Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the email address, Matt. I've been having problems off and on all day today--sometimes I can get on, other times not, other times I'm on, then try to refresh the screen or go to a different thread and get kicked off.

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's happening to me today, too.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had issues the last two days, but finally got on about 11:30pm Eastern.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Nice to see you here again.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Nice to see you here again.
    It's nice to be seen.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

So what happened? Oh hell, it hardly matters we're back now!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt forgot to pay the bills.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::alarmed::

do you think it is funny? do you think it is funny? do you think it is funny?!!

::panics::

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I do. It wasn't intentional and he caught it right away. I think it's happened to most of us at one time or another.

No worries, bear - they wouldn't sell the site name out from under us that quickly.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I was more worried about hijackers than them selling the site.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and I was sure it had something to do with me being here in Russia! all kinds of frauds are possible here. I didn't even know my friends had the same problem - recently, as some may remember, my hotmail account crashed, and took away all my addresses, so I couldn't even email anyone! of course I didn't think of facebook - bears never think of facebooks - but I got to a Russian forum and asked a guy to check it for me, just to make sure it wasn't my comp. He said he got the same picture, and I started to install yahoo messenger to try to find anyone and to complain that some Russian crooks have done something unspeakable... Thank God everything resolved just after I googled yahoo messenger download and just stepped aside for a sec to re-check our site. Thank God for time zones!!! if I had to live with that horror all day long, like my overseas friends, I would have gone raving mad!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If mischievous russians or any other evildoers dare to fuck with this site they will have ME to contend with. Naturally they haven't a chance.

Anyhow, any time the site is down anyone and everyone is welcome to contact me by any means and I'll find out what I can.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Senior Bear, I have a tiny piece of advice for you in case anything similar should happen again... REMEMBER FACEBOOK!!

Country
    Country Flag

I already remember the Alamo, isn't it too much to ask of a bear?...

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a Texan, and sometimes I forget about the alamo.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I keep getting a warning about Malware when I access various threads. This has only started happening over the last four weeks or so.

I'm using Windows Vista and the Google Chrome web browser.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just was able to 'recreate' that using Google and the Chrome browser, however I so far have only encountered it when clicking a link that led to the site. When I am logged into the site, I have yet to encounter the problem.
    I'll discuss it with the PTB for a fix.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Flagg.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure what this is but I will look into it, if it is coming up all the time while browsing the site, that is not good obviously.

The "warning" I got forwarded to me is actually an A+ rating on the site by Google. They say we are not dangerous in any way.

This site does not distribute Mal ware or any other type of solicitor content. If you receive a warning that says otherwise, I would love to see it.

It is a free resource of King information and we go to great lengths to make sure members aren't spammed or put at risk when they visit. I will look into why Chrome is sending the report but the report itself is simply information about how safe the site is from what I can see.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I'm using Windows Vista and the Google Chrome web browser.
    What antivirus software? Another message board had users reporting something similar using Avira Antivirus, which seems sensitive to certain links and banners in messages or signatures.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    What antivirus software? Another message board had users reporting something similar using Avira Antivirus, which seems sensitive to certain links and banners in messages or signatures.
    I'm using Avast Antivirus.

I've been using it for a while but it updates regularly. Maybe one of the updates is causing this?

The "warning" I got forwarded to me is actually an A+ rating on the site by Google. They say we are not dangerous in any way.

This site does not distribute Mal ware or any other type of solicitor content. If you receive a warning that says otherwise, I would love to see it.
    Okay. The same thing just happened and here is a cut and paste of the message:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.thedarktower.org contains elements from the site www.thedarktower.org, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.thedarktower.org.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
    The 'diagnostic page' mentioned above actually links here.

I hope that helps.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I suspect someone posted an image that is hosted on another site that is suspect. The same thing happened on King's message board recently.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what it looks like to me, too.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I'm using Avast Antivirus.

I've been using it for a while but it updates regularly. Maybe one of the updates is causing this?

Okay. The same thing just happened and here is a cut and paste of the message:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at www.thedarktower.org contains elements from the site www.thedarktower.org, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.thedarktower.org.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
    The 'diagnostic page' mentioned above actually links here.

I hope that helps.
    That does help, I wish they were more specific about what they found. I suspect Bev is correct because I think that actually happened here once too. An image hosted on another site but linked here.

Still looking into it.

Edit--

I'm actually a little confused because if you follow the insturctions on the website to get a current report, this is what I receive:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.thedarktower.org

What is the current listing status for www.thedarktower.org?
    This site is not currently listed as suspicious.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 268 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-08-19, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, www.thedarktower.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
    Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I googled 'Taylor Cujo Guitar'. When I click on the Images selection, the number one image is of my guitar, the picture is hosted by this site. Give it a try, it will give the Malware warning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast