Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Okay so if I use internet explorer I don't have a problem - except for some reason ie crashes all the time which is why I switched to firefox - but I still am having the problems with firefox...

I'll try and send a screenshot...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

[IMG]C:\My Documents\untitled.bmp[/IMG]

My Mood
    Worried

Okay... still can't get the screenshot on here... when I try to upload it it says "can't accept .bmp files..."

My Mood
    Worried

but I'm getting a newer tower soon... one with 40 gigs rather than 2 gigs... so I'll let you guys know if it's still going on then...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was having a lot of problems with IE constantly quitting on me so I switched over to firefox, but it's working fine on my end.

Liz, try converting the file to a jpeg and see if that works.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

LadyH, if you're trying to upload to the gallery here, it only accepts .jpg and .png formats.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Default Phishing Warning

hello the ptb. lately i have been getting a phishing warning from ie7 about the site. it seems to happen in select threads when i hit the reply button. here's a screen shot of what i got when i tried to reply to the ebay bs thread.

ETA: i'm sorry about the size. i tried to make it smaller but when i do you can't see the url or the warning. sorry. ::sorrysmiliehere::
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 09-01-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: tried a smaller image

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I'm missing it. Where is the phishing warning? All I see is a standard reply screen.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

see how the website's url is in yellow at the top? and beside it it says "suspicious website"? well, when i clicked on that i got a box that said it was a phishing website. i went to the microsoft site and clicked the button that said you guys were a safe site but because i couldn't check the box that said i was a representative or the owner i don't think they'll pay much attention to me.

okay, it's still doing it so here's a screenshot with the box open
    (when you click on where it says suspicious website)

here's the url when you click on report whether or not this is a phishing website
    but this url only works for the ebay bs game thread.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Turtle, you seem to have a lot of tabs open. Does the same occur when you have fewer tabs. I'm only asking this because I sometimes have some troubles when I have more than five or six tabs open at a time.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Turtle, you seem to have a lot of tabs open. Does the same occur when you have fewer tabs. I'm only asking
    this because I sometimes have some troubles when I have more than five or six tabs open at a time.

John
    wow. you think that's a lot? i've had as many as 17 open before. i love tabs!

anyway, no it doesn't matter if i have one tab or 17 tabs. and it really hates the ebay bs game thread today for
    some reason. it's like it chooses a thread to hate and then for the rest of the day (even after clearing the cookies,
    the history, the cache, everything) it will mark that thread as evil.

and yes i know. a mac wouldn't do this.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Turtlesong: I can't click the link you posted above, it says the following

phishingfilter.microsoft.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for smartscreen.microsoft.com
    What I can gather about the message is that you have a program running that specifically tries to evaluate and return information on sites you visit. As with all things, your version could have its settings to be a bit sensitive. I'm not sure about that.

I open the site in Internet Explorer and do not receive a warning. I'll search a bit of information on microsoft to make sure our site is not crossing some kind of threshold. Thanks for the info but I believe its probably just a local add on you have on your copy of IE

i have the phishing filter turned on in ie7 but that's it. maybe it's just something about it not liking me making so many replies? maybe it thinks i spend too much time here?

maybe the server collects information? you know, statistical stuff not personal stuff? i've got the phishing filter set pretty low. and everytime i see the warning i click the link and tell them that no, palaver is not a phishing site. (i have this image of jean sitting on the side of a lake somewhere trying to catch a trout!).

anyway, say sorry that the link didn't work. mayhap it will only work from the computer that generated the warning. so long as the warnings are yellow i won't worry about them. if i get any red ones, i'll let you know. sound cool?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This used to happen to me/others on rare occasion and was related to a members Av or signature and the fact it was self hosted on their own personal server...I don't remember exactly, but as soon as we had the member change the Av/Sig hosting, the problem went away. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This used to happen to me/others on rare occasion and was related to a members Av or signature and the fact it was self hosted on their own personal server...I don't remember exactly, but as soon as we had the member change the Av/Sig hosting, the problem went away. Just a thought.
    so maybe somebody in the thread is self-hosting their av or sig? cause mine are both on photobucket. that makes sense. thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    so maybe somebody in the thread is self-hosting their av or sig? cause mine are both on photobucket. that makes sense. thanks.
    That was the problem before. I seem to recall it was Mike Beck-sadly he hasn't been here in 2 months (I could be wrong about the member) but it isn't you yourself, it could be some other member. It was a cumbersome problem to figure it out before (and it wasn't me who was smart enough to do so-perhaps it was Brice who figured it out) and it may not be the problem this time, but I think it is something to consider.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember that!

Thanks Jerome, great place to start.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Switch to Firefox. Problem will likely be solved.

Maybe it thinks DTbay is a spoof of eBay?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

i swear to gan i just posted a reply in this thread and now it's disappeared.
    "strange things are afoot at the circle k!"

anyway. what i wanted to say was why would it think that dtbay was a spoof of ebay? aren't we talking about the "ebay bs game" thread here? that's the one that's doing it. maybe i've had too many drugs (medicine drugs not the good kind).

and how weird is it that daggers is telling me just to switch browsers? did i step into an alternate dimension at some point? brice was ignoring letti, daggers was almost nice to microsoft. . .

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Testing something
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Testing again

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just as FYI, I got that same "pfishing" warning message today. I was NOT on the eBay BS thread, but I can't remember which one it was - maybe Intriguing Auctions? If it happens again, a PROMISE I'll pay closer attention!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I still think Microsuck thinks DTbay is a spoof of eBay, and along those lines all things called auction/-bay, etc. would alert it. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Leave a shitload of holes in your software but alert the world to a site that is totally harmless.

And turtle, I figured if I could at least convert you to open source software, you'd be on the slippery slope to a Mac.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lately I have been unable to get pictures uploaded to imageshack to work. Photobucket works fine for me.
    Can someone else try to upload from http://imageshack.us/ and see if it works for them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast