Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Mae, you've got a lot of lite indie films on your list that I love. And you reminded me of a bunch I want to nominate know

Heavenly Creatures
    Dir: Peter Jackson

Trailer
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Mae, you've got a lot of lite indie films on your list that I love. And you reminded me of a bunch I want to nominate know
    My love with indies began in the early '90s watching the then-new IFC channel religiously.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #17

Miller's Crossing
    Dir: Coen Brothers
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #53

"You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly; people of all colors and races believing in One God and one humanity."

Film: Malcolm X
    Director: Spike Lee
    Year: 1992
    Spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nomination #17

Miller's Crossing
    Dir: Coen Brothers
    I'm gonna Second this, as it was going to be my next nomination.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #53

"You may be shocked by these words, but I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass and prayed to the same God with fellow Muslims whose eyes were blue, whose hair was blond and whose skin was the whitest of whites. And we are brothers, truly; people of all colors and races believing in One God and one humanity."

Film: Malcolm X
    Director: Spike Lee

Videos to follow, as still at work....
    I second this

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I second Three Colors: White.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The Mighty Ducks (1992)
    Stephen Herek

Ducks fly together!
    Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Slacker (1990)
    Richard Linklater

Watch video:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The Mighty Ducks (1992)
    Stephen Herek

Ducks fly together!
    Spoiler:
    Second
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

And I'll second Heavenly Creatures.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I will second The Adams Family.

Country
    Country Flag

And that's 226. Thirty to go!

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #54

"Oh, hell, no. You didn't just touch my goddamn radio."

Film: Rush Hour
    Director: Brett Ratner
    Year: 1998
    Spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #54

"Oh, hell, no. You didn't just touch my goddamn radio."

Film: Rush Hour
    Director: Brett Ratner
    Year: 1998

Videos to follow, as still at work....
    I second this

My Mood
    Cool

I nominate La haine
    a foreign entry

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I nominate Breakdown. One I forgot about but really liked.
    I will gladly SECOND this.

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate La haine
    a foreign entry
    I will certainly second this too when I can....

Country
    Country Flag

Singles seconded.

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

I would like to nominate one my favourite, put-it-on-and-be-entertained action films...

Film: Under Siege
    Dir: Andrew Davis

Quote:
    [Krill reads his personal file while he is still dressed as a drag queen]

Commander Krill: Listen to the s**t I've had to put up with: "In the past few weeks, Commander Krill has become increasingly hostile to the crew, possibly due to anger over my last reviews of his performance. I recommend he be given a psychological evaluation before taking over his next ASSIGNMENT!"
    [slams file on table]

Commander Krill: Do I look like I need a psychological evaluation?

William Strannix: Not at all.

Commander Krill: ...I gotta change.

classic... In my humble opinion

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate La haine
    a foreign entry
    SECONDED.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #12

Enemy of the State
    Tony Scott
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #11

The Frighteners
    Seconded! Love this film!

Judge: When a man's jawbone drops off it's time to reassess the situation.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Little Giants (1994)
    Duwayne Dunham

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #12

Enemy of the State
    Tony Scott
    Seconded

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast