.
    Did someone really give you neg rep for your movie taste?
    A) this is ridiculous, but
    B) if this were to happen, I'd prefer it had happened to me.
    First of all, that's some bullshit. I hate that reputation garbage. Have the balls to say it here and stand behind it.

Second of all, I haven no problem coming here and telling St. Troy that he borderlines on insane if he thinks The Happening belongs anywhere near this tournament.

Lastly, The Village is better than people give it credit for.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Village

M. Night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
    Whoever gave me bad rep for this? AND told
    Me I’m fuckin kidding this is a shit movie...FUCK YOU. I’m done. Enjoy all.
    Did someone really give you neg rep for your movie taste?
    A) this is ridiculous, but
    B) if this were to happen, I'd prefer it had happened to me.
    First of all, that's some bullshit. I hate that reputation garbage. Have the balls to say it here and stand behind it.

Second of all, I haven no problem coming here and telling St. Troy that he borderlines on insane if he thinks The Happening belongs anywhere near this tournament.

Lastly, The Village is better than people give it credit for.
    Yeah, RF should remove that, Kris. That ain't right. Keep nominating and don't worry about it.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see RF's response to this....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No but seriously... the Village is shit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast