Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, there is a setting displayed there that pro-ports to resize the image if it's too big. That clearly isn't working.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Interesting, there is a setting displayed there that pro-ports to resize the image if it's too big. That clearly isn't working.
    Which one?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm no computer guy by any means but from reading that list, I believe it's probably this one:

If photo upload width or height exceeds maximums, resize upload down to the max dimensions?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It resizes it in the forum.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm no computer guy by any means but from reading that list, I believe it's probably this one:

If photo upload width or height exceeds maximums, resize upload down to the max dimensions?
    Reading that I read that if the length x width is too large size it down. I think the issue is that the file size is too large so it could fit in the length x width but still exceed the file size limit. That may have to be somewhere else.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having issues uploading photo's. I have tried uploading a couple of photos (1 at a time) several times, but it never shows up in my gallery. I tried cropping the photo to make it smaller, and compressing it to make it the file size smaller, but no luck. I don't get any error messages, it just never shows up in my gallery. Is there a limit to number of photo's, I only have 46 so far. (I couldn't figure out how to delete the existing ones either). I hope these files aren't go to some other unintended location.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I'm having issues uploading photo's. I have tried uploading a couple of photos (1 at a time) several times, but it never shows up in my gallery. I tried cropping the photo to make it smaller, and compressing it to make it the file size smaller, but no luck. I don't get any error messages, it just never shows up in my gallery. Is there a limit to number of photo's, I only have 46 so far. (I couldn't figure out how to delete the existing ones either). I hope these files aren't go to some other unintended location.

Thanks,
    Mike

Read upthread about image maximum size. There are restrictions in pixels, and actual file size.

As to deleting photos, there should be a "Photo Options" icon when you are viewing your image.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone having issue's with e-mail notification when a PM is sent to you, I PM'ed a member about a month ago with offer a sale they had, last time I logged in yike's working out town suck's, I never received e-mail notification of there response. Yes it is turn on in profile and have been getting a e-mail's.

Kevin

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure what parts of your post mean.
    I PM'd you as a test to see if you get an email notice.
    If you PM someone who hasn't elected in their profile to receive email notifications, then they receive the PM only.

J

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When uploading a photo to the gallery, it sometimes goes to a queue instead of to my page. The queue seems to hold the files indefinitely.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The file size and or the picture dimensions are too large.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've noticed in the last few weeks that when I resize the screen, the ribbons across the top of the page get squished up instead of resizing. Like in this pic you can see the search text box is covering up some of the wording and the "new posts" is covered as well.

It's not a huge deal but thought I'd let you know that it's happening.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What browser are you using?
    What device?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm using Chrome but I just checked and it happens with IE as well. On a PC.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I'm using Chrome but I just checked and it happens with IE as well. On a PC.
    Not sure what your display resolution is, but once you zoom to 125% or more it does begin to overlap. The PC laptop I'm using now has a 1366 x 768 resolution. I haven't tried it yet on a larger/higher resolution screen.
    I normally view at 100%, so haven't encountered the issue. Interestingly, the issue dies not present on my android phone (Samsung Note 3) using IE, or Firefox.

My resolution is 1920 x 1200. Like I said, it's not really a big deal. Just something I happened to notice.

I usually have a Chrome window open in the corner of one of my screens but I keep it pretty small. It's among the other dozen or so windows/applications I have running at any given time.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically it is caused by the HTML/CSS. From what I can see the tabs are an unordered list and the next set of menu items a nested unordered list. Since these are not contained they can lay over each other. Also since the seach bar floats over everything and there is no right margin for it in the tabs it will float over the tabs and they will not drop to the next level until they hit the right side of the div they are encapsulated in.

TLDR
    HTML/CSS is a fickle bitch and it's more work than it's worth. (Or maybe that's my distaste for CSS talking)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Basically it is caused by the HTML/CSS. From what I can see the tabs are an unordered list and the next set of menu items a nested unordered list. Since these are not contained they can lay over each other. Also since the seach bar floats over everything and there is no right margin for it in the tabs it will float over the tabs and they will not drop to the next level until they hit the right side of the dive they are encapsulated in.

TLDR
    HTML/CSS is a fickle bitch and it's more work than it's worth. (Or maybe that's my distaste for CSS talking)
    Speak 'Merican, son!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically it is caused by the HTML/CSS. From what I can see the tabs are an unordered list and the next set of menu items a nested unordered list. Since these are not contained they can lay over each other. Also since the seach bar floats over everything and there is no right margin for it in the tabs it will float over the tabs and they will not drop to the next level until they hit the right side of the div they are encapsulated in.

TLDR
    Speak 'Merican, son!
    Go ask Simon he is my translator (But he will translate it to British... sorry)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically it is caused by the HTML/CSS. From what I can see the tabs are an unordered list and the next set of menu items a nested unordered list. Since these are not contained they can lay over each other. Also since the seach bar floats over everything and there is no right margin for it in the tabs it will float over the tabs and they will not drop to the next level until they hit the right side of the dive they are encapsulated in.

TLDR
    Speak 'Merican, son!
    I'll translate..
    Them big words at the top that open up strange parts of the site so ya don't never click 'em, are all made up of code-y stuff. some of it don't always work for them folks with tiny screens, but if y'all got a computer screen that matches ya'll's TeeVee then you jus fine.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I take it back he translates to 'Merican pretty well

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

TLDR
    Speak 'Merican, son!
    I'll translate..
    Them big words at the top that open up strange parts of the site so ya don't never click 'em, are all made up of code-y stuff. some of it don't always work for them folks with tiny screens, but if y'all got a computer screen that matches ya'll's TeeVee then you jus fine.
    Love it!

Country
    Country Flag

No doubt! He's definitely read too much 'Merican Lit. and watched too much 'Merican TeeVee.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spot on Simon.

Country
    Country Flag

No doubt! He's definitely read too much 'Merican Lit. and watched too much 'Merican TeeVee.
    I blame his American friends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast