Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 129 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I take it back he translates to 'Merican pretty well
    No doubt! He's definitely read too much 'Merican Lit. and watched too much 'Merican TeeVee.
    I blame his American friends.
    Yeah, I should be more careful whom I drink with...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Basically it is caused by the HTML/CSS. From what I can see the tabs are an unordered list and the next set of menu items a nested unordered list. Since these are not contained they can lay over each other. Also since the seach bar floats over everything and there is no right margin for it in the tabs it will float over the tabs and they will not drop to the next level until they hit the right side of the dive they are encapsulated in.

TLDR
    HTML/CSS is a fickle bitch and it's more work than it's worth. (Or maybe that's my distaste for CSS talking)
    Speak 'Merican, son!
    I'll translate..
    Them big words at the top that open up strange parts of the site so ya don't never click 'em, are all made up of code-y stuff. some of it don't always work for them folks with tiny screens, but if y'all got a computer screen that matches ya'll's TeeVee then you jus fine.

Bigger usually is better. It's sometimes difficult bringing my 70" HDTV on board a plane. It's even tight in 1st Class.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Yeah, I should be more careful whom I drink with...

...with whom I drink? LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler tomhank1511 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

i like whisky, thank you

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dumb question which I probably already asked before : if I am searching for a specific post by a specific member, I get a result being a thread... but with no link to at least the page containing that post
    eg : do i really have to go through the 92 pages of the thread to find that post?

I usually try to go through google to find what I am looking for, but it aint always useful if for instance the page/post hasnt been indexed.
    Any power user tip?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Dumb question which I probably already asked before : if I am searching for a specific post by a specific member, I get a result being a thread... but with no link to at least the page containing that post
    eg : do i really have to go through the 92 pages of the thread to find that post?

I usually try to go through google to find what I am looking for, but it aint always useful if for instance the page/post hasnt been indexed.
    Any power user tip?
    You can search within a specific thread.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Any power user tip?
    Advanced search then select Search Single content type tab.
    enter your search criteria then at the bottom choose show results as posts rather than threads.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Any power user tip?
    Advanced search then select Search Single content type tab.
    enter your search criteria then at the bottom choose show results as posts rather than threads.
    This is the way to do it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"enter your search criteria then at the bottom choose show results as posts rather than threads."

Where is that?

Many thanks, it's been bugging me since ages !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"enter your search criteria then at the bottom choose show results as posts rather than threads."

Where is that?

You are probably searching the entire site, for which this option is not shown. Use the search tool on the specific forum you are interested in (see below)

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I never actually noticed this button.

Seems a bit archaic, but ok.
    So if i am looking for something, i must :
    1) do a global search, to find the thread
    2) do a search in the thread to find the actual post

Is there really nothing simpler?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As pretty much anything collector related gets posted in Calvin's Corner, you really only need to open that at the top level and search there. It will search sub threads below the one you are viewing.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

What I've found really works well is I use google but limit the search to this site only. Just include "site:thedarktower.org" after your search term. That will limit the search results to this site only. It has worked almost every time for me in terms of finding what I'm looking for.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If looking for a specific post by a specific member, simply open their user page (click their username in any post and select View Profile), then just click this button under their user card: (Final all posts). Then just go through and find the post, it should be in chronological order.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    What I've found really works well is I use google but limit the search to this site only. Just include "site:thedarktower.org" after your search term. That will limit the search results to this site only. It has worked almost every time for me in terms of finding what I'm looking for.
    Usually works, not always if the content hasnt been indexed by Google.

@stroppygoblin : thanks !

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Where is that?

Click Advanced Search - click the Search Single Content Type tab - look near the bottom of the page for Show Results as: - click Posts - look below that for Save Search Preferences - click Go

You can now enter your search terms. The page will provide results as posts.
    Now whenever you want to search for posts just click Advanced Search then click the Search Single Content Type tab and enter your search string. The page will already be set to return results as posts.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Aaaah thanks! I knew that sometimes in the past I used to see the results like this.
    I just keep not noticing the tab "search single content type" or keep thinking that I *am* already in that tab

Thanks a lot!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, interesting, so the top level search defaults to Multiple content type and the thread search defaults to single content type - hence the different views. I had never noticed that either. Thanks Brian!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it was already fixed.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a way to move photos from my gallery into an album?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what you mean by that. In member Galleries you have a "folder" it's your user name and there are 361 pictures in it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that. In member Galleries you have a "folder" it's your user name and there are 361 pictures in it.
    Well I created an album and was wanting to move photos into that specific album from the gallery folder. Probably a better explanation of my intentions.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll look into it. It may not be simple to do.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'll look into it. It may not be simple to do.
    Ok, Jerome. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 129 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast