Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Movie Tournament - Nominations Thread: 1990s

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ravenous (I loved this film when it came out... so outside the norm at the time)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I love this movie and will happily fight anyone who says it isn't great!

Waterworld (1995)
    Kevin Reynolds
    second
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Ravenous (I loved this film when it came out... so outside the norm at the time)
    Already nominated, check the first post of this thread. And yeah it's an awesome film. Did you want to second that or Waterworld?

Country
    Country Flag

Already nominated, check the first post of this thread. And yeah it's an awesome film. Did you want to second that or Waterworld?
    Ill second Ravenous please
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Heather, I'm shocked that I've never seen Beautiful Girls and that trailer is amazing and so many great actors. Thankfully, it's streaming on Netflix so I'll watch it tonight after work! Thank you.
    Yes, please do! It's one of those movies that whenever I come across it on tv I have to stop and watch it even though I've seen it a million times. I'm sure you'll love it. Even my boyfriend who disagrees on most movies with me really enjoyed it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ill second Ravenous please
    Done.

Country
    Country Flag

Boondock Saints is my new choice.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Heather, I'm shocked that I've never seen Beautiful Girls and that trailer is amazing and so many great actors. Thankfully, it's streaming on Netflix so I'll watch it tonight after work! Thank you.
    Yes, please do! It's one of those movies that whenever I come across it on tv I have to stop and watch it even though I've seen it a million times. I'm sure you'll love it. Even my boyfriend who disagrees on most movies with me really enjoyed it.
    I feel like I will so expect to have it seconded after I watch it, if it's not already seconded by then.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Boondock Saints is my new choice.
    SECONDED

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #7

Chasing Amy
    Dir: Kevin Smith

Trailer

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #18

"Of course, you idiot. I always wear it; I've always worn it; I've always loved you."

Film: The English Patient
    Director: Anthony Minghella
    Year: 1996
    Plot spoiler with classic scene: No

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    NOMINATION #18

"Of course, you idiot. I always wear it; I've always worn it; I've always loved you."

Film: The English Patient
    Director: Anthony Minghella
    Year: 1996

Videos to follow, as I am currently at work....
    When I hear this movie all I can think of is that Seinfeld episode! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The second-best NOES film since the original:

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
    Wes Craven

Watch trailer:

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I don't see it on the list so I nominate The Hunt for Red October.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Billy Madison (1995)
    Tamara Davis

Trailer:
    Spoiler:

Classic scene/quote:
    Spoiler:
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The second-best NOES film since the original:

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
    Wes Craven
    Second

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #19

"Love knows nothing of rank, or riverbank. It will spark between a Queen and the poor vagabond who plays the King - and their love should be minded by each, for love denied blights the soul we owe to God."

Film: Shakespeare in Love
    Director: John Madden
    Year: 1998

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Shakespeare, arguably the best adaptation of Hamlet?

Hamlet (1996)
    Kenneth Branagh

Watch trailer:

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4

The Blair Witch Project

Very few movies actually scare me me, but this one gives me the willies.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I am not going to bother reading the last link, I can't take it seriously. The movie it lists at #50 (Batman and Robin) I considered to be the worst movie I ever paid money to see (by far), until I saw the Fantastic Four movie from 2015.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Small Soldiers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Sent of a woman
    Martin Brest 1992

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Sent of a woman
    Martin Brest 1992
    SECONDED.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, I am not going to bother reading the last link, I can't take it seriously. The movie it lists at #50 (Batman and Robin) I considered to be the worst movie I ever paid money to see (by far), until I saw the Fantastic Four movie from 2015.
    It does have some very valid picks for the most part though.

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION #20

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

Film: The Truman Show
    Director: Peter Weir
    Year: 1998

Classic scene:

Movie trailer:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast