Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hi guys. Jen, who formerly had the username alkanto, has set up a new account as Brujon, but it doesn't look like anything is posting properly. Are there any problems with her account?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not posting properly as in it's just not showing up when she hits 'post reply'?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So far, what she's specifically told me is that nothing is posting/working and she's made over 5 posts so far. I'll ask her for more detail. Is there any chance the site would think she's a spambot?

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

She's just replied and said that the only post that's showing up so far is the 'Introduce yourself' post. She's tried to make about 5 posts since then.

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

She's also wondering if any of the posts she's made are awaiting approval at all, and that they may not be counting as they're all in the off-topic boards.

- Melike

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    She's also wondering if any of the posts she's made are awaiting approval at all, and that they may not be counting as they're all in the off-topic boards.
    I just approved several posts. All should be well now.

Traveler Walter O Dim will become famous soon enough

I'm a new member and none of my posts are being approved. Is this normal? I use a number of other forums for different subjects and have never had this much difficulty getting started on one before.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Walter O Dim View Post
    I'm a new member and none of my posts are being approved. Is this normal? I use a number of other forums for different subjects and have never had this much difficulty getting started on one before.
    There is a five post threshold before you get full member privileges. It's to prevent spammers and bots. Some forum posts are moderated first while some are not.

More info:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/For-New-Members-with-fewer-than-five-posts...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/Introduce-yourself
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler Walter O Dim will become famous soon enough

Thanks, I guess I'm being a little impatient to get started. I can appreciate bots are probably an annoying issue though. Thank you for the reply.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Another board I'm a part of has reported good results with this fix.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...bulletin-4-0-3
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Working on it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The issue should be fixed for Chrome browser users. It seems to work for IE.
    Youtube (Google, Alphabet, whatever you wish to call them) made a code change. Firefox caught it and fixed their browser in a few hours. Chrome (Google, Alphabet, cough cough) apparently doesn't care about the numerous forums out there.
    I haven't tried Safari, Opera, etc.
    Please advise if there are still issues.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, working fine now in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. As well as iOS.

Thank you!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only thing is the previous code had somewhat larger videos, whereas this new code specifies a size of 640 X 385. I'm not sure what the old dimensions were, but maybe 15-20% larger? According to one post I found, I believe the code can be tweaked to 853 X 510 to get back to the original size: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...ame-853-by-480

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yay, I can see videos now.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I can also view videos now.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting.
    The videos aren't showing or playing on my android phone.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They play on mine.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They play on mine.
    Looks like using free internet at some places results in filtering.

Country
    Country Flag

RF, any chance the video dimensions can be adjusted as per my post above? The smaller size is not ideal for watching stuff in-page, especially movie trailers and such.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    RF, any chance the video dimensions can be adjusted as per my post above? The smaller size is not ideal for watching stuff in-page, especially movie trailers and such.
    I'll check.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The site is throwing a lot of database errors today.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    YEP!
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Working on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast