Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Cool! Thanks RF.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was never a favored Mod at DT.net...and I only have respect for one beside Patrick.

I am an ass!!!
    Don't worry we don't respect you either.

A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!! We're over 2500 members!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap!! That's big.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, When I try to get into the chat rooms, I get the button that tells me I need the Java download. I click this, and it tells me that I've already got the proper software, but I still get the button and can't get into the chat. What am I doing wrong?

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I know Matt posted a couple things that may fix it, but damned if I can find them anywhere.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

it's this post. hope this helps.

ETA: IE means internet explorer just so the same question doesn't come up again. if you're working with netscape you can pm somebody (or me if you want, i don't mind). if you're using a mac i'm out of the loop cause i'm a pc.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If he had a Mac, it would just work.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice VastOne is on a distinguished road VastOne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hi, When I try to get into the chat rooms, I get the button that tells me I need the Java download. I click this, and it tells me that I've already got the proper software, but I still get the button and can't get into the chat. What am I doing wrong?

John
    Using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

'but not for you Gunslinger, never for you. you darkle. you tinct. may I be brutally frank? You Go on.'

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was never a favored Mod at DT.net...and I only have respect for one beside Patrick.

I am an ass!!!
    Don't worry we don't respect you either.

But you promised to respect me in the morning!!!

(Wait... does Aaron read this???)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    59 guests and 6 members???

Sounds like DT.net to me.

By my count it's 6 members right now.

(sorry Matt, I'm a troublemaker...I gave Josh the same shit.)

I am an ass!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    ???

Not sure what you mean here Jon

I mean, the first sign way back in 2000 that something was wrong with the board at DT.net was an unusual ratio of members to guests. I saw the same Friday night, (6/59), and I was concerned for .com. I then went seeking glitches and sent many PMs to Matt...thus the phrases " Sounds like DT.net to me." and all the PMs lead to this; " (sorry Matt, I'm a troublemaker...I gave Josh the same shit.)"

Then I am a bit bitter how, toward the end, two mods did it all, the work, the others left, and I was left holding the bag, getting the angry PMs with no answers from Admin. to help me...etc... I was just venting and stated " I was never a favored Mod at DT.net... (I hit heads with one mod a lot...heated shit.) and I only have respect for one beside Patrick.
    I am an ass!!!"

Sorry to be so confusing. I just vented. I held the bag for near a year.

This is way off topic but I was spooked by glitches similar to DT.net's.

Back on topic.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, first...deep breaths. Better?

50% plus of our "guests" are spiders - search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) crawling the site. It's okay, really. Creepy, but okay. It means we'll show up that much higher on the search engines when you type in "Dark Tower".

I get the PTSD response - had I been in your shoes, trying to answer questions I had no answer for, yep, would have been there!

Hope you can work it out. No worries, mate! The site is all good, the mods are on the spam/bots/inquires like you wouldn't believe.

It's all good, Jon. Just sit back and enjoy!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thankee

SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SLURP spiders.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post

John
    IE

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    it's this post. hope this helps.

ETA: IE means internet explorer just so the same question doesn't come up again. if you're working with netscape you can pm somebody (or me if you want, i don't mind). if you're using a mac i'm out of the loop cause i'm a pc.
    Thanks you for posting the link turtle, I hope this helps John. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll keep searching solutions.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post

John
    IE

John
    John,

You may want to check to see if you have pop-ups blocked for this site. If they are blocked, unblock it and then try again. Remember that any toolbar you may have (google, Yahoo, MSN) have their own po-up blocking so if you have any of these installed, the pop-up must be enabled in toolbar settings.

If it is still failing, make sure JavaScript is enabled this way:

Activate JavaScript in your browser

To start the chat, JavaScript must be activated in your browser. If it is not, you can make the following changes in your browser settings:

* Microsoft Internet Explorer

In the menu bar > Tools > Internet options > Security > Internet > Modify settings > Scripting > Active Scripting choose "activate". Confirm your changes with a click on “ok”.

Le us know....

'but not for you Gunslinger, never for you. you darkle. you tinct. may I be brutally frank? You Go on.'

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've disabled the pop-up blocker, enabled the Active scripting and I still have the same problem. I KNOW I'm doing something wrong or have some wrong settings about there, but I'm darned if I know what.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you try the link above John? Its supposed to be an automated thing that checks your system for you. Version and set up I mean.

It's recommended and totally secure.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've disabled the pop-up blocker, enabled the Active scripting and I still have the same problem. I KNOW I'm doing something wrong or have some wrong settings about there, but I'm darned if I know what.

John
    John,

Do you have any special FireWall software running, like ZoneAlarm or a router that may be handling JavaScipt calls? I realize thisis unlikely as you said you got it to work in Firefox, correct?

What version of IE are you using and which operating system?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't notice the link. I'll try that.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've tried it, but I guess I just don't have the expertise to make it work. I can't figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do because some of the things it says to do don't match what is offered to me via my menus. I did figure out that I have the Microsoft VM Java browser 1.6.0 installed. Oh, well.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll get it going for you John, let me do some research.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast