Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #56

"There are two things that are infinite: femininity and means to take advantage of it."

Film: La Femme Nikita
    Director: Luc Besson
    Year: 1990

Videos to follow, as still at work....
    Seconded, precursor to Leon

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think I nominated this for one of our other tournaments and it didn't do very well, but I'm going to throw it out there again anyway. I've always enjoyed this movie.

Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
    Steven Zaillian

Trailer:
    Spoiler:

movie clip (possible spoilers since I think it's one of the last scenes of the movie):
    Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Sweet Hereafter (1997)
    Atom Egoyan

Watch trailer:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Sweet Hereafter (1997)
    Atom Egoyan

Watch trailer:
    Second
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    My new nomination is Sling Blade
    HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD SECOND! LOVED THIS FILM!
    We'll count that now.

Country
    Country Flag

Just six to go.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do we still have spots left?

If so I nominate...

The Man in the Moon
    Dir: Robert Mulligan
    Trailer
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I have SLing Blade seconded now? ??
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I have SLing Blade seconded now? ??
    It's been counted, see above.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bowfinger (1999)

Director: Frank Oz

Spoiler:

Second Kingpin
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Five.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone rewatched (or watched for the first time) any nominated titles because of this tournament? I caught a few movies on TV and watched a bunch of clips on YouTube, and watched Beautiful Girls that Heather nominated, and enjoyed it greatly.

I've got about 30 2018 films to watch before I get around to this tournament. Hosting it during Oscar season doesn't help me watch movies from this.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Raise the Red Lantern (1991)
    Zhang Yimou

Watch video, since the trailer is kinda awful:
    Like all films directed by Zhang Yimou, this has absolutely stunning visuals. An easy SECOND.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have made no fewer than 57 nominations so far in this process and spectacularly, they have ALL been seconded.

As such, I will abstain from nominating any further movies, in order to allow other members to take the remaining slots.

I will however, continue to second movies that are appropriate.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe nobody nominated Demolition Man.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have made no fewer than 57 nominations so far in this process and spectacularly, they have ALL been seconded.

As such, I will abstain from nominating any further movies, in order to allow other members to take the remaining slots.
    He says after we're at 251 movies lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

He says after we're at 251 movies lol.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Time to change your name to T-Dogz_AK57

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Encino Man (1992)
    director: Les Mayfield

Spoiler:

wheeze the juice!
    Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Ma vie en rose (1997)
    Alain Berliner

Watch trailer:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

i nominate thunderheart

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

I nominate, Gattaca.
    Dir. Andrew Niccol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I nominate, Gattaca.
    Dir. Andrew Niccol
    Already on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I nominate, Gattaca.
    Dir. Andrew Niccol
    Already on the list.
    Soz.... Didn't realise Gattaca was already in.....
    In that case I would like to nominate, City Slickers, 1991, dir. Ron Underwood.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Kiss The Girls (1997)
    Director: Gary Fleder

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast