Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious, Wiz. How are you going to display these now that you've had to move your collection home?

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just curious, Wiz. How are you going to display these now that you've had to move your collection home?

John
    John-

Very good question. Tension is running high in my household over these books. We have settled on where to put the book cases (two of them are being made to my specifications and will take another 2 months to receive), but artwork display has not been discussed yet. I have 3 pieces with Audrey and I still have to discuss frames with her. Unfortunately, I cannot display all of my artwork. All four of my character sketches from Gunslinger Born will likely never be framed or displayed. I am getting the Gilead scene framed and also the two Wrightson pencil sketches I acquired a year ago. Even then, there will have to be some really sweet talking to get them up.

I already have 3 whelan originals and a S/L Gunslinger print up, so to add 3 more will be a challenge. We have the room to be sure, but my wife does not want the house to be overrun by gunslingers.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    John-

Very good question. Tension is running high in my household over these books. We have settled on where to put the book cases (two of them are being made to my specifications and will take another 2 months to receive), but artwork display has not been discussed yet. I have 3 pieces with Audrey and I still have to discuss frames with her. Unfortunately, I cannot display all of my artwork. All four of my character sketches from Gunslinger Born will likely never be framed or displayed. I am getting the Gilead scene framed and also the two Wrightson pencil sketches I acquired a year ago. Even then, there will have to be some really sweet talking to get them up.

I already have 3 whelan originals and a S/L Gunslinger print up, so to add 3 more will be a challenge. We have the room to be sure, but my wife does not want the house to be overrun by gunslingers.
    Get her to read the books, so she'll love them too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

We have the room to be sure, but my wife does not want the house to be overrun by gunslingers.
    Some women (and I have to say my wife is also among them) just don't have the right perspective on the important things!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice-

She just read the whole Dark Tower series within the last 6 months. She enjoyed them but they didn't rock her world. Nice suggestion though.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be happy to display them in my house for you.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler khazano is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

I could be wrong King may have gotten a page from the actual comic but my recollection was when the first issue pages went on sale it was just the pages David/Wiz got direct from Jae before Albert Moy listed them that were unavailable.
    That might be what I'm thinking of. I know King got those sample pages, and for some reason I thought that the 2Pg spread that was listed as "SOLD" the minute the first issue was posted up went to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Yeah that was me who got the CK splash, during the first few issues I was at my computer constantly refreshing, so I got orders in within minutes of the listing.
    If you EVER want to sell that splash, PLEASE let me know!

Three...Whelan...Originals...??!! WOW

Do you have pics of them anywhere online??

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by khazano View Post

Three...Whelan...Originals...??!! WOW

Do you have pics of them anywhere online??
    Yes, I do. In my collections folder, but here they are.

This is NOTHING! You should see carlosdetweiller's collection. He has several Whelan originals from both the Gunslinger and DT VII as well as many originals from the other books in the series.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! It doesn't matter how often I see them, those are amazing.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow.
    And did I mention... wow!
    That is an impressive collection!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Love the Tower Road piece

My ultimate grail would be Whelans painting of the Crimson King atop his throne

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two signed Whelan prints are being given away on May 19th, donate for an entry if you can!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice plug for the Haven Foundation fundraiser, Matt.

Wiz, your DT art collection, both Whelan and Lee, is fantastic.

The obvious solution is for you to sell your house, and buy a new home with a nice big home office for you to hang all your artwork and display all your books. Then you'd be happy, and your wife would be happy because her whole house wouldn't be overrun with your art.

I know, I know, I'm a genius. Thank you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why didn't I think of that!

So....anybody want to buy a house, or should I start a new thread for that? LOL

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice-

She just read the whole Dark Tower series within the last 6 months. She enjoyed them but they didn't rock her world. Nice suggestion though.
    Hey, I tried.

Anyhow, this is just what you were hoping when she read them wasn't it? With every page she turned you were probably thinking "Maybe...maybe she'll let me hang them ALL up.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, those are amazing!!
    Now..when looking at the first one...I want to read the whole saga again (this would be the 4th time complete and the seventh from 1-4 volumes).
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, I'd be happy to display them in my house for you.

Just trying to be helpful.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, Brice and Daghain: at each of your posts.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

*************BREAKING NEWS FLASH******************

At long last, I just got an e-mail from Jae Lee (I haven't heard back from him in at least 2 months).......

HE IS MOVING TO LAS VEGAS AT THE END OF THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, he told me to drop by his apartment so I could get some things signed (yes Ari, finally I am going to deliver!)

And as we speak, he just sent another mail answering several questions I had.

HE IS NOT LEAVING MARVEL He said it doesn't matter where he lives since all the art is sent electronically.

The reason he is moving is simple...as he puts it.....POKER ANYTIME and with the condo market such a mess there, there are some great deals.

I am going to see him tomorrow adter lunch.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wiz -

Might sound silly, but could you please pass on to him how much we appreciate his art for Dark Tower and how great it is. I dont want to sound too much like a "fanboy" or whatever, but I really think he's so very talented.

Long Days,
    turtlex
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast