Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Demon of the Prim amd013 is a glorious beacon of light amd013 is a glorious beacon of light amd013 is a glorious beacon of light amd013 is a glorious beacon of light amd013 is a glorious beacon of light amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    All right, how about Clear and Present Danger
    Been debating about nominating this one, so will go ahead and Second it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606. (could just trade limitation sheets).

Maerlyn's Imp Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode is a glorious beacon of light Iwritecode's Avatar

So back when VHS tapes were a thing, my dad figured out how to connect two VCRs together and we would rent tapes from the video store and record them onto blank tapes. We could typically get about 3 movies onto one tape.

I had a VCR in my room so I would sit in my room and watch them over and over again. This movie was on a tape with 2 other movies (although I don't remember which ones) and I must've watched it 100 times. Although I'm not really sure what it is that I like about this movie. I didn't care the for the first one. I'm not a big fan of Whoopi and I'm not religious at all. To this day I will still stop and watch this movie on TV when I happen to run across it.

Anyway, onto the nomination. Featuring a younger, less famous Jennifer Love Hewitt and a pre-Fugees Lauren Hill.

Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993)
    Bill Duke

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will nominate

Tremors 1990

https://youtu.be/liJfZvXdiTE

S'all good, man! T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

9800 Montgomery Boulevard, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #46

"Imagine a giant cockroach, with unlimited strength, a massive inferiority complex, and a real short temper, is tear-assing around Manhattan island in a brand new Edgar suit. That sound like fun?"

Film: Men in Black
    Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
    Year: 1997
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    The Winner Takes It All,
    The Loser Better Call Saul.

S'all good, man! T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47 has a reputation beyond repute T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

9800 Montgomery Boulevard, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I will nominate

Tremors 1990

https://youtu.be/liJfZvXdiTE
    SECONDED.
    The Winner Takes It All,
    The Loser Better Call Saul.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #46

"Imagine a giant cockroach, with unlimited strength, a massive inferiority complex, and a real short temper, is tear-assing around Manhattan island in a brand new Edgar suit. That sound like fun?"

Film: Men in Black
    Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    Seconded!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Green Card (1990)
    Peter Weir

Watch trailer:

Nevermore Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Ed Wood
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second The Piano.

All Might fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful

Nomination #2

Film: Funny Games
    Director: Michael Haneke

Spoiler:
    Never fear, for I am here!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Country
    Country Flag

Love both versions, wish I could second.

Nevermore Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Naked Lunch.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

Country
    Country Flag

And now I can second Funny Games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23