Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Lividian Publications.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Mine came today (from Camelot). It's awesome! Was looking forward to this one for a while, happy to finally have it in my hands!

The stamped cover/interior design/typography/art is really great. Don't know what to say about the François Vaillancourt art except it's amazing. I'm excited to read through all the bonus material. If I had one complaint, I'm not a huge fan of printed marbled endpapers. The design looks cool but it's not super high resolution, it's a little bit blurry.

I really love Revival, and having read it again recently it's fresh in my mind. I'm just really happy to have such a nice version of it. Will post pictures later if people are interested
    Congrats! Agreed. It's a very nice production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    REVIVAL Lettered Edition customers: there is an email headed your way now with some questions for you about the unannounced Artwork Portfolio. Please email me if you don't see that email soon. Thank you!

Brian
    Filled out the survey! Did you get a consensus?

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my copy of Revival today and it's a wonderful book. Thank you Brian for the obvious love you put into this project and I'm very happy I was able to snag the last one Camelot had for preorder.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats. Still waiting on CD. Books have been sitting there for 30 days.

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think next time (if there is one), I'll order from Camelot too. Live and learn (or not).
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered from Betts was fast and easy.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Congrats. Still waiting on CD. Books have been sitting there for 30 days.

I love CD, and am always happy to give them my money, but in the future I'm definitely going to be dissuaded ordering directly from them. Especially if there's other options out there.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

….. Still waiting on CD. …..

same

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting from PS
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    ….. Still waiting on CD. …..

same
    +1

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Hey guys. Just want to cross post what I posted about CD's copies of Revival on the CD forums for anyone here.

Just a heads up for those of you who ordered this from CD. I don't expect these to be shipping until mid January. This is our last full work week until January 6th and we're still very early in shipping the SB art portfolios. Then we have a real quick grab bag to ship before jumping on Revival.
    I told you guys this wouldn't be shipping until mid January about a month ago. The shipping schedule was full up, and honestly I bumped a book that's been sitting in the warehouse (that nobody knows is here yet) for 2 weeks longer than Revival to move this up the schedule. We can't just drop everything we're doing and switch gears because an other publisher book showed up. I don't think the Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio customers (who have been waiting much longer) would have been very happy with that.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys. Just want to cross post what I posted about CD's copies of Revival on the CD forums for anyone here.

Just a heads up for those of you who ordered this from CD. I don't expect these to be shipping until mid January. This is our last full work week until January 6th and we're still very early in shipping the SB art portfolios. Then we have a real quick grab bag to ship before jumping on Revival.
    I told you guys this wouldn't be shipping until mid January about a month ago. The shipping schedule was full up, and honestly I bumped a book that's been sitting in the warehouse (that nobody knows is here yet) for 2 weeks longer than Revival to move this up the schedule. We can't just drop everything we're doing and switch gears because an other publisher book showed up. I don't think the Sleeping Beauties artwork portfolio customers (who have been waiting much longer) would have been very happy with that.
    As we have officially reached the halfway point of January, I look forward to receiving my shipping notice soon then

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    REVIVAL Lettered Edition customers: there is an email headed your way now with some questions for you about the unannounced Artwork Portfolio. Please email me if you don't see that email soon. Thank you!

Brian
    Filled out the survey! Did you get a consensus?
    Surprisingly, pretty close to one! I will send another update soon with some more news.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Hallelujah! Can I get an AMEN! I received a shipping notice today that is either for THE STAND from PS Publishing or REVIVAL from LetterPress Publications, so I immediately dropped to my knees and began fasting and praying for the good health of the mailman and the excellent maintenance of his or her vehicle to get that sucker to me ASAP. Glory to God and all his angels!

Darn it, now I need to make a sandwich and get some band-aids for my wounded knees. Oh well, can't have everything!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

As we have officially reached the halfway point of January, I look forward to receiving my shipping notice soon then
    Yep. Anyone get a shipping notice (and confirmation it was actually shipped) yet?

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Received my copy of Revival today and it's a wonderful book. Thank you Brian for the obvious love you put into this project and I'm very happy I was able to snag the last one Camelot had for preorder.
    Sorry, I'm not getting email notices for this thread all of a sudden for some reason, so I missed your post. Thank you for the kind words!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Mine came today (from Camelot). It's awesome! Was looking forward to this one for a while, happy to finally have it in my hands!

The stamped cover/interior design/typography/art is really great. Don't know what to say about the François Vaillancourt art except it's amazing. I'm excited to read through all the bonus material. If I had one complaint, I'm not a huge fan of printed marbled endpapers. The design looks cool but it's not super high resolution, it's a little bit blurry.

I really love Revival, and having read it again recently it's fresh in my mind. I'm just really happy to have such a nice version of it. Will post pictures later if people are interested
    Oops, sorry, I missed your post! Thanks for the kind words.

I agree about the printing issue with the endpapers. The proof was crystal clear, but the printer used the wrong version of the file when it came time to actually print the endpapers and no one on their end noticed. By the time I received the final approval copies for the book, all 1500 copies were bound and ready to ship to the slipcase maker, so I decided it was better to keep moving since it wasn't a structural problem or something catastrophic.

All in all, I think things turned out pretty well. This is not the kind of project I would normally have wanted to use as my first project with a new printer -- the first project is usually something super simple to be safe -- but there just wasn't time for that.

I like the idea of using the printed marbled endpapers on the Limited Editions for LetterPress Publications, and I think the printer is going to be super alert from now on about this possible issue, but I am totally open to feedback on that aspect of the book -- and anything else, of course!

Thanks again for the kind words, and the feedback!

Best,
    Brian

P.S. The Lettered Editions will always have real hand-marbled endpapers, just in case anyone was wondering.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

Yep. Anyone get a shipping notice (and confirmation it was actually shipped) yet?

We literally just started shipping them. Packages probably won't even start leaving the building until today or tomorrow.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

I just received my shipping notice! I can't wait to hold this baby in my hands. From the photos I've seen it looks spectacular!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure it's been discussed several times before but what exactly is hand-marbled endpapers? I really like the marbling in any edition of a book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm sure it's been discussed several times before but what exactly is hand-marbled endpapers? I really like the marbling in any edition of a book.
    Take a tray and fill it with water. Take oil based pigments and apply them to the surface of the water. Manipulate the pigments into a pattern by hand. Lay a piece of paper on top of the pigments. The paper will absorb the pigments. Dry the paper. That's basically hand marbling. Printed marbled end papers are just what they sound like. They are printed to simulate hand marbled end papers
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Hand-marbled paper was invented when Frank Zappa accidentally dropped a sheet of paper into his liquid light show vat in 1967. (Not true.)

[IMG][/IMG]

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Search 'hand marbling paper' on you tube. I believe you will find many examples of the process.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think there's a video out there somewhere of the person (woman, I believe) who did the marbling for the rebound It (worth checking out).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Hand-marbled paper was invented when Frank Zappa accidentally dropped a sheet of paper into his liquid light show vat in 1967. (Not true.)
    Mystery solved!

Thanks, Brian and company for the info. I forget the everything can be googled or YouTubed. Old man syndrome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast