Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't see the last page of this thread so not sure if this has been addressed. I've been getting this message for a few days, randomly…

Database Error Database error
    The Palaver - A forum for Stephen King fans & Book Collectors database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    Open the www.thedarktower.org home page, then try to open another page.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.thedarktower.org forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

omit

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Seriously, whoever put the time and energy into fixing the very odd database error,...thank you.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be my tech person (son). Sorry it took so long, but he is in the Philippines on business, so when problems started he was dead asleep due to the 15 hour time difference from home.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My daily 'fix' is up and running again, thank you.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All hail the King!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think if you see any weird post that's not yours, just click edit and save it. It will be your post again.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Is this related to the site issue we had yesterday? I have one PM showing unread and had an email notification come in, but inside my PM area I do not see any new message... Weird.
    Any way this could be fixed?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if you see any weird post that's not yours, just click edit and save it. It will be your post again.

Is this related to the site issue we had yesterday? I have one PM showing unread and had an email notification come in, but inside my PM area I do not see any new message... Weird.
    Any way this could be fixed?
    It has been fixed. ..repaired.
    There were corrupted posts, etc. At least we didn't have to roll the site back to 1 or 2 days ago.
    The site backs up day at ~12:05 am .
    We didn't want to erase 200+ posts, so settled for a few dozen.

Country
    Country Flag

My issue with the phantom PM is still happening, though. At the top it says Notifications: 1 and 1 Unread Private Messages, but when going to the PM inbox, it's not there. I think it's gotta be related, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My issue with the phantom PM is still happening, though. At the top it says Notifications: 1 and 1 Unread Private Messages, but when going to the PM inbox, it's not there. I think it's gotta be related, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
    just sent you a PM - see if viewing this will reset your unread message count
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

It worked, thank you

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It worked, thank you
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been able to log since 3/20. The problem has now been fixed.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good to have you back Br!an

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Good to have you back Br!an
    Although his post count shows as 1.
    BTAIM, his posts are there; I just don't fell like counting them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

TEST

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the site's outage "finish" now?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like some posts might have been lost?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I lost a telephone pole post, a fence post and some post-it notes. I'm blaming that on Palaver.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm just now able to sign back on.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too.
    I'm so frustrated I'm ready to throw in the towel.
    There are so many medical issues I'm dealing with, then having this stuff makes me want to prioritize.

I'm sorry to hear that RF.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm sorry as well. I can't imagine the stress that must go into running this site when you look at the amount of members who are dependent on it.
    I feel like this is a stupid question, but is there a way we can help?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm sorry as well. I can't imagine the stress that must go into running this site when you look at the amount of members who are dependent on it.
    I feel like this is a stupid question, but is there a way we can help?
    Not really, but thanks for asking. Members contributed to keep the site ad free, and I don't feel comfortable asking for any more help-particularly when the site has been offline several times in the last week or so.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

But, hey, there are still no ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 129 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast