Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Collectible Comic Art - Artists' Originals

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So did anyone here buy any pages from the new comic?

I got the last 2 pages, sheemie (pg 25) and the robot (pg 26). I also really liked the power of page 5 Roland with the remains of Susan.

Can't wait to see the actual comic.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave-

I did not. While I liked the art, I just have no place to put it. Having to move all my books and artwork from office to home at the end of this month is gonna be a killer...and while my wife has a good idea of what is coming home, I still think she is going to flip when she sees it all.

Anybody got space on a couch that I can reserve if needed?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Anybody got space on a couch that I can reserve if needed?
    I have an entire room you can use. As long as you bring all the "stuff" with you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    So did anyone here buy any pages from the new comic?

I got the last 2 pages, sheemie (pg 25) and the robot (pg 26). I also really liked the power of page 5 Roland with the remains of Susan.

Can't wait to see the actual comic.
    Hey Oy,

I tried to get that page over the weekend but I think I was late. I think someone else snagged it. Grrr. It would have went great with my first series page.

None of the remaining pages really engage me, except maybe for the one with Alain holding Roland after the ball zaps him away. Hmm.

Shawn

Traveler khazano is on a distinguished road

Default two covers...

Just found this thread and figured I'd share my two cover pieces...

Cover to Issue 2 By Jae Lee

Cover to Issue 6 Variant by J. Scott Campbell

For those who are interested in the hobby the rest of my non DT related pieces can be seen here...

http://cafurl.com?i=1238

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are very nice. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Khazano. I know the Jae Lee cover grabs everyone's attention and is very popular, but I've always really liked that cover by Campbell.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sa-weet pieces!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Khazano. I know the Jae Lee cover grabs everyone's attention and is very popular, but I've always really liked that cover by Campbell.
    Thanks!!

The Campbell cover really has to be seen in person to understand the detail and originality of the art... The published version of the cover lost a lot of the details that are prominent on the original.

But my fav of the two, much like everyone else as you noted, is still the Lee piece. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his rendition of the King.

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : for those whose tax refund is burning a hole in their pocket... Albert Moy has up some Issue 2 new stuff by Jae Lee.

Wish I could afford some - looks sweet!

Long Days,
    turtlex

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point, Turtlex.

Here is a link to Jae Lee's original artwork in the first two issues of The Long Road Home.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That stuff is awesome, and so out of my price range.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How does he get ahold of these things?
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe he represents the artists, sorta like an art gallery owner would.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I believe he represents the artists, sorta like an art gallery owner would.
    Yes, Albert Moy is Jae Lee's dealer.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Moy works for Jae Lee, he's the dealer... Which I guess means that Jae himself decides which pieces/pages should be offered for sale. Why he doesn't include EVERY page of the comic, I don't know - they're all amazing works of art.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, that makes sense. I just wasn't sure the legalities of where Marvel stood in relation to the original pieces.

I did notice that he doesn't have any of the 19th pages listed. I wonder if that is for a reason or if it just means that they've been snatched up already.
    Heng Dai

My Mood
    Gay

Aaron - you bring up a good point. I think there might be something about him releasing all the pages of a comic, because then - he's basically selling the comic, rather than just his 'art'. Marvel might not approve of that. By selling only select pages, I believe he can bypass that particular issue.

Long Days,
    turtlex

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No Marvel has nothing to do with the original pages they are owned by the artist.

For most of the first run every page was available for sale, Jae even offered to sell all the complete art to issue 1 to Wiz/David, I think Wiz said the price was 25,000? (BTW thanks David for not taking him up on the offer ). My recollection is that it was only the last issue of the first series and the first 2 of the new that any pages were held back.

I also seem to recall Sir_Boomme got page 19 of the first issue. I have page 19 of issue 3 (the last page of the 6 page saloon standoff with the big coffin hunters that I got complete)

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Moy works for Jae Lee, he's the dealer... Which I guess means that Jae himself decides which pieces/pages should be offered for sale. Why he doesn't include EVERY page of the comic, I don't know - they're all amazing works of art.
    Every page is availble for sale at the time they are posted online however some are bought FAST, like within hours of being posted and subsequently taken off.

Also, certain pages from issue 1 ended up being given directly to Stephen!

My Mood
    Gay

Ah more info.
    I had never heard that ALL pages were listed.
    You'd think they'd still be there with the SOLD sign, like the others.
    I bet they're just amazing and they don't want to make us all feel bad about not being able to buy them.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It is only recently that the sold pages were removed, during the first series all pages were listed with sold or hold tags on the ones unavailable, so you could see all the pages.

Yes some pages go quickly, for the first issue I placed my order within minutes of them being listed and for some of the others as well like page 6 from issue 2 (Crimson King surrounded by the wizards rainbow splash page).

I don't think Stephen King got any pages from issue 1, I believe he got some of the preliminary/concept art Jae Lee did for Marvels presentation to Stephen King to pitch the series.

It is only recently that the sold pages were removed, during the first series all pages were listed with sold or hold tags on the ones unavailable, so you could see all the pages.

Yes some pages go quickly, for the first issue I placed my order within minutes of them being listed and for some of the others as well like page 6 from issue 2 (Crimson King surrounded by the wizards rainbow splash page).

I don't think Stephen King got any pages from issue 1, I believe he got some of the preliminary/concept art Jae Lee did for Marvels presentation to Stephen King to pitch the series.
    I was under the impression he also got one of the opening splashes... But I could be wrong.

Were you the one who snagged CK rainbow splash? I emailed albert literally fifteen minutes after he sent out the email that the pages were availble and it was already on hold.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by khazano View Post

I was under the impression he also got one of the opening splashes... But I could be wrong.

Were you the one who snagged CK rainbow splash? I emailed albert literally fifteen minutes after he sent out the email that the pages were availble and it was already on hold.
    I could be wrong King may have gotten a page from the actual comic but my recollection was when the first issue pages went on sale it was just the pages David/Wiz got direct from Jae before Albert Moy listed them that were unavailable.

Yeah that was me who got the CK splash, during the first few issues I was at my computer constantly refreshing, so I got orders in within minutes of the listing.

So far I have 18 pages (15 from series 1, and 3 from series 2). My favorites are the 2 page splash of the boys on the field with their hawks (issue 1), Roland gets his guns (issue 1), CK splash (issue 2) and the last page (issue 7) Roland, Bert and Alain and the pink grapefruit.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Before issue 1 or Gunslinger Born came out, Jae offered me the whole first issue at $20,000, which, of course, I did not do. I did, however, get first choice of any of the artwork for that first issue and ended up with 6:

Roland character sketch
    Cuthbert character sketch
    Alain character sketch
    Eldred Jonas character sketch
    Coming of Age field/Gilead (cover of the Guidebook)
    Roland standing over a defeated Cort

I couldn't be happier with my choices, but I have no intention of purchasing any more, unless something down the line like the battle at Jerricho Hill could be kick ass, and I might step in for something like that.

This one is my favorite of those I bought:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast