Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone out there having to deal with this "authorization code" business? Every time I log on (despite having set-up a password for acct.) I have to get a code from my email. Happens when I use different devices as well. Tried contacting Disney by phone & chat but there was 30-90 min wait times!!!!! I thought I did everything I was supposed to do to set up acct, but it makes me re-authorize through email every time I log in!!!! Very frustrating!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have the Disney+/Hulu bundle? That seems like the most likely option for myself because I already have the Hulu subscription.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Is anyone out there having to deal with this "authorization code" business? Every time I log on (despite having set-up a password for acct.) I have to get a code from my email. Happens when I use different devices as well. Tried contacting Disney by phone & chat but there was 30-90 min wait times!!!!! I thought I did everything I was supposed to do to set up acct, but it makes me re-authorize through email every time I log in!!!! Very frustrating!!!!
    Sounds like somehow when you set up your account you enabled 2-Factor authentication. It's a security measure that in probably 10 years time everything online will have. It's to prevent people from stealing your account, because it means they have to steal both the account you are logging into and your email account to gain access. My guess is there's a way to disable 2 factor authentication in your account settings somewhere. Probably under security options or something like that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Sounds like somehow when you set up your account you enabled 2-Factor authentication. It's a security measure that in probably 10 years time everything online will have. It's to prevent people from stealing your account, because it means they have to steal both the account you are logging into and your email account to gain access. My guess is there's a way to disable 2 factor authentication in your account settings somewhere. Probably under security options or something like that.
    Thanks for the reply. It went away on its own, which brings me to a bit of a beef I have with this whole thing offered by, Disney. First off, if you ask me they rushed this to market and didn't have their shit wired for release. I say this for several reasons you guys may feel are petty, but to me, Disney has always been a beacon for professionalism, attention to detail and extremely dependable. Disney + does not feel this way to me. First, there was the issues I described here with the login process. Maybe you may say that was on me, but what was even more distressing was the lack of any real customer service to try to identify and resolve the issue. I could not reach customer service by live chat, telephone or receive a response to my email. Both of the first two options left me on hold or experiencing the proverbial "moving circle" for eternity. There was also the lack of information or disclosure with regard to the content that would be available. The Marvel movie list is one example. I understand the reasons why all 22 films are not immediately available from the streaming service, but they should have properly disclosed that fact. Instead, the marketing lead one to believe you would immediately have access to virtually ALL the Disney content. Also, on "Black Friday" when they released chapter 4 of "The Mandalorian" their streaming site was not set up to handle the what should have been expected heavier than usual traffic. It took me a full hour (at least 25 tries) to hit "Play" and begin to watch the episode!!! I even figured what was happening and thought I'd watch the first 3 while waiting for the site to catch up, but could not gain access to any of these as well. Another thing was that it took four days before the "wish list" function actually worked!!! I'd click to add to wish list, it would respond in the affirmatively yet nothing would in fact appear or actually be added to my wish list.

There were several other issues like those explained above. Now some may say that I am nit picking, but I have come to expect much more from, Disney than other companies. Whether it be their stores, their films, restaurants, features or their parks, Disney always aspired to excellence and generally achieved it. IMHO they failed to achieve that goal with the Disney+ service and initially have grossly disappointed this long time loyal fan/customer.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay I know this isn't going to appeal to anyone who isn't a kid or a kid at heart (like moi), but I am utterly loving Star vs. the Forces of Evil on Disney+. It's zany and funny and colorful and in my mind I want to be Star Butterfly, but then I remember I'm an adult and I get sad.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Continuing in my observation of the shoddy way, Disney rolled out this entire enterprise, while doing a little online Xmas shopping with, Amazon I finally found some "Mandalorian" merchandise. I was amazed to find that "Baby Yoda" and the Nick Nolte character dolls were only available for pre-order. Furthermore, apparently if you order these things they will not be available for delivery until, May 2020!!! I could only find 1 LEGO Mandalorian set that was also a pre-order and BTW (not sure if I mentioned this before) be on alert for Amazon Lego set descriptions modified to read as "Mandalorian" characters/scenarios that are in fact just older Ep. 1-3 toys or "Bobba Fett" toys. I was kinda surprised that Amazon was not or, is falling down on policing these type of listings.

Say what you will about, George Lucas but the man knew how to capitalize on his film's merchandizing!! lol I would have thought that Disney would have had warehouses full of Mandalorian crap well in advance of the just before Christmas release date!!! Come to think of it, I should probably go see what they have for "The Rise of Skywalker" though I did spot a few things while searching for Mandalorian stuff. lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone catch, Baby Yoda on SNL? He had a bitch slap for Baby Groot among other things. It was kinda funny.

Side Note to staff: Okay, what am I doing wrong? I did it the same way I always did, but no embedded video?

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Continuing in my observation of the shoddy way, Disney rolled out this entire enterprise, while doing a little online Xmas shopping with, Amazon I finally found some "Mandalorian" merchandise. I was amazed to find that "Baby Yoda" and the Nick Nolte character dolls were only available for pre-order. Furthermore, apparently if you order these things they will not be available for delivery until, May 2020!!! I could only find 1 LEGO Mandalorian set that was also a pre-order and BTW (not sure if I mentioned this before) be on alert for Amazon Lego set descriptions modified to read as "Mandalorian" characters/scenarios that are in fact just older Ep. 1-3 toys or "Bobba Fett" toys. I was kinda surprised that Amazon was not or, is falling down on policing these type of listings.

Say what you will about, George Lucas but the man knew how to capitalize on his film's merchandizing!! lol I would have thought that Disney would have had warehouses full of Mandalorian crap well in advance of the just before Christmas release date!!! Come to think of it, I should probably go see what they have for "The Rise of Skywalker" though I did spot a few things while searching for Mandalorian stuff. lol
    Supposedly this was a deliberate decision on their part to avoid spoilers leaking. Not sure why they didn't have the non spoilery stuff ready to go, but rest assured it's gonna flood the market soon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

Supposedly this was a deliberate decision on their part to avoid spoilers leaking. Not sure why they didn't have the non spoilery stuff ready to go, but rest assured it's gonna flood the market soon
    Doesn't make a whole lotta sense in that there has been ample time to avoid spoilers and still have stuff out on the market. We'll see I guess, but its the 15th of the month already.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also a little surprised that there hasn't been much discussion regarding "Baby Yoda". I'd like to see the series return to the BY story. What's his deal? Who's the parents? Are his species born with the force? What does this mean in the canon of the films? etc. etc.

Wikipedia says this about him:

[Jedi Master Yoda is amongst the oldest, most stoic and most powerful known Jedi Masters in the Star Wars universe. Series creator George Lucas opted to have many details of the character's life history remain unknown. Yoda's race and home world have not been named in any official media, canonical or otherwise, and he is merely said to be of a "species unknown" by the Star Wars Databank. Yoda's characteristic speech patterns have been analyzed and discussed by academic syntacticians, who found it somewhat inconsistent, but could extrapolate that it has object–subject–verb word order[16] making it anastrophe.

The films and Expanded Universe reveal that he had a hand in training almost every Jedi Master in the galaxy. In the Star Wars prequel films, he instructs several younglings in the Jedi Temple before they are assigned to a master. In The Empire Strikes Back he mentions that he had been training Jedi "for 800 years", which means he must have been a Master Jedi for quite some time before that.]

Given BY's projected life span, he sure looks like the last Jedi to me since he will surpass the Skywalker's in the universe. One would assume he could restart the order on his own if he desired and speaking of which why wasn't he involved when, Luke tried to revive the order with, Kylo? Who or what want him dead in the Mandalorian story? Lot's of questions , little answers so far. no? Surely you folks have theories/thoughts on Baby Yoda and the questions that go with him, no?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This would probably be more for the Star Wars thread, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Side Note to staff: Okay, what am I doing wrong? I did it the same way I always did, but no embedded video?
    Just need to make sure you delete the s in https.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    This would probably be more for the Star Wars thread, though.
    Feel free to move it, Mae. BTW thx for the tip!!!

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah!!!! Mae, tell us more. What was that snippet about the Falcon and the Winter Soldier? Did I get that right? What's the scoop?

Country
    Country Flag

Just that it's coming this year, as well as WandaVision.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, man I'm so disappointed in you. You're usually so well informed!!! What's next? Cats sleeping with dogs? Bears shitting anywhere BUT the woods? A Jewish Pope?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how and where they're going to reintroduce Vision into the MCU timeline?

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, man I'm so disappointed in you. You're usually so well informed!!! What's next? Cats sleeping with dogs? Bears shitting anywhere BUT the woods? A Jewish Pope?
    I'm sorry!

As soon as know more I will send out an alert here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I have to say that I continue to be surprised and a bit disappointed at the Disney+ channel. I mean don't get me wrong it's very cool to have all that movie content in one place, but I would have thought that they would have more new content like "The Mandalorian all set to be streaming by now or even the initial "Go Live" date. I mean look how HBO/showtime/starz rolls out 10-12 or so new shows/seasons regularly. Doesn't seem to be much excuse either as they have their own Movie Studio and what not. They should have been much more ready with content to go live with IMHO. Don't you guys agree?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree. Haven’t been on it in awhile as a result
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Disney plus is total crap. Sorry.... I won’t renew this again. They need to get this going.... one watchable show produced so far since inception.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Disney plus is total crap. Sorry.... I won’t renew this again. They need to get this going.... one watchable show produced so far since inception.
    Yea. Just sign up again when The Mandalorian returns and dump it after.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

There's plenty of other content, too, it's not just one show.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's plenty of other content, too, it's not just one show.
    However... you missed the keyword needed: good. There is only one good show so far and that’s MANDALORIAN
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast