+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

Traveler Ozymandias is on a distinguished road Ozymandias's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    GOB's chicken dance has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen on tv. "Chicken's don't clap!"
    that whole sequence where everyone is doing their own version is great. i particularly liked lindsay's.
    They're all so wrong, but parts of it are right. One has the sound, one has the head flap, one has the leg movements, put them all together and you get a real chicken dance. If they make a movie they better have at least one GOB chicken dance, anything less would be a fail

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    If they make a movie they better have at least one GOB chicken dance, anything less would be a fail
    As much as that show revolved around the constant evolution and representation of jokes, I can't imagine a movie wouldn't have GOB do it at least once.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember Gobias Industries?

Those were the days, man.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the episodes with james lipton as the prison warden who lets tobias go to jail to research playing the role of "frightened inmate # 2"
    White power Bill cracks me up
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    White power Bill cracks me up
    the scene where white power bill stabs gob is one of the funniest moments ever.

White Power Bill: (stabbing GOB) "White Power!"

GOB: "But... I'm white"

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just going to leave these here.

And these...

And of course:

those are awesome paula!!!

i especially love the one of maggie and tobias. that whole scene was played perfectly like only david cross and julia louis-dreyfus could have done. two absolute comedic geniuses.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

copying the gobias industries pic to see if I can sig it!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

season one and two are for sale at wal mart in a package for 20$

It's been stolen from me twice already, this time no one's getting it unless it's from my cold dead hands!

nobody gets my ad dvd's. if they want to see it, they can come over and watch it with me.

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

well your the smart one, i had to learn the hard way i guess

not so much. i only learned that lesson after my simpsons season 6 went awol with a former friend never to return. now, fuck that. i'm not netflix. you want to watch it at your house, get it from them. you want my copy, either it comes to your house with me, or you watch it here. those are the options.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Lucille Bluth: "Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant....It makes me want to set myself on fire."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought I'd dig this thread up after 3 years since we are nearing the improbable start of a new season.

Anybody else excited?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think "cautiously optimistic" is my mindset.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

When AD was on the air, I assumed that everyone else watched it, too. For a year or so afterward, I got to go around with "You mean you've never seen Arrested Development?!"
    I guess I was not the only one... word got out.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    When AD was on the air, I assumed that everyone else watched it, too. For a year or so afterward, I got to go around with "You mean you've never seen Arrested Development?!"
    I guess I was not the only one... word got out.
    Yeah, so true. I remember watching AD and telling all my friends how great it was and that they should watch it. They looked at me like I was crazy because they had never even heard of it. Those same friends all caught up with the show on Netflix years after the show was cancelled. They all loved it too. Kind of infuriates me.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Any time I make an Arrested Development reference around someone other than family, people are like "Whaaat? No, I've never seen that show."

My family always uses the "And that's why we don't [fill in the blank]" quote.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So are you going to watch them all in one weekend marathon, or try and watch it spread out. I have to borrow my friends Netflix account to watch. I think that once I get started i will want more and wont be able to stop. I too watched it religiously once it came out on fox. Then watched it again on DVD with my wife since she never saw the original airings.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Me and my friend are probably going to watch an hour or so each time we drink. Tonight we'll probably watch four.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to stretch them out. It makes it more special. I also have tons of other things to catch up on, so it's not like I don't have other things to watch.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the 1 month free Netflix trial - so I'll at least finish in next few weeks

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got to the Gob episode yesterday. (Season 4 number 7, "Colony Collapse.") It is so dense with plot! A couple minutes longer than previous episodes, but still... I keep thinking back and marvelling at how many things happened to Gob in this single episode. They have been getting increasingly hilarious. The Tobias episode (ANUSTART) was pretty damn funny.
    << Loving AD all over again.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I started it last night, but a few min in realized I had no memory of how the last season ended. I might have to go back and watch a few of the last eps now before I jump into the new season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast