Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen on HBO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Watchmen on HBO

I know there's lots of Watchmen fans on here.

What did y'all think about the trailer? Excited for the show? Will Lindelof get it right?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure exactly what that was. Are they showing what happens years after the original comic/movie is set or is this just completely changing the story?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what that was. Are they showing what happens years after the original comic/movie is set or is this just completely changing the story?
    Then read this........................................

https://www.aintitcool.com/hbo-relea...atchmen-82125/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very much looking forward to this. And just in case anyone missed it, we have a thread dedicated to DC shows here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...er-DC-TV-shows) Does this really need its own?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did my post help? It apparently takes place after the events of the comic book. Looks really interesting and cool to me.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link. That explains it in part but I am not sure how excited I am about a show based on a Rorshach cult.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link. That explains it in part but I am not sure how excited I am about a show based on a Rorshach cult.
    YW. I'm not trying to sell you on the show or anything, but who knows where they take the story from there? I think the article mentions that super heroes are still illegal and they didn't describe the roles Dr. Manhattan and company will play. I'm going to give it a half dozen episodes or so before I make up my mind FWIW.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited to see the state of affairs in a post Rorschach-journal world.

Also like that Jeremy Irons will be playing an old Ozymandias, you just know he's gonna have a hand in things.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm excited to see the state of affairs in a post Rorschach-journal world.

Also like that Jeremy Irons will be playing an old Ozymandias, you just know he's gonna have a hand in things.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I too am looking forward to see where they go from the original ending.

Does anyone know if the original creator, Alan Moore is involved in some fashion?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. Moore has openly detested any and all adaptations of his works, especially this one.

It's okay, he's not exactly playing with a full deck these days lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what to think. I thought the trailer looked amazing. I had no idea it was Watchmen and I started to make a note to watch it. Then it said Watchmen and I was like shit, now what.

I hated the film, so I'm not sure what to do.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I don't know what to think. I thought the trailer looked amazing. I had no idea it was Watchmen and I started to make a note to watch it. Then it said Watchmen and I was like shit, now what.

I hated the film, so I'm not sure what to do.
    Oh don't worry I'll tell you what to do

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No in all serious tho. Yes, the movie is a shell of the game changing novel it's based on, but there are some tantalizing ways they can continue the story - this is one of them.

Mike, I'd urge you to read the comic if you're stuck between wanting to give the story another chance or not. It's a seminal work of art for many reasons.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No in all serious tho. Yes, the movie is a shell of the game changing novel it's based on, but there are some tantalizing ways they can continue the story - this is one of them.

Mike, I'd urge you to read the comic if you're stuck between wanting to give the story another chance or not. It's a seminal work of art for many reasons.
    Isn't it super long? Ain't nobody got time for that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I read once somewhere that the average reader could finish Watchmen in a little under 8 hours. That's less than a standard season of any given show.

Just sacrifice one of those average shows you seem to watch and read that instead

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think the movie was that bad (I enjoyed it in fact) but the graphic novel is amazing. The prose pieces added in between the graphic chapters really add depth to the story. The movie tried to stay as true as possible except changing the details of Ozymandias' plot but there is just too much detail to fit in a single movie.

The main reason I'm not sure about this show is that Rorshach wasn't my favorite character and the show seems to have some Rorshach worship in it.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Isn't it super long? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    You can watch the motion comic version.

https://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Comp.../dp/B001QFYLJY

One guy narrates the whole thing and it's awesome! It's the entire book. Nothing cut out.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read once somewhere that the average reader could finish Watchmen in a little under 8 hours. That's less than a standard season of any given show.

Just sacrifice one of those average shows you seem to watch and read that instead
    Average shows!?! Which ones? I want names!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damon Lindelof’s ‘Watchmen’ Adaptation Gets Premiere Date From HBO

HBO has set the premiere date for Damon Lindelof’s highly-anticipated adaptation of “Watchmen.”

The series will premiere on Sunday, Oct. 20 at 9 p.m. A week later, “Silicon Valley” will return for its sixth and final season, which will air at 10 p.m.
    Source

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

After the masterpiece that was The Leftovers, I trust Lindelof with anything.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't The Leftovers end on a sour note, creatively speaking?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Not that I'm aware of...
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast