Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Arrested Development

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I started it and don't remember the alopecia guy... sigh.

It's funny, but not brilliant. I'm slightly displeased with how they felt the need to incorporate every "new" actor from the past ten years, like Seth Rogen and Kristen Wiig. Not that they're bad, but I think they're being added to make the show seem more current, and that annoys me. But overall I'm enjoying it.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Yeah, I started it and don't remember the alopecia guy... sigh.
    Ed Begley, Jr.'s character, the Bluth Company's big competitor? Really? Well, it would probably be fun to re-watch old episodes for all the wacky details if you've forgotten. Otherwise, one reminder that also comes up again: Sitwell has a daughter played by Christine Taylor

I could be wrong, but to me it did not occur that they might be trying to make the show seem current. I just thought they wanted to give a lot of their other friends some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    It's funny, but not brilliant.
    Yeah, that's probably true. It's no longer cutting edge. The show was brilliant before, IMO, and now it is about the same. But other comedy has caught up in the meantime, and I don't see this season breaking all new ground. It's just another offbeat funny show at this point.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It does feel pretty brilliant, though, when random weirdness in the jokes on one episode turn out to mean something specific when an intersecting story is later told about another character's perspective of the same conversation. Or when unrelated plot elements suddenly relate after a long time.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will someone please tell me what is up with Portia de Rossi's face?! I thought it was an entirely different actress for about half the episode.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha ha, I had the same reaction.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Country
    Country Flag

There are some parts of this that are just brilliant, but overall, it's not holding my attention. I almost feel like there are too many jokes to keep track of. Anyone else feel this way?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the 5th episode - so far it seems like its a bit all over the place - or basically trying to tell the same small story from everyone's perspective - but easily getting lost. Not to mention small bits related to the first 3 seasons (I did not go back and watch them again). I will make it through them all - but when I watch it again with my son - I will probably just watch the first 3 seasons and keep it at that. Just like only watching the real Star wars (4/5/6), and Indiana Jones - excluding that last catastrophe of a movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What what???
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Huh I guess they re-released season 4 this weekend in a more linear fashion - I’ll have to rewatch and get ready for season 5
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    What what???
    Yes. Netflix also "remixed" season four.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure why they remixed season 4. It was perfect the way it was.

Excited for Season 5!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 5 was pretty great all the way through.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4