Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 129 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You are correct, it does. I really don't like that at all because even if you follow all of their links their own report says..."no, its fine".

I'm not sure if you can even talk to a real person at google.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I searched for information on this and it seems like it happened to A LOT of websites. Google's definitive answer on if the site is safe or not it at this link.

http://www.unmaskparasites.com/secur...edarktower.org

The also have other tests you can run against the site, anyone can do it. They all say the site is fine and I'm hoping whatever Google did will clear itself on their next data refresh.

I am 99.9% sure the site is not infected in any way and they say you can turn off this notification in Chrome by going "under the hood" (whatever that means).

So I will keep an eye on it, please keep reporting instances. Seems like google screwed up and people can probably avoid the whole thing by using Bing or Yahoo for a while if they are browsing from a search engine.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Are any members here getting the 'malware' warning when they are actually logged in and browsing the site, or is it only when attempting to click through a Google search result?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

about a minute ago the site refused to post my quick reply in the mods forum, under some security pretext which I immediately forgot because of being panic-stricken. I was able to post after refreshing the page, though

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Are any members here getting the 'malware' warning when they are actually logged in and browsing the site, or is it only when attempting to click through a Google search result?

Yeah, via Chrome, AT WORK.

exemple of links :
    http://thedarktower.org/palaver/show...952#post534952
    http://thedarktower.org/palaver/show...514#post535514

there was also the thread that we are on..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For me it's actually clicking on threads, but not all of them all the time. Ironically clicking on this very thread brings up the warning!

Edit- oh okay. herbertwest just reported that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It is the browser you guys, it is really sensitive to something the site is doing but we are not hacked.

The link above shows how Google officially feels about he site and if you search the phrase the warning brings up, it happened to all kinds of sites that are browsed through google.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but it's quite annoying.
    What if Google consider you (in the SERPs) as dangerous?

A few people could decide to do not come...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I understand that and it is pissing me off no end but I can't actually call google.

They have a data refresh about every ten days and I'm hoping it will be over after that. And Chrome can go f**K itself.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I understand that and it is pissing me off no end but I can't actually call google.

They have a data refresh about every ten days and I'm hoping it will be over after that. And Chrome can go f**K itself.
    Is this the official site position? Shall we put it in the marquee?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've noticed today that I cannot put in any "smilies" into my posts. When I click the [More] button for the smilies, I get a refreshed page of the one I'm on, but no separate window for the smilies. I also cannot double-click a thread to indicate that I've read it. Just nothing happens.

John
    Did this ever get resolved for you, John?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding those malware warnings - I've got them also. I use IE8 and both McAfee and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. McAfee never gives me warnings but Spyware Dr. does. So I ran a test.

I scanned and came out clean with McAfee.

I scanned with Spyware Dr. and cleaned out all the "infections" which were just low priority cookies.

I opened my browser to my (yahoo) home page and scanned with Spyware Dr. again - came out clean.

I logged into this site, opened one random thread *this one* and logged off and closed my browser and ran Spyware Dr. again.

Found and removed one "infection" - apmebf.com cookie. It was flagged as "Known_bad_site, Threat_level: low"

I googled it later and the reviews are mixed, to say the least!

Anyway, with a clean system again, I opened my browser and set the security level to HIGH (Tools/options/security/internet zone).

I then logged back into this site and opened the same thread, logged off and ran the scan again. It came out clean! The only problem with a HIGH security setting - after logging in did not automatically redirect me and when trying to post I had the same smiley problem John mentions above. Also could not log into Facebook or a few other sites. So I set my Internet Zone security back to MEDIUM HIGH.

As a test I came back here and logged in, opened this thread, logged out and scanned again and got the same cookie.

I don't think it is dangerous but a lot of spyware and antivirus software seems to think it could be or could be easily hacked.

.....my 2 centavos...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Thanks for that test man, that gives me all kinds of info I can use.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am finding some very interesting stuff on that. Seems we may have an image here this is hosted on that site. I may have to create a site wide announcement to see if anyone visits that apmebf.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Delete the image?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be my suggestion.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Just what I needed Brainslinger. Thank you.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Malware?

Am I the only one getting warned about malware whenever I visit the forums? It's been happening consistently for a couple of days now.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

What OS/firewall/antivirus?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is being discussed in the Technical questions about the site
    thread.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Web nanny's are on high.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still working really hard to figure this out everyone. I have all kinds of information and may need to take the site off line for a few hours on Friday morning. Not sure about that yet.

I will make a banner to announce it if I do.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm still working really hard to figure this out everyone. I have all kinds of information and may need to take the site off line for a few hours on Friday morning. Not sure about that yet.

I will make a banner to announce it if I do.
    Allow me to be the first to say-

If you rescue me

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I concur.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 129 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast