Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 129 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Does the site look weird for anyone else today? All the text (posts/usernames/sigs/etc) is centered instead of aligning to the left.

Edit: It's only doing it when I'm viewing on the VB4 default style.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All good here
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Does the site look weird for anyone else today? All the text (posts/usernames/sigs/etc) is centered instead of aligning to the left.

Edit: It's only doing it when I'm viewing on the VB4 default style.
    I believe I just fixed it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I believe you are correct! Thanks, RF.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No big whoop, but it seems that the arcade leader boards isn't saving anymore. Me just lost my 2000+ snake score...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait... the arcade still works!?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We have an arcade?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

How do I use the iTrader? No matter which option I choose from the dropdown it only shows me 14 people; how do you search everyone? I expected to see the list just like on Private Messages where it gives you hits after a few letters. I only just wanted to leave a seller some good feedback.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    How do I use the iTrader? No matter which option I choose from the dropdown it only shows me 14 people; how do you search everyone? I expected to see the list just like on Private Messages where it gives you hits after a few letters. I only just wanted to leave a seller some good feedback.
    It's a bit quirky. Find the seller and look for a recent post. Once at their post, click on the Feedback score underneath their member name, avatar. The at the right side of screen id the leave feedback option.
    Or....
    use the search field to find the member, then click on the feedback score and follow the previous instructions.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If you look at the information in the left panel of every post there is a "Feedback Score:" with a number. If you click the number it takes you to that person's iTrader page. The panel on the top right will say "Submit Feedback For George at C-Springs" or whatever user you click on. You can then submit your report.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, that worked ... but definitely not in an obvious user-friendly kind of way! Thx -- G.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, that worked ... but definitely not in an obvious user-friendly kind of way! Thx -- G.
    It's pretty crappy, but the price is right.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been happening for a while. I use GreyFolio Black. I use Firefox (the latest update).

Occasionally, when I go to Calvin's Corner, some of the symbols of the sub-forums are green, although no new information has been posted. Also, when new information is posted, the symbol can be either green or red. Is this a glitch in the system or in Firefox?

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    This has been happening for a while. I use GreyFolio Black. I use Firefox (the latest update).

Occasionally, when I go to Calvin's Corner, some of the symbols of the sub-forums are green, although no new information has been posted. Also, when new information is posted, the symbol can be either green or red. Is this a glitch in the system or in Firefox?

John

I'm guessing you are referring to Catalog sections. Correct?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John

Yes, it mainly has been recently happening with the first two--the Collectibles and the First Editions, but has also happened in the Books About King on occasion.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Yes, it mainly has been recently happening with the first two--the Collectibles and the First Editions, but has also happened in the Books About King on occasion.

John
    Those are the wiki sections that are being overhauled. The wiki wants to notify people of every change, no matter how minor.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

John
    Those are the wiki sections that are being overhauled. The wiki wants to notify people of every change, no matter how minor.
    Okey dokey!

John

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious, there are lots of posts that have pictures that I cant see. It seems mostly from a few members. Also, I think the issue only occurs when using my work computer (regardless of working locally, or vpn'd from home). All I see is a large white space, no frame or anything indicating that there is a broken link or anthing that indicates that something is missing.

An example would be post 10026 in the "Stephen King Collecting Questions" in Calvins Corner. This seems to be very common with posts from Needfulthings.

I'm guessing it is some kind of firewall issue, but what is unique about his posts that is different then most others?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It could also be your browser. Do you use the same browser at work as at home? I've had similar problems with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Just curious, there are lots of posts that have pictures that I cant see. It seems mostly from a few members. Also, I think the issue only occurs when using my work computer (regardless of working locally, or vpn'd from home). All I see is a large white space, no frame or anything indicating that there is a broken link or anthing that indicates that something is missing.

An example would be post 10026 in the "Stephen King Collecting Questions" in Calvins Corner. This seems to be very common with posts from Needfulthings.

I'm guessing it is some kind of firewall issue, but what is unique about his posts that is different then most others?
    Bruce (Needfulthings) uses Imageshack to host his pictures. It would be interesting to see if the other members images that you cannot see are also hosted on imageshack.
    It's likely that your corporate network is blocking access to Imageshacks servers (and potentially other similar image hosting sites)

As an aside, all images in the Catalog have been moved and are now hosted on the site itself, so you should have no problems seeing those.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

He is using imageshack. Here's the link to the photo in 10026. http://imageshack.com/a/img673/8767/3e70Z1.jpg

If it's a firewall blocking imageshack then you shouldn't be able to follow the link either.

If you can see it then it's probably network settings, browser settings or a plug-in.

I also use Firefox and have no problem seeing the images.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I have similar issues here and on other message boards. I'm sure it's my company's network blocking them. When I try with my phone, I can see the images just fine.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    He is using imageshack. Here's the link to the photo in 10026. http://imageshack.com/a/img673/8767/3e70Z1.jpg

If it's a firewall blocking imageshack then you shouldn't be able to follow the link either.

If you can see it then it's probably network settings, browser settings or a plug-in.

I also use Firefox and have no problem seeing the images.
    Thanks Br!an and Stroppygoblin. It is indeed because it is from imageshack. I got a nasty "Access Denied" warning when I clicked on your link.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, I'm just curious. I use Photobucket for my pictures in my Collections thread. Can you see those?

John

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, I'm just curious. I use Photobucket for my pictures in my Collections thread. Can you see those?

John

Hi John,

Yeah, I can see yours fine.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 129 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast