30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day

16 53.33%
  • Pulp Fiction

14 46.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - 1990s: Quarterfinal 2 of 4

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Abyss is my #1 film of 1989 and at the very top for the '80s as a whole. And I love T2, I really do. But I feel like personally I find Speed is a better action movie.
    SPEED?!!! LOL Now.. I love Keanu.. but really? Better than T2???????? no way
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As far as Keanu Reeves goes, both The Matrix and John Wick are better action movies than Speed.

The idea that Speed is a better action movie than T2, is at best, deluded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's just an opinion, feel free to disagree. I personally think that the non-stop action in Speed is a lot more exciting than the sporadic sequences in T2. Speed is essentially nothing but action, there are very few pauses or quiet moments. We are almost never not on the bus and the bus is almost never not in motion. That kind of action is not what T2 has, which is also great but in a different way. For pure action I just like Speed more.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Speed?! Yeah you're talking outta your ass now

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not allowed to like Speed? Is that a written or unwritten rule somewhere?

I guess we should go and edit Wikipedia quickly before someone finds out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_...tical_response

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm allowed to call em like I see em

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not allowed to like Speed? Is that a written or unwritten rule somewhere?

I guess we should go and edit Wikipedia quickly before someone finds out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_...tical_response
    Of course your allowed to like Speed over T2. People are wrong all the time

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Abyss is my #1 film of 1989 and at the very top for the '80s as a whole. And I love T2, I really do. But I feel like personally I find Speed is a better action movie.
    Really? Great flick up until
    Spoiler:
    Ed Harris descends into the chasm
    . Have you watching the final 15 minutes lately,
    Spoiler:
    with that fiberglass miniature spaceship
    . You gotta be kidding.

Country
    Country Flag

The abyss part of The Abyss is amazing, one of my favorite scenes or sequences of all time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

YES! T2 IS BACK. JUST LIKE ARNIE!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

No, tied at 12. Not good.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I drove by a Liquid Nitrogen truck on my way to work this morning, and the only thing I could think of was

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I drove by a Liquid Nitrogen truck on my way to work this morning, and the only thing I could think of was

What a scene...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

What a scene...
    You know, obviously I like all the big set pieces and explosions and action and stuff, but what I also admire about T2 is that it's all enhanced by amazing sound design. The T-1000 slowly cracking to bits, the metallic shells of the grenades clanging on the floor, the -blob!- sound when T1K removes the spear from his abdomen. James Cameron is a genius.

Country
    Country Flag

Tied at 13 now.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Crazy. Gonna come down to the wire again.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    T2 to break the tie. It's the pinnacle of everything a 90's film should be.
    Honestly, I think Pulp Fiction has had a larger cultural impact on the 1990s (and beyond) than T2 ever did.
    Yes, tons of filmmakers tried to mimic what Tarantino did in Pulp Fiction. What I mean is the larger than life action hero in the big budget popcorn flick. When I think of the 90's, that's what I think about.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

hey pulp fiction

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Terminator 2: Judgment Day moves on and Pulp Fiction is eliminated.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...Pulp Fiction is eliminated.
    How I have been waiting to read these words.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

hey pulp fiction

LOVE THIS!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2