Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 129 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My Firefox is always updated. I'm actually a beta tester. I cleared the DNS cache more than once. IE and Chrome don't update in Vista so I don't use them.

I'm going to try to "refresh" Firefox and see if that helps. Meanwhile I'll use TOR.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm perplexed. Saying you are a beta tester for Firefox, while using Windows Vista is puzzling.
    A bit like Firefox bothering with Windows 95, or a DOS PC.
    Unless it's legacy work it "doesn't compute".

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to reset my network settings on my iPad. It came right up after that.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm perplexed. Saying you are a beta tester for Firefox, while using Windows Vista is puzzling.
    A bit like Firefox bothering with Windows 95, or a DOS PC.
    Unless it's legacy work it "doesn't compute".
    Maybe beta version user would have been a better way to say it.

Firefox does continue to update for Vista though and apparently is interested in the data feedback.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's not loading at all on Windows 3.1 running Netscape browser.
    It's probably the Intel 286 processor!
    Dangit! That's probably what it is....
    Old tech isn't necessarily bad tech. The computers on the ISS use Intel 386 processors for reliability. The DoD uses floppy discs in their nuclear weapons program.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Appears I'm no longer receiving email notification for the threads that I'm subscribed to and getting an error message when trying to upload photos.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Appears I'm no longer receiving email notification for the threads that I'm subscribed to and getting an error message when trying to upload photos.
    Try to either re-subscribe, or unsubscribe, then go back and subscribe.

I'm guessing the photo upload is to the Gallery? Is it to an existing Gallery you have? If so, the link to the existing pics, and a screen shot of the error message would help.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Addendum.

I found your Gallery and uploaded (granted as an admin) a pic to your Gallery in your name.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, RF. I'll try all that and get a screenshot to ya if I'm still having issues.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Can't seem to get the screenshot to work but here's the message I'm getting while trying to upload a photo to my gallery.

The website cannot display the page HTTP 500

Most likely causes:
    •The website is under maintenance.
    •The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.
    Go back to the previous page.
    More information

And the link to my gallery: http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...rname=brian861

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what issue I am having. I cannot connect from any device or browser except for Tor (Mac, iPhone, iPad). I just get "server not found" or "[insert browser] can't find the server".

I've tried resetting the browsers, clearing all history, etc. It was working yesterday in the afternoon but then just stopped. I am at a hotel so I have tried accessing via the hotel's wifi and my phones LTE connection.

I'm sure the error is on my end as I can access the site via Tor, but any tips?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get this several times a day for at least the last couple of days. Have already done the cache clearing and dns flushing but it still happens. If I refresh anywhere from 5 to 15 times or just wait several minutes, I can connect fine.

Happens in both IE and Firefox.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't seem to get the screenshot to work but here's the message I'm getting while trying to upload a photo to my gallery.

Most likely causes:

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.
    More information

And the link to my gallery: http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...rname=brian861

What is the type of image you are trying to upload (jpeg, png, etc.), what are the dimensions, and more importantly, what is the file size; not the image size in pixels, the actual file size

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Not sure what issue I am having. I cannot connect from any device or browser except for Tor (Mac, iPhone, iPad). I just get "server not found" or "[insert browser] can't find the server".

I've tried resetting the browsers, clearing all history, etc. It was working yesterday in the afternoon but then just stopped. I am at a hotel so I have tried accessing via the hotel's wifi and my phones LTE connection.

What type of phone do you have, Android or Apple?
    Are you using wifi to connect on the phone, or going straight through the carrier's network (eating up your data)?
    Have you tried using the PC at the hotel (they usually have one to print airline boarding passes etc.)? If so, where you successful?

Iphone, ipad users can try this fix. It has worked for another member.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/08/08/change-dns-settings-ios/

Country
    Country Flag

Most likely causes:

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.
    More information

What is the type of image you are trying to upload (jpeg, png, etc.), what are the dimensions, and more importantly, what is the file size; not the image size in pixels, the actual file size
    I've tried several but here's the info on one and they all are basically the same type, size, and dimensions: JPEG/1.70 MB/3264 x 2448.

Also tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to several threads with no luck. I'm subscribed to about 165 threads so going through each one and doing this is not worth my while. I reckon I'll just have to click "What's New" til it works itself out.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try uploading a smaller image, not only in pixels, but file size. I believe the maximum file size is 1.6MB

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read all through the recent posts, and so apologies if there is a solution posted above, but I am still having issues accessing the site from my iPhone 6. The Safari and Chrome browsers I have installed both won't connect to the server. I also use the Tapatalk App, and that sends me push notifications that people have posted, but when I go to look, it says I don't have permissions to access.

Specs: Iphone 6 running IOS 10. At home I also use a DNS provider that ricks my device in to thinming its in the US.

I'm here at work on a desktop and its working fine.

If there are solutins up thread, can someone just let me know and I'll start reviewing the posts.

Cheers
    James

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Check upthread.

Read this for a possible fix:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most likely causes:

What you can try:
    Refresh the page.
    More information

I've tried several but here's the info on one and they all are basically the same type, size, and dimensions: JPEG/1.70 MB/3264 x 2448.

Also tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to several threads with no luck. I'm subscribed to about 165 threads so going through each one and doing this is not worth my while. I reckon I'll just have to click "What's New" til it works itself out.
    Hey Brian, I was having same issue with uploading photos. I have a Mac, opened photo in Preview, changed size (under Tools) from 72 to 52 resolution, and then image uploaded fine (although DT previously was able to upload the original size).

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm also no longer getting email updates to threads I'm subscribed to. I know this may seem a silly question, but can someone advise how to subscribe / unsubscribe to a thread without actually posting in the thread? (My subscriptions have all been automatically subscribed through posts).
    Cheers

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At the top of every thread page should be a "Thread Tools" option drop down menu. Once the "Subscribe to this thread" is clicked on, you should then see a menu that allows you to choose how to be notified.

Country
    Country Flag

At the top of every thread page should be a "Thread Tools" option drop down menu. Once the "Subscribe to this thread" is clicked on, you should then see a menu that allows you to choose how to be notified.
    Thanks RF!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

What type of phone do you have, Android or Apple?
    Are you using wifi to connect on the phone, or going straight through the carrier's network (eating up your data)?
    Have you tried using the PC at the hotel (they usually have one to print airline boarding passes etc.)? If so, where you successful?

Iphone, ipad users can try this fix. It has worked for another member.

Thanks for the tip. I am using an iPhone, iPad, and mac. It is working now on my phone. Not sure what, if anything, changed. I tried on the hotel Wi-Fi and via my phones internet connection. Neither was working.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

iPhone and iPad problems are localized to the device. Using volunteers who have never visited the site, I had 6 people try to access the site on their iPhone.
    100% success rate in the last 15 minutes.

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I figured. Working now fine and was working after the server switch until yesterday afternoon. I wish I knew what changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 129 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast