+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disney+

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I don't think Netflix will disappear. But will some people subscribe to Disney+ and cancel Netflix? Absolutely.

The recent trend has been for Netflix to shed even quite successful programs in order to promote the content it makes itself. And you can be sure that Disney won't be making any of its future IP available on Netflix. So Netflix's appeal, while still significant, is waning.

Disney, on the other hand, has scores of already recognizable properties, and is actively producing more - the biggest franchises out there. People will subscribe to Disney+ to get access to that content, potentially doing so in lieu of buying Disney properties on physical media.

Netflix isn't going anywhere. But will they lose subscribers to Disney? You bet.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Demon of the Prim DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all DanHocker is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't think Netflix will disappear. But will some people subscribe to Disney+ and cancel Netflix? Absolutely.

The recent trend has been for Netflix to shed even quite successful programs in order to promote the content it makes itself. And you can be sure that Disney won't be making any of its future IP available on Netflix. So Netflix's appeal, while still significant, is waning.

Disney, on the other hand, has scores of already recognizable properties, and is actively producing more - the biggest franchises out there. People will subscribe to Disney+ to get access to that content, potentially doing so in lieu of buying Disney properties on physical media.

Netflix isn't going anywhere. But will they lose subscribers to Disney? You bet.
    Maybe I just have a different perspective on this. I feel like most people subscribe to Netflix these days for Netflix's original programming, not the 3rd party stuff. That 3rd party stuff just happens to be a bonus. Pretty much the same reason why people subscribe to HBO. I guess what I'm getting at is that I feel like there's room for both, and more specifically I don't really think Disney+ will realistically hurt Netflix's bottom line.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

For the small price per month... I would be doing both. I wonder how many would actually leave Netflix over a few bucks? I doubt not many. More options for things to watch that way. Time wil tell though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2