Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
    Steven Spielberg

Watch trailer:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep waiting and waiting, but you have all either forgotten about this classic 90s comedy or you are waiting for someone else to nominate it. One thing is for certain, it can't be because you don't like it.

Nomination #11

My Cousin Vinny
    Dir: Jonathan Lynn

Watch Scene (No Spoiler)

Watch Trailer (No Spoiler)

I second Rounders. Another film I was waiting for someone to nominate.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's because I haven't seen it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It's because I haven't seen it.
    Crap, I forgot about that option. You have to track that one down.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
    Steven Spielberg

Watch trailer:
    FFS!! That's as bad as nominating The Phantom Menace....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No way, it's a great fun movie. And that cliffhanger sequence is some of the best action stuff from the '90s.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No way, it's a great fun movie. And that cliffhanger sequence is some of the best action stuff from the '90s.
    That one scene perhaps, but the film as a whole....

Even The Phantom Menace had at least one good scene.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's impossible to think The Lost World is great if you read the book first. You know why the Cliff scene with the trailer is so great? It's literally the only part of the novel they kept.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I keep waiting and waiting, but you have all either forgotten about this classic 90s comedy or you are waiting for someone else to nominate it. One thing is for certain, it can't be because you don't like it.

Nomination #11

My Cousin Vinny
    Dir: Jonathan Lynn

Watch Scene (No Spoiler)

Watch Trailer (No Spoiler)

I second Rounders. Another film I was waiting for someone to nominate.
    I'll second My cousin Vinny
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    I would like to nominate one of my favourite films: Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai.
    Year: 1999
    Dir: Jim Jarmusch

"You know, in ancient cultures, bears were considered equal with men."
    Welcome to the movie tournament!

I haven't seen Ghost Dog, but there's a member here called Jean who would just love that quote you posted....

(bears considered equal to men... or men equal to bears... is a question for a different thread )

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Balloon View Post
    except there is a teddy bear with a camera for an eye! If I remember correctly
    rep points given for two bear references within amazingly short time

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    [B]
    The River Wild
    Dir: Curtis Hanson
    totally seconded

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #33

"This is called a training circle, a master's wheel. This circle will be your world, your whole life. Until I tell you otherwise, there is nothing outside of it....There is NOTHING outside of it. Captain Love does not exist until I say he exists. As your skill with the sword improves, you will progress to a smaller circle. With each new circle, your world contracts, bringing you that much closer to your adversary, that much closer to retribution."

Film: The Mask of Zorro
    Director: Martin Campbell
    Year: 1998
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:
    I'll second this

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I second Fallen.

Afterall, time is on our side.

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #39

"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'."

Film: Pretty Woman
    Director: Garry Marshall
    Year: 1990
    Plot spoiler with Classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to nominate

Affliction (1998 )
    Director: Paul Schrader.

Spoiler:

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #8?

The Peacemaker
    Mimi Leder

Trailer
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

The City of Lost Children (1995)
    Marc Caro and Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Watch trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty Woman seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Also, I just noticed the Google Sheet was updated yesterday with Thelma & Louise seconded, but I actually don't see that in the thread here...

Country
    Country Flag

The City of Lost Children (1995)
    Marc Caro and Jean-Pierre Jeunet
    ooooooh yes yes yes!!!!! second!!! third!... fourth!!!...........

Country
    Country Flag

But Delicatessen, by the same Jeunet et Caro, is even better!

I hope I can nominate immediately after I seconded? (sawdust in bearhead, you see)

Nominate Delicatessen 1991
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #40

"Just a minute. Robin Hood steals money from my pocket, forcing me to hurt the public, and they love him for it?! THAT'S IT, THEN!! Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas!"

Film: Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
    Director: Kevin Reynolds
    Year: 1991
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

With all the seminal films in the 90's, we've forgotten the one that launch one of the greatest action franchises...which has two sequels coming out in 2020 and 2021!

Mission Impossible (1995)
    Director: Brian De Palma

Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    With all the seminal films in the 90's, we've forgotten the one that launch one of the greatest action franchises...which has two sequels coming out in 2020 and 2021!

Mission Impossible (1995)
    Director: Brian De Palma

Spoiler:
    That was going to be my next nomination, so.....

SECONDED.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Tommy Boy (1995)
    Director: Peter Segal

Trailer:
    Spoiler:

Fat guy in a little coat...

Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast