Early in my career I worked in the operations division of several major banks and brokers. I graduated to a Financial Consultant, which is similar to our own Gunslinger for the financial brokers operations areas. Even later, I started my own consulting agency sending Financial Gunslingers all over Wall Street and country in all sorts of disciplines including our beloved government.

All of which is to say that I am very familiar with "The Street" as it was once known and many of its products and instruments. So it should be no surprise that I thoroughly enjoy shows concerning Wall Street and the way it operates. I was around for the "Wolf". loved the Oliver Stone entry and enjoyed "Too Big to Fail amongst others. However, I think my very favorite show of this type is HBO's series "Billions"!!!!

Tonight's episode was especially good IMHO which prompted this thread. Billions is now in it's 3rd season and follows the fortunes of Wall St. Wiz, Bobby Axelrod and his firm, Axe Capital and the career of U.S. Attorney, Chuck Rhoades who is generally trying to prosecute him. I don't want to spoil anything, but the show manages to constantly shift alliances, objectives, characters and various plots to keep it fresh and interesting and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone who has HBO or access to it.

I don't want to speak further for chance to spoil anything. I will say that while some of the plot points can be easily seen coming, the funky and fresh dialogue and acting makes it a very small point. Additionally, the show focus's primarily on New York State (of which I am a 45 year former resident) and not only includes financial plots, but delves into all the state has to offer. Cuisine, decadent services, architecture and life style to name a few. Give it a try. Each season typically deals with one major issue throughout its 10 episodes, but incorporates multiple gambits, characters, alliances and betrayals. There's a very good chance that if you give it 3-4 episodes you'll be hooked and looking for compatriots at the water cooler to discuss it with.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, criticisms and speculations here.