Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you kindly! :happy:

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

*bows* your welcome. A technical question I could answer....that dosent happen very often outside of the hospital

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. The internet is one giant tool designed to confuse me.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone was a newbie once. You only learn by asking.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Is there a certain # of posts you have to get to make the # of characters you can have in your sig bigger? Because mine has a cap of 250 characters without BBC markups, and I've definitely seen some longer sigs on the site.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it maybe because you're trying to do one long sig, instead of several short ones?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its capped at 250 for registered users, the admin on the site have a bit of leeway.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh...

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhh...ok. I understand then, no big deal.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how do i start my own thread

how many more posts do i need to "level up"

Country
    Country Flag

At the top left of a forum there is a button that says new topic.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    how do i start my own thread

how many more posts do i need to "level up"
    You should be able to post a new thread right now.
    In the appropriate area, before entering any other thread, click on the New Topic button. Enter the title of the thread (use care for spelling, as you want attention on the thread and not on a typo) and in the body of the text window, make your presentation.
    Good luck.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, there are no restrictions on starting threads.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Mark forums as read... ?

I was wondering : is there no button to mark the forums as read?

i mean, not the whole forum, but the subforums... ?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Above the list of threads is a dark bar. To the right should be Forum Tools
    Click on forum tools to create a drop down box.
    One choice is "Mark forum read"
    Click on Mark Forum Read
    Voila! The forum should now be de-highlighted.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm its hidden!

Thank you!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn! My secret trick to clear has been discovered!!
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

There is also a link to click at the bottom of the main page, above the Online List stuff, in the middle of the page.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any easy way to reduce the quality of a photo too below the 2 KB cap for sig pictures without resizing the picture so small that its barely there?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...not sure what you mean there Kevin.

Pictures that are uploaded to the forum have a restriction on them, if the pic is hosted (here or elsewhere) it can be pretty much any size.

Country
    Country Flag

Wait, are you saying that if I host the picture on the site than it can be used in my signature, regardless of size?

Too clarify: When I try to put a picture in my signature it tells me that the picture I want to use is larger than 2 KB (I think its 9 KB), I'm wondering if there is a way to reduce the quality of the picture (without changing its size) so that it meets the 2 KB cap. I'm using the 'browse' option to do this as the picture is on my PC rather than at a specific URL.

Please help!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what format is your picture? I mean both the size and the file extension

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If it has a lot of background, you can crop it to make it smaller as well. If I were home I'd just tell you to send it to me and I'd try and fix it for you, but I can't do it from work.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can try

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

There is the picture, if either of you, or ANYONE could help me, that'd be fantastic.

It could be clipped more on the sides, as long as all the people and the bus are there. IF that helps. I dunno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast