Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #45

"Don't break gas and destroy our meal."

Film: The Nutty Professor
    Director: Tom Shadyac
    Year: 1996
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    Oooh yes! Seconded

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #10:

Air Force One
    Dir: Wolfgang Petersen
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was just doing some searching around and realized that there are a handful of sports movies that I didn't have on my list that I had somehow completely forgotten about. I know we have A League of Their Own already in but there are at least 4 other baseball movies that have not been mentioned yet.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Nomination #10:

Air Force One
    Dir: Wolfgang Petersen
    YES SECOND!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I was just doing some searching around and realized that there are a handful of sports movies that I didn't have on my list that I had somehow completely forgotten about. I know we have A League of Their Own already in but there are at least 4 other baseball movies that have not been mentioned yet.
    And my favorite basketball movie of all-time as well!

There's also a hugely popular comedy with Bill Murray missing that happens to also star an actor who is in the basketball movie I mentioned.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Titus (1999)
    Julie Taymor

Watch trailer:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #49

"The best way to beat the opponent is to do it with a gun. The goal of Kung Fu is to maximize one's energy and to develop a higher physical level. To achieve that, you must understand life and the universe. Never forget that."

Film: Fist of Legend
    Director: Gordon Chan
    Year: 1994

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    And my favorite basketball movie of all-time as well!

There's also a hugely popular comedy with Bill Murray missing that happens to also star an actor who is in the basketball movie I mentioned.
    I can't believe I forgot about that movie as well. I'm assuming this is the basketball movie you are referring to?

White Men Can't Jump (1992)
    Ron Shelton

Spoiler:

Classic scene that a friend of mine and I re-created in my driveway about 100 times:
    Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since we are remembering sports movies, I will nominate:

Tin Cup (1996)
    Ron Shelton

"Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you're not good at them."

And since this tournament can use more Kevin Costner, I second Waterworld.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe I forgot about that movie as well. I'm assuming this is the basketball movie you are referring to?

White Men Can't Jump (1992)
    Ron Shelton

Spoiler:

Classic scene that a friend of mine and I re-created in my driveway about 100 times:
    Spoiler:

Indeed! I second White Men Can't Jump.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about

Flatliners (1990)

https://youtu.be/g5LvPsEBRZI

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    How about

Flatliners (1990)

https://youtu.be/g5LvPsEBRZI
    I thought that was already nominated and I was going to do it also. So I second this.

Along the Path of the Beam Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about Red_Balloon has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #49

"The best way to beat the opponent is to do it with a gun. The goal of Kung Fu is to maximize one's energy and to develop a higher physical level. To achieve that, you must understand life and the universe. Never forget that."

Film: Fist of Legend
    Director: Gordon Chan
    Year: 1994

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    T-Dogz_AK47 has reminded me of this cracker from 1993. Seconded. In-turn would like to nominate the phenomenal, Legend 1993; also staring the immutable Jet Li. Dir: Corey Yuen

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But I'm a Cheerleader (1999)
    Jamie Babbit

Watch trailer:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This has always been a personal favorite of mine. I'm not sure how many people have seen it.

Nomination #16

Toy Soldiers
    Dir: Daniel Petrie Jr.

Watch Trailer (No Spoiler)

Is anyone opposed to me posting the remaining films on my list? I know some people have run out of films, but by seeing lists from others, it might remind them of a few films. There are 2 Coen Brothers films I'm shocked haven't been nominated yet.

Country
    Country Flag

I will second The Mask and that makes 216 seconded titles and now 40 remain. Choose wisely.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I will second The Mask and that makes 216 seconded titles and now 40 remain. Choose wisely.
    Thoughts on me posting my list of remaining films?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I for one am far from scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm about halfway through my barrel. I have at least two or three dozen great films left to nominate. How many do you have?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Thoughts on me posting my list of remaining films?
    I’m game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I for one am far from scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm about halfway through my barrel. I have at least two or three dozen great films left to nominate. How many do you have?
    Looks like 27

Miller's Crossing
    Barton Fink
    Kingpin
    Hoop Dreams
    Courage Under Fire
    Paradise Lost
    Man Bites Dog
    Demolition Man
    Cliffhanger
    Kindergarten Cop
    Gremlins 2
    Memphis Belle
    City Slickers
    Navy Seals
    Arachnophobia
    Radio Flyer
    New Jack City
    Alive
    This Boy's Life
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    Congo
    Executive Decision
    Breakdown
    Enemy at the State
    Rush Hour
    The Good Son
    The Rainmaker

Country
    Country Flag

Some of those are on my list, too. I'm not sure about documentaries though. It was never explicitly stated but this tournament is meant for fictional narrative features.

Country
    Country Flag

If the nominations really slow down, we can lower the waiting period like we've done in the past.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of those are on my list, too. I'm not sure about documentaries though. It was never explicitly stated but this tournament is meant for fictional narrative features.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about documentaries. I figured I'd throw them on there just in case.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sleepers (1996)
    Director: Barry Levinson

Spoiler:
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some off my list, I'll hide it under spoilers:

Spoiler:
    1. An Angel at My Table (1990)
    2. Awakenings (1990)
    3. Darkman (1990)
    4. Days of Being Wild (1990)
    5. Dreams (1990)
    6. Henry & June (1990)
    7. Journey of Hope (1990)
    8. Ju Dou (1990)
    9. Life Is Sweet (1990)
    10. Postcards from the Edge (1990)
    11. Problem Child (1990)
    12. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990)
    13. Slacker (1990)
    14. Father of the Bride (1991)
    15. Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
    16. Little Man Tate (1991)
    17. My Own Private Idaho (1991)
    18. Regarding Henry (1991)
    19. The Double Life of Véronique (1991)
    20. The Rocketeer (1991)
    21. 1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)
    22. Basic Instinct (1992)
    23. Bob Roberts (1992)
    24. Candyman (1992)
    25. Death Becomes Her (1992)
    26. Howards End (1992)
    27. Like Water for Chocolate (1992)
    28. Malcolm X (1992)
    29. Single White Female (1992)
    30. Stay Tuned (1992)
    31. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993)
    32. Fearless (1993)
    33. Fire in the Sky (1993)
    34. Grumpy Old Men (1993)
    35. Money for Nothing (1993)
    36. Six Degrees of Separation (1993)
    37. Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
    38. So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)
    39. Three Colors: Blue (1993)
    40. What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
    41. Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
    42. Greedy (1994)
    43. Heavenly Creatures (1994)
    44. Interview with the Vampire (1994)
    45. Junior (1994)
    46. Legends of the Fall (1994)
    47. Reality Bites (1994)
    48. Serial Mom (1994)
    49. Sister My Sister (1994)
    50. Stargate (1994)
    51. Swimming with Sharks (1994)
    52. The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994)
    53. Angels and Insects (1995)
    54. Dead Presidents (1995)
    55. Dolores Claiborne (1995)
    56. Four Rooms (1995)
    57. Ghost in the Shell (1995)
    58. Institute Benjamenta (1995)
    59. Now and Then (1995)
    60. Safe (1995)
    61. The Quick and the Dead (1995)
    62. Albino Alligator (1996)
    63. Breaking the Waves (1996)
    64. Conspirators of Pleasure (1996)
    65. Crash (1996)
    66. Freeway (1996)
    67. Head Above Water (1996)
    68. Romeo + Juliet (1996)
    69. Set It Off (1996)
    70. Shine (1996)
    71. The Cable Guy (1996)
    72. The Frighteners (1996)
    73. The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996)
    74. The Trigger Effect (1996)
    75. Deconstructing Harry (1997)
    76. Event Horizon (1997)
    77. Gridlock'd (1997)
    78. In & Out (1997)
    79. Lolita (1997)
    80. Ma Vie en Rose (1997)
    81. The Sweet Hereafter (1997)
    82. A Bug's Life (1998)
    83. Apt Pupil (1998)
    84. Buffalo '66 (1998)
    85. City of Angels (1998)
    86. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
    87. High Art (1998)
    88. Kirikou and the Sorceress (1998)
    89. Lovers of the Arctic Circle (1998)
    90. Mulan (1998)
    91. Rushmore (1998)
    92. The X-Files (1998)
    93. 8MM (1999)
    94. All About My Mother (1999)
    95. Analyze This (1999)
    96. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)
    97. Better Than Chocolate (1999)
    98. Girl, Interrupted (1999)
    99. The Virgin Suicides (1999)
    100. The War Zone (1999)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast