Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Disney+

http://collider.com/disney-plus-upda...aming-service/
    First thing’s first: Disney+ will launch on November 12, 2019 and will cost $6.99 a month. And it looks like Disney is gonna give you some bang for you bucks (not to mention ensuring themselves a healthy subscriber base) by including content from across the Disney brands, including Walt Disney Animation, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, as well as titles from the recent Fox acquisition. Here are the details
    • Captain Marvel will be available on the service from Day 1.
    • The entire Signature Collection (which includes animated classics like Bambi, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid,) will be available on the day of launch.
    • Live-action Disney films including Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland (2010) will also be available day of launch.
    • All Pixar films will be available within the first year of launch and all Pixar theatrical shorts will be available from Day 1.
    • Disney+ will allow downloading so that all shows and movies on the service can be accessed offline.
    • The service will come with customized settings and individual profiles, including the option to create a custom avatar with characters from the Disney library.
    • Disney plans to roll out the service in “each major region of the world” in the next two years.
    • The series will debut Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary that goes captures the behind-the-scenes process of making the animated film.
    • Disney+ will host a series of Pixar shorts called Forky Asks A Question, based on the new character in Toy Story 4, available on Day 1 of the launch. Bo Peep will also get her own short, titled Lamp Life.
    • The Scarlett Witch and Vision series starring Elizbeth Olsen and Paul Bettany will be called WandaVision.
    • Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan will team for a series titled Falcon and Winter Soldier.
    • Other films set to debut on Disney+ including Timmy Failure from Oscar Winner Tom McCarthy (Spotlight), an Alaskan sled dog adventure titled Togo starring Willem Dafoe, Disney’s live-action remake of Lady and the Tramp, the Christmas comedy Noelle starring Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader, and the Young Adult drama Stargirl based on the best-selling novel of the same name.
    • NatGeo will roll out 250+ hours worth of content at launch, including the 2019 Oscar and BAFTA Best Documentary winner Free Solo.
    • NatGeo’s The World According to Jeff Goldblum will premiere at launch.
    • Over 5000 hours of Disney Channel series and 100 Disney Channel Original Movies will be available at launch, as well as the new High School Musical series, High School Musical: The Musical.
    • The original voice cast of Phineas and Ferb will return for The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title), which will debut exclusively on the streaming service.
    • Former Fox titles including films like The Sound of Music and The Princess Bride will be available, as well as series like Malcolm in the Middle.
    • Disney+ will be the exclusive streaming home for all 30 seasons of The Simpsons.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The $6.99 is a great price for the content they're offering, but it'll probably be up by about 20% after the second year.

I love Disney so I'll probably give this a shot for at least 2 months. If it impresses me I'll keep the subscription. It all depends on whatever new content they create.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

6.99 ain’t bad. Was expecting a higher price point because it’s Disney.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    6.99 ain’t bad. Was expecting a higher price point because it’s Disney.
    This price point is just an entry into the digital space. They'll use it to hook new viewers and steer people towards cancelling their Netflix service.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    steer people towards cancelling their Netflix service.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really tough to say no to $70/year

The Mouse means business

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    steer people towards cancelling their Netflix service.
    Not a ridiculous idea, the way Netflix has been cancelling its content lately.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, it's not really that far fetched. Honestly Netflix's original content is really not all that impressive save for a handful of programming - and some of thsoe they've already cancelled.

Disney has a pedigree and they could potentially entice studios to jettison Netflix and sign deals with them instead.

Netflix is shitting bricks right now, that's for damn sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Disney’s price point is absolutely a shot across the bow at Netflix. They’ve been quietly raising their price a buck or two here and there and now the 10-15 Netflix we pay is gonna look like way too much compared to what you get for $7.

Of course it’s all moot ka is a wheel and someone is just going to bundle all these streams and offer them for $75ish and we’ll be right back to traditional cable model

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I suppose this is a must subscribe for every self respecting grandparent out there. lol lol

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess it's maybe worth it for the existing catalogue. That new content though...you couldn't pay me to watch it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    I think Disney’s price point is absolutely a shot across the bow at Netflix. They’ve been quietly raising their price a buck or two here and there and now the 10-15 Netflix we pay is gonna look like way too much compared to what you get for $7.

Of course it’s all moot ka is a wheel and someone is just going to bundle all these streams and offer them for $75ish and we’ll be right back to traditional cable model

Disney also doesn't have to pay any licensing fees and they can easily afford to make their own content. Netflix couldn't exist as it is on 6.99. I'm amazed it exists as is for what it costs tbh.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Until Disney+ starts producing content that you can only find on Disney+, I don't think Netflix should be concerned.

Having access to Captain Marvel and all of their classic animated films is great, but it's all stuff that people have seen and more than likely already own. As for Marvel films, we know they will be available in theaters. There's only one place you are finding things like Stranger Things and that's on Netflix.

I'm sure Disney will start to roll out original content, but they have to be careful with that too. Spinoffs of current properties will run the risk of feeling like the bargain bin or direct to DVD content we've seen from them for decades.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

For me Disney+ will be just like every other service (except Prime Video). It'll maybe get a month or two at a time before I bounce my subscription over to one of the other services. They way I consume this type of content doesn't really require me to be subscribed to these services constantly. I usually subscribe for a specific show binge the whole season in a week and then I'm basically done with that service until the next specific show I want to see comes out. Prime Video is the only exception, just because it's bundled with Prime.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Spinoffs of current properties will run the risk of feeling like the bargain bin or direct to DVD content we've seen from them for decades.
    This is what the majority of Netflix's original movies are like.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spinoffs of current properties will run the risk of feeling like the bargain bin or direct to DVD content we've seen from them for decades.
    Lol, yeah seriously. I groan when I see new Netflix originals honestly.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't disagree, but at least they are original content and not watered down versions of beloved classics. All you're going to get from Disney+ is shit like Aladdin and the Return of Jafar.

Country
    Country Flag

Disney+ will have originals too, numerous series tied to the MCU, several Star Wars series, etc.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Disney+ will have originals too, numerous series tied to the MCU, several Star Wars series, etc.
    I'm sure they will. What I'm saying is the quality of those tie-ins will determine if the service is worth it.

I'm more interested in seeing if they produce original properties that you can't find in theaters.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that Disney+ will overtake Netflix eventually, but they're still at a disadvantage when it comes to content.

It's taken Netflix years and years to cultivate their selection and user base, that shit just doesn't happen overnight.

Country
    Country Flag

The advantage Disney+ has is branding. They have Marvel, Star Wars, and all the Fox properties now including The Simpsons. Netflix already has plenty of great originals (Stranger Things, for example), but they need to acquire more recognizable brands. They've been buying up lesser known comic properties and they've made a deal to develop Narnia as a series and Cowboy Bebop and The Witcher, and so on, but they do need recognizable brands as well. Like, they could buy, let's say, Sony with their Spider-Man properties. But on the other hand I think Netflix's idea is to have everything for everyone, so there is just tons of original content of all kinds, while Disney's will be very Disney. We won't ever have a Disney+ version of Orange Is the New Black or something.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how Disney approaches their content. Like you said Netflix has everything for everyone.. Disney will probably need to tinker with their formula as all their stuff is tethered around being 'family friendly'.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't disagree, but at least they are original content and not watered down versions of beloved classics. All you're going to get from Disney+ is shit like Aladdin and the Return of Jafar.
    Yeah, I see what you mean with that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

The advantage Disney+ has is branding. They have Marvel, Star Wars, and all the Fox properties now including The Simpsons. Netflix already has plenty of great originals (Stranger Things, for example), but they need to acquire more recognizable brands. They've been buying up lesser known comic properties and they've made a deal to develop Narnia as a series and Cowboy Bebop and The Witcher, and so on, but they do need recognizable brands as well. Like, they could buy, let's say, Sony with their Spider-Man properties. But on the other hand I think Netflix's idea is to have everything for everyone, so there is just tons of original content of all kinds, while Disney's will be very Disney. We won't ever have a Disney+ version of Orange Is the New Black or something.
    I actually don't think Netflix needs the recognizable brands for the reasons you say in the last sentence. On top of that Netflix is a recognizable brand in and of itself. It's pretty much a household name these days. Hulu and Prime Video didn't sink Netflix, I don't think Disney+ will either. That said I think Disney+ might sink Hulu though, just not in the way that we're talking about here. With Disney's purchase of Fox, Disney now owns something like 66% of Hulu. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for Hulu to eventually be fully owned by Disney and just dissolved / merged into Disney+.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast