Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament: Overall Event Overview

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Oh, Das Boat. I may have forgot to put that on my list. Great film.
    There goes one of my 50!
    It was on my list. I just forgot that I had it on there.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Raiders is great. But that year we also had Das Boot, so...
    Das a no Mae. Lol. We do have Empire but I’m betting Raiders will take too prize. My top 10 from the decade are: Top Gun, Goonies, Raiders, Temple of Doom, Terminator, Back to Future, Ghostbusters, Return of the Jedi, Beverly Hills cop, Die Hard and with many that are very close. It’s the decade that got me introduced to movies but I was so young only so many stuck. Our final top 25 I’m going to watch the ones I have not seen. There is probably a few!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Top 10? Really? Goonies? Temple of Doom? Jedi and the Ewoks (ugh!)?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Announcement: I'm here to publicly eat my words, eat crow, w/e. I've often lambasted the 80's for all the schlock it produced, but looking through these lists you provided - holy shit there were also a lot of amazing films in the 80's. Some of my favorite films are on here and there's plenty more that I've forgotten about over the years and plenty more I'm hopeful to discover for the first time.

I'm excited to talk about a lot of these and give them their due in the tournament!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Announcement: I'm here to publicly eat my words, eat crow, w/e. I've often lambasted the 80's for all the schlock it produced, but looking through these lists you provided - holy shit there were also a lot of amazing films in the 80's. Some of my favorite films are on here and there's plenty more that I've forgotten about over the years and plenty more I'm hopeful to discover for the first time.

I'm excited to talk about a lot of these and give them their due in the tournament!
    Yeah, good point. It's certainly true that the 80s produced a lot of popular mainstream fare, but there's a lot of really good thought-provoking films in there as well. Unfortunately, the 80s kid in me wasn't watching Raging Bull until I got to college. I sure as hell watched the shit out of Red Dawn and Commando though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Das a no Mae. Lol. We do have Empire but I’m betting Raiders will take too prize. My top 10 from the decade are: Top Gun, Goonies, Raiders, Temple of Doom, Terminator, Back to Future, Ghostbusters, Return of the Jedi, Beverly Hills cop, Die Hard and with many that are very close. It’s the decade that got me introduced to movies but I was so young only so many stuck. Our final top 25 I’m going to watch the ones I have not seen. There is probably a few!

Like I said.
    I was a kid.... born in 76’ and those movies I loved. Temple of Doom I loved so much it’s my fav Indy movie. And in my top 10 of all time. We don’t have to all like the same movies.... I think the passion and desire for a movie and the mark it leaves is how each of us interact with it. Either on a personal level that resonates with you or something going on in your life. I was so impressionable then, with such a large imagination... some of those movies I felt a part of. I love to travel man... I mean LOVE to. I think the adventure part of that comes from my love for those style movies. I think that’s where it started.... Hope that makes sense

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I said.
    I was a kid.... born in 76’ and those movies I loved. Temple of Doom I loved so much it’s my fav Indy movie. And in my top 10 of all time. We don’t have to all like the same movies.... I think the passion and desire for a movie and the mark it leaves is how each of us interact with it. Either on a personal level that resonates with you or something going on in your life. I was so impressionable then, with such a large imagination... some of those movies I felt a part of. I love to travel man... I mean LOVE to. I think the adventure part of that comes from my love for those style movies. I think that’s where it started.... Hope that makes sense

I agree with everything you say. I was born in 1964, which is why I hold so much reverence for films of the 70s. I love all of the films you noted by the way, especially Die Hard, which was a game changer in the action movie. I gotta say though, that Short Round got to me in a similar way that Jar Jar Binks did - George Lucas...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said.

I agree with everything you say. I was born in 1964, which is why I hold so my reverence for films of the 70s. I love all of the films you noted by the way, especially Die Hard, which was a game changer in the action movie. I gotta say though, that Short Round got to me in a similar way that Jar Jar Binks did - George Lucas...
    Lol! Really? Omf short round made it for me! I LOVED the cast. Haha

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still finding Scorsese films I don't own. In honor of our 80's tournament, I picked up Age of Innocence.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm still finding Scorsese films I don't own. In honor of our 80's tournament, I picked up Age of Innocence.
    Scorsese once described this film as being the most violent film he had ever made. The power of words is on full display here. A great film.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since the nominating process has slowed a bit, should we change the waiting period for noms from five to four, perhaps?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I was just thinking that exact same thing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Think that should be fine, I've pretty much nominated everything I want to nominate anyway.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, sounds good. We'll officially change the waiting period from five nominations to four for the rest of the process.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm out of ones I want to nominate too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just have cheesy personal favorite films left, and I won't bore everyone with those
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just have cheesy personal favorite films left, and I won't bore everyone with those
    thanks

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    thanks
    Hey, I think there's at least one in the bunch that you like

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk

Do it. I'll vote her all the way just based off the size of her... personality.

And done. You don't have to twist my arm. I've seen that movie a thousand times. Me and my sister used to watch that all the time when we were little

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Why I didn't nominate this scene during the Movie Scene Tournament, I will never know....
    Spoiler

Oh man, you should have

I know!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In the meantime, if you guys could go watch Diner and then give it a second, that would be great.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There is still some great stuff out there!!! Dig deep.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And done. You don't have to twist my arm. I've seen that movie a thousand times. Me and my sister used to watch that all the time when we were little
    I never got around to watching it this Halloween, but have it on the list for next year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast