Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Disney+

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Can we refocus this debate on the really pejorative part where somebody wished Merlin's grandkids would grow up to be Red Sox fans?!?
    God forbid that ever happens!! If it did I would have to send them to live with you in your shed or something!!! Fortunately, Grandpa has taught them well and they are both avid, Yankee fans!!! They both love, Judge.

Satisfied????? lol lol lol

Wait a minute! At your age, wouldn't your grandkids be in their 20's?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Can we refocus this debate on the really pejorative part where somebody wished Merlin's grandkids would grow up to be Red Sox fans?!?
    God forbid that ever happens!! If it did I would have to send them to live with you in your shed or something!!! Fortunately, Grandpa has taught them well and they are both avid, Yankee fans!!! They both love, Judge.

Satisfied????? lol lol lol

Wait a minute! At your age, wouldn't your grandkids be in their 20's?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

May I solicit a little help from some of you more "Tech" oriented folks out there?

I watch my streaming apps on my TV. I have a firestick to do this with. The other day, my internet went down for an hour or so. When it came back all the apps worked fine except for Disney+. Now, I can access, DTV on my laptop but I keep getting an error code (42 I think it was) trying to view DTV thru the firestick and my TV. Everything else works fine and the hi-speed internet connection is working fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get the DTV app working again? I was so looking forward to watching the Obi-Wan dinale and a rewatch of Dr. Strange but had to watch them on my laptop. Of course, DTV doesn't offer any telephone based help only FAQ. I'm an old fart what can I say. One DTV suggestion was to pull the firestick and re-insert it but, I'm worried I'll lose passwords fr the other apps and getting them again would be a real chore. I pay for Amazon and Disney, my daughter pays for Netflix, my son pays for Apple TV and Directv is just too much of a complicated issue to risk losing the PW. It's a whole thing with AT&T/Directv and my phone acct. Trust me you don't want to know the PITA that was to finally get right!!

HELP!!!???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Wild Bill,

I have a firestick too, and sometimes I run into the same issues. If you go into your app menu, you can find and highlight Disney +, or your DTV app. It should give you various options, but if you click "force close" and "clear cache" it usually does the job.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you. Ill give it a try!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have one of those 3-year promos at $140 that was given out before the launch and it should renew at the old price, before the increase.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

I have one of those 3-year promos at $140 that was given out before the launch and it should renew at the old price, before the increase.
    Same here - we will see
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got my Disney+ renewal email - annual subscription for $79.99 or about $6.66/month - so I still guess that is a pretty decent price. So I updated my payment info on the website (stuff changes in 3 years) - and the renewal subscription price on my account says $69.99 annually - so we will see. Then they offer the bundle with HULU for $13.99/month. Not gonna switch - just stay at the lower price and then see what I am billed and where it goes next year.

Hopefully add free and still better than $10.99/mo
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone here get a Disney Mystery Box? Apparently it was offered to those who extended their yearly contract...

My boss and her fam got one, there was some cool stuff in there!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Disney+ is asking their subscribers to identify their genders. Not for kids under 13 and you can opt out but the reasoning is weird to me.
    Why does Disney+ need my birthdate and gender?
    The real reason is advertising.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Disney+ is asking their subscribers to identify their genders. Not for kids under 13 and you can opt out but the reasoning is weird to me.
    Why does Disney+ need my birthdate and gender?
    The real reason is advertising.
    It’s all about the data.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap, it's all about the data. They want to know how to market their future products and ads.

It's still weird as hell though.

Country
    Country Flag

Makes sense if it's the ad version, but useless if it's the regular version.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like my cost will double to stay ad-free.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

With a date of birth, full name, and gender, there's usually enough information to find a customer's public identity and record - date of birth, legal name, marital status, history of residence addresses, outstanding liens, homes purchased or rented, etc. They can then connect your viewing history to your public identity, and sell that information as market data. Buyers of that information can correlate that viewing data with data they get from other companies, also tied to your public identity.

So these simple pieces of information form an anchor point to which all data tracked about you across multiple platforms can be tied, increasing the market value of that data.

Even if Disney don't advertise to you personally, your viewing data is worth more to the companies they sell it to, if they can tie it unambiguously to your identity.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My $140 promo for three years expired and was renewed at $80, instead of the $70 it was supposed to be

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    My $140 promo for three years expired and was renewed at $80, instead of the $70 it was supposed to be
    Bummer for sure.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9