Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare and Promotional Stephen King Items

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I plan on being at Blockbuster as soon as I can on the 25th. I'd like one of those globes.

John
    Same, I hope they last until lunchtime, as that's the fastest I'll be able to get to a blockbuster,
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A very poor auction -- no description and it looks at first like you're paying $1000 for a DVD + $100 shipping!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The 25th? As in March 25th? Like, today?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, today.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John. Anyone pick one up yet? There's more than one per store, correct? I think I'll have to go stop by my local Blockbuster...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to go to two stores--each store got three, but all three arrived broken at the first store I went to. The second store had all three. Sir Boomme said the Blockbuster in his area got six. You have to buy the movie to get the globe. I bought the movie, but then discovered that I bought the single-disc version. I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can swap it out for the two-disc edition.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again, John. If only I can corral my kids into the car (it's their spring break)... It's like herding cats these days.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, but you have motivation. You'll find a way.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to go to two stores--each store got three, but all three arrived broken at the first store I went to. The second store had all three. Sir Boomme said the Blockbuster in his area got six. You have to buy the movie to get the globe. I bought the movie, but then discovered that I bought the single-disc version. I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can swap it out for the two-disc edition.

John
    The Blockbuster I was at only had the single-disc edition, and that's all they carried. He said it would be the same for the other stores in the area as they all buy the same stuff. I'm not sure I believe him, but I bought it anyway.

There were four globes at my location, and mine was fine.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Geoff.

I'll let you all know tomorrow if I was successful in getting a two-disc version.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up two.
    My Blockbuster received 4 globes, but only the single disc versions.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For once, the time delay of being on the West Coast actually helped. Just after 10am, I was only the second customer and the first to buy The Mist. They only had the single disc version - based on comments in this thread, I'm thinking the two-disc set has not yet been released.

Our local store had 4 globes. I bought 3 movies, each with a snowglobe.

Our real camera is not here, so here are lousy cellphone versions:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How cool! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So are the non-U.S. collectors here getting any of these globes anywhere?

Brice, you're a collector of all things King promo. Did you pick one up today?

I'll be going to work this afternoon, so I'll be in a different town in a couple hours. I can stop by that city's Blockbuster to see if they have any globes, if anyone who doesn't have access already is interested.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    well... i got one movie/1 globe... though they had all six still.
    the movie is the single disc.... that's all blockbuster has for sell. the 2 disc version with the stephen king interview is out.... but it is only available for rental at this time, i'm sure that ove a period of time as the rentals go down, the surplus rental tapes will be offered for sell as "previously previewed" (aka. used) versions

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

John
    well... i got one movie/1 globe... though they had all six still.
    the movie is the single disc.... that's all blockbuster has for sell. the 2 disc version with the stephen king interview is out.... but it is only available for rental at this time, i'm sure that ove a period of time as the rentals go down, the surplus rental tapes will be offered for sell as "previously previewed" (aka. used) versions

BTW....my opinion... the globes are a bit cheesy. not really worth the 23.00 movie price unless you were going to buy the movie anyways.
    after opening the box i was a bit disappointed in the quality....seems they could have found a better artist to do the interior globe "sculpture" and i use that term with reservations. ( i know i could have done a hell of a lot better.)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish they could have put a few more spiders that float around inside, too.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So are the non-U.S. collectors here getting any of these globes anywhere?

Brice, you're a collector of all things King promo. Did you pick one up today?

I'll be going to work this afternoon, so I'll be in a different town in a couple hours. I can stop by that city's Blockbuster to see if they have any globes, if anyone who doesn't have access already is interested.

Yeah, Patrick I got one. My local Blockbuster had four and still had them all when I got there about 1PM.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I'm not even in this loop! I didnt know that this was happening, I love
    snow globes, and wanted to buy this film anyway, I wonder if I could get to
    Gainesville, I should call the Blockbuster first....oh boy I tell the truth, I am
    just not with it when it comes to "being in the know". Oh well, maybe its not too late. I hope I can get one. *goes to make the call*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh the funny thing about collecting is that everyone's tastes run differently. I read through this thread and say to myself "they paid good money for THAT?" Promo items generally just don't float my boat, but for you all that just means is one less competitor.

Glad you all are excited about your items. THAT FEELING I can relate to!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Ahhhhh the funny thing about collecting is that everyone's tastes run differently. I read through this thread and say to myself "they paid good money for THAT?" Promo items generally just don't float my boat, but for you all that just means is one less competitor.

Glad you all are excited about your items. THAT FEELING I can relate to!
    Make that two less competitors out there!

While promtional items do indeed float my boat, I am only interested in US BOOK promotional items.

I too can relate to feeling excited about a new purchase, so congrats and enjoy!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I usually only go after book promotional items too, but these globes just "struck my fancy" so I had to have one. The only other movie promos I have is that I have all four colors of dreamcatchers sent out for the movie of Dreamcatcher.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have grabbed one if there was a Blockbuster within 30 miles of my current location.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast